The fasting diet is for morons!!!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
WTF is this crap I've been reading about a fasting diet? Ummm....WHY? Please give me one good reason this stupid diet would work better than a well balanced diet, I'm all ears. Why would anybody go 6-8 hrs sleeping, just to wake up and go another 6-8 hrs starving? And then cram in too many calories in a shorter time frame, making damn near impossible to even get the nutrients you'd need throughout the day!! BREAKFAST, BREAK- FAST, your boosting your metabolism by breaking the fast when you wake up and eat, why in Gods name would anybody follow this lame ass diet!! When it comes to diets and fat loss who other than bodybuilders know best? Nobody!! If you asked almost any competitive bodybuilder how he ate to get real lean, I seriously doubt "Fasting diet" would come out of their mouths.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
idk man.... im not sure exactly what the fasting diet entails, but i do know that working out fasted in the morning helps me when im cutting....

and just think about this...... imagine you were a caveman (our ancestors) ... you wouldnt have 10 eggs and bacon every morning at the same time, because you would have to go hunt...

so im gunna venture out and say that we arent SUPPOSED to eat right away in the morning, and maybe were not supposed to eat every 2 hours, or 6 times a day...

just looking at both sides

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
WTF is this crap I've been reading about a fasting diet? Ummm....WHY? Please give me one good reason this stupid diet would work better than a well balanced diet, I'm all ears. Why would anybody go 6-8 hrs sleeping, just to wake up and go another 6-8 hrs starving? And then cram in too many calories in a shorter time frame, making damn near impossible to even get the nutrients you'd need throughout the day!! BREAKFAST, BREAK- FAST, your boosting your metabolism by breaking the fast when you wake up and eat, why in Gods name would anybody follow this lame ass diet!! When it comes to diets and fat loss who other than bodybuilders know best? Nobody!! If you asked almost any competitive bodybuilder how he ate to get real lean, I seriously doubt "Fasting diet" would come out of their mouths.
An entire post directly aimed toward complaining about something you don't understand.

why don't you try reading?

You can start here : http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/176033-lean-gains-comprehensive.html

a few bullet points :

(2) You cannot "trick" the body in to burning more or less calories by manipulating meal frequency. Meal frequency does not affect total TEF (Thermic Effect of Food). [Reference: http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html]

(6) Short-term fasting actually increases metabolic rate. Recent studies indicate that the earliest evidence for lowered metabolic rate in response to fasting occurred after 60 hours (-8% in resting metabolic rate), while others show metabolic rate as not negatively impacted until 72-96 hours of fasting. Recent studies report an increase in metabolic rate of of 3.6% - 10% after fasting for no more than 36-48 hours (Mansell PI, et al, and Zauner C, et al). [Reference: http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html

(7) It’s false to assume that the body can only use a certain amount of protein per meal. Meals high in protein (30g+) simply take a longer time to digest and ultimately be utilized in comparison to smaller meals. For some concrete numbers, digestion of a standard meal is still incomplete after five hours (Splanchnic and leg substrate exchange after ingest... [Diabetes. 1999] - PubMed result). During this time, amino acids are being released into the bloodstream and absorbed into muscles after a fairly “average” meal of 600 kcal, 75g CHO, 37g PRO, and 17g FAT. The body can utilize far more than 30g protein consumed in one sitting. [Reference: (1) http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...debunked.html; (2) http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

(8) Short-term fasting does not result in muscle catabolism. Only in prolonged fasting does protein catabolism become an issue, and only after stored liver glycogen becomes depleted. In fact, it's no stretch to assume that 100 grams of protein as part of a mixed meal at the end of the day would be releasing amino acids into the bloodstream for 16-24 hours after ingestion. [Reference: http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html]

(15) A recent study suggests that an intermittent calorie restriction diet may be more effective than a daily calorie restriction diet in preserving lean mass when losing weight and fat mass. It is noted however that both intermittent and daily calorie restriction diets are equally as effective in decreasing body weight and fat mass (Intermittent versus daily calorie restriction: whi... [Obes Rev. 2011] - PubMed result). [Reference: http://twitter.com/martinberkhan]

(28) Fasting increases catecholamine levels -- subsequently triggering fat mobilization by activating hormone sensitive lipase (HSL). HSL then shuttles the fat out of the cell to be utilized as energy.[Reference: http://www.leangains.com/2010/06/int...born-body.html]

(29) Fasting increases abdominal subcutaneous blood flow, increasing exposure to catecholamines in the bloodstream. [Reference: http://www.leangains.com/2010/06/int...born-body.html]

(30) Extended periods of reduced insulin levels (as a result of fasting) inhibit a2-receptors and allow for an increased mobilization of b2-receptor dominant stubborn fat. Essentially, a greater time spent in the low insulin state equals a greater time spent in a state where fat can be mobilized from stubborn areas. In anticipation of questions involving low-carbohydrate diets continuously keeping insulin levels low, we must keep in mind that triglycerides inhibit HSL in a similar manner as insulin. [Reference: http://www.leangains.com/2010/06/int...born-body.html]

then you can go to the leangains thread and read about all of the people, myself included, who are seeing better results than ever with this style of eating. plus i can eat fried chicken and pizza and still get leaner. can you do that on your low fat diet?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The proof is in the pudding bro....just go to any one of the numerous logs of IF/Lean gains on here and you'll see why we do it and how successful it is. There is a lot of great things about this diet and just because everyone has been led to believe that consuming 5 smaller meals over the course of the day spread out every 2-3 hours is the right and only way, doesn't necessarily mean it is. I've had WAY more success cutting and recomping with this diet than any other traditional diet has ever come close to

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont use it, because i cant focking go hours without eating- just cause i like eating lulz

HOWEVER- I doubt you have even researched the diet- in fact Im pretty sure your just a focking ignorant fock, and just spouting out of your ass because this is something new, and unfamiliar to you.

now having said that- this diet is designed in a nutshell to promote nutrient partitioning and helping with insulin sensitivity

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I more or less use this diet. Have been forr years. I use it because that's how my eating time falls into my schedule. 3 large meals and post work out shake is all. Aminos/ creatine/ BA sipped on all day.If it doesn't work for you... Do what does. It's really my only option, and it works.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure your just a focking ignorant fock, and just spouting out of your ass because this is something new, and unfamiliar to you.
Well i'll be Damn'd.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Pot calling the kettle black lol

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Not knocking but I would go insane w/out food 6-8 hours at a time. OTOH, eating every 2.2341 hours is not necessary. No need to complicate the basics. It's okay if one day you consume your calories in 4 meals vs 6 meals.

T

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I myself see no benefits in it.Im sure your body would get use to it after some time being on it.
I'd only fast for religious reasons and that would be iffy to do then.I don't think losing weight/fat which ever it does is worth the misery that would come with this type of "diet"
Just my 2cents to 1 his own.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
yeah it must be crap, thats why in the past 6 weeks, i have been gaining LBM and getting stronger while my waist is shrinking to the point that i need to wear a belt or my pants would slide off..

Nothing like bashing something with none of the facts. You should run for office :)

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Don't let anything like science get in the way of your rant.

head_in_sand.jpg

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The proof is in the pudding bro....just go to any one of the numerous logs of IF/Lean gains on here and you'll see why we do it and how successful it is. There is a lot of great things about this diet and just because everyone has been led to believe that consuming 5 smaller meals over the course of the day spread out every 2-3 hours is the right and only way, doesn't necessarily mean it is. I've had WAY more success cutting and recomping with this diet than any other traditional diet has ever come close to
I'll just one up this post. Forget about the numerous logs. Look at scientific studies. There are studies showing that types of intermittent fasting (including Ramadan fasting for Muslims) improve body composition, insulin sensitivity, growth hormone and other hormone levels. There are NO studies showing that eating 6 or 8 meals a day is beneficial over 2 or 3 meals a day in any way except psychological. I'll grant particularly at first the fasting type diets require some mental adjustment, but outside of that its proven to be far more beneficial than 6-8 meals spread over your waking hours.

like this article says http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/working-your-body-222/

In a fasting condition, there's no food coming in to stimulate any increase insulin. If you find that you can't make it more than two hours, you're probably inflexible to burning body fat. Not a good state to be in, my large friend. If you can easily go for 5-6 hours, that's much better.
probably if you have a hard time dealing with eating less frequently than every 3 hours you have some insulin sensitivity problems.

T

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I have a thyroid problem which would result in "misery" also it helps me to eat 7x a day because i feel like crap if i eat to much and to get the cals i need 3x would be a massive amount of food.Thinking were losing fat/weight by just the cals not how long or how many times we eat.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i absolutely hated eating several times a day. its such a focking hassle. some people love it though.

whatever you can adhere to the best is what will work.

T

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I don't care for it to much either but have no choice but to do it.To much fatigue after bigger meals.Use to it now cook at start of week and fix stuff night before for the day.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i absolutely hated eating several times a day. its such a focking hassle. some people love it though.

whatever you can adhere to the best is what will work.

I agree that this diet is both easier than eating so many times a day, and also more enjoyable. I like the leniency with it a lot:food:

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Seems to me 90% of you guys ranting and raving over this diet are under 200 lbs, I'm not knocking you for that, all I'm saying is where are the guys with a ton of lean muscle and low bodyfat talking about this diet? And please shut up about all of this ancestor bull****, our ancestors were also a lot smaller and died a lot younger. For every retard who shouts about ancestors I could show you a bodybuilder who eats a ton of oats, grits, and white potatoes and eats all day. Most of the people I trained in the past had one thing in common, they did not eat during the first half of the day, AND THEY WERE FATTER THAN ****!!! I had to get them to start eating breakfast to see some real changes. All this crap is so nit picky blown out of proportion its beyond retarded. "Insulin sensitivity this, release GH that, 80 grams of this, 30 grams of that" Think about what your saying to yourselves "Its much more convenient and easier for me" so now the truth comes out, bodybuilding is work!!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super Human Radio has a show on this. I haven't listened but I thought I saw something where it helped increase protein synthesis. Also if you are fasted you are tapping into your fat storage rather than burning carbs.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems to me 90% of you guys ranting and raving over this diet are under 200 lbs, I'm not knocking you for that, all I'm saying is where are the guys with a ton of lean muscle and low bodyfat talking about this diet? And please shut up about all of this ancestor bull****, our ancestors were also a lot smaller and died a lot younger. For every retard who shouts about ancestors I could show you a bodybuilder who eats a ton of oats, grits, and white potatoes and eats all day. Most of the people I trained in the past had one thing in common, they did not eat during the first half of the day, AND THEY WERE FATTER THAN ****!!! I had to get them to start eating breakfast to see some real changes. All this crap is so nit picky blown out of proportion its beyond retarded. "Insulin sensitivity this, release GH that, 80 grams of this, 30 grams of that" Think about what your saying to yourselves "Its much more convenient and easier for me" so now the truth comes out, bodybuilding is work!!
Has nothing to do with ancestors, you are mistaking the paleo diet. There are peer reviewed scientific studies backing up fat loss, higher growth hormone levels, better insulin sensitivity.

I'm guessing too many of the really big guys are as stubborn as you are here, ignoring science and saying "I got big on 8 meals a day, I'll loose all my muscle if I go 6 hours not eating" and are too afraid to try it. Just because you do something less than optimal really hard over and over and get results doesn't mean its the best way.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
im not a bodybuilder at all... but im also 210 10%bf .... and ive been as high as 220 before..

and im not on any drugs...

show me a NATURAL bodybuilder eating like shiit all day who stays lean..... ?

this was a pointless thread, and you are the moron who created it

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i dont understand the comment about being 200lbs. its a f*cking joke. without performance enhancing drugs, your heroes, the competitive bodybuilders, would GET ALOT LESS RESULTS DOING YOUR WAY THAN OURS. guess we'll never know, because like you, they won't ever come off of the drugs.

A. no one ever said leangains/ADF/IF will get you the biggest, fastest - instead it is a surefire way of recomping. its hard to add fat on this diet.

B. um, to this board, leangains is a fairly new concept. people breaking out of their dogmatic dieting are seeing nice results, however. don't expect everyone to be shredded and huge in a few months of leangains. its just a new style of eating that yields the most optimal results. i'm not 200lbs but i can show you before and after pics and its a pretty huge change in a relatively short time.

C. why are you saying WE are nitpicking? we are the ones eating sustainable diets that more conform to every day, non-narcissistic lives. YOU are the one carrying around a lunchbox with your tiny meals everywhere you go because you're scared to death of '' oh noes catabolism!''

To summarize : leangains works, its easy, and anyone with courage enough to try it, know it.

R

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
then you can go to the leangains thread and read about all of the people, myself included, who are seeing better results than ever with this style of eating. plus i can eat fried chicken and pizza and still get leaner. can you do that on your low fat diet?
+1

I'm not on the leangains site but I logged IF here a couple years ago. I loved the results I got from IF. It's not for everyone though. If you struggle getting your calories in in a smaller timeframe then it obviously isn't for you. I personally have no problem eating and enjoy doing so, especially at night.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, just got done looking over that site, looks alright, maybe i'll start trying it.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
So basically the idea is not to eat until like 4 or 5 PM, and like a couple hours before bed??? What if you lift weights in the morning?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, the objective is to establish a 16 hour fasting time, and 8 hour eating time. I work out at 7am, and don't have a meal till noon.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
So within an 8 hr time frame your cramming in around 2-3000 calories? Yea, ok, good luck with that. Sure your getting leaner, catabolic wise too!!!

And yes, I carry my meals with me to work and some other places I go, its called discipline.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
First of all dude....how about researching something before creating a thread about something you know NOTHING about. Period. All you are doing is making yourself look like a moron for popping off. You remind me of guys who have the attitude of "ready, shoot, aim"

Trust me, you do not have to eat 6-8 meals a day to pack on mass. The whole point of the intermittent fasting isnt to "bulk" up, but rather to lean gain over a long period of time.

So within an 8 hr time frame your cramming in around 2-3000 calories? Yea, ok, good luck with that. Sure your getting leaner, catabolic wise too!!!

And yes, I carry my meals with me to work and some other places I go, its called discipline.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Research and science say's otherwise......

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established

Great stuff here. It's cool, you like to go with dogma. You think anytime you go more than 2 hours without food your body shifts into some muscle eating state. You're probably one of those "bros" who wakes up at 3 a.m. to down another casein shake.

I know, we're strange. See a lot of us use science to guide our iron endeavors. It's the type of thing that is backed up by research. I know science isn't for everyone and some people just like to say a bunch of crap like "that's catabolic!" That's cool, my old gym was filled with tons of people like you. Just try not to get mad at those of us who do use science as our guide.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Finaflex_High.jpg

Lean Gains...any questions?

A

adnscmplx

Awards
Man, forget all the science, my increased strength, decreased weight, and smaller waist, and the fact that my life is much more enjoyable since starting IF, the OP repeated old poorly founded bodybuilding dogma but with a new twist.

He used CAPSLOCK -- undeniable proof that his statments are forged in logical rigor and are undeniably true.

I am convinced, back to 7 tiny meals per day. Where is my tupperware?

R

redemption79

Awards
  • Established

I'm going to start making my kids carry around meals everywhere they go whenever they dont do their chores...sounds like a solid form of discipline...

What else do you reccomend? Standing in the corner? Perhaps a time out to spark anabolism?

Why do I need to be disciplined? Is there some logic in that?

As I said, IF isn't for everyone. If you don't want to do it that's fine, it might not be right for you. But to suggest that making your life inconveinient through "disciplinary" actions like carrying a knight rider lunchbox around with you everywhere you go is silly.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 42114

Lean Gains...any questions?

Yea, where do i find a hat like that? Jus playin yo' :sly: Forealz tho' yo', how da' hell youz' pose' to do dis' "LaneGane" thang'? I might have to start PM'ing you on this one, i read all the **** on the site and whatnot. Sooooo you're pretty good with it?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
hahahhahahahahhahaha, dont hurt em' hammer!!! bwahahahhaha
Oh and by the way, I weigh over 200 lbs (juice free)... you started this mess of a thread...jealousy will not dig you out

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Oh and by the way, I weigh over 200 lbs (juice free)... you started this mess of a thread...jealousy will not dig you out
When the ignorant have no arguments they will resort to personal attacks instead.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Yea, where do i find a hat like that? Jus playin yo' :sly: Forealz tho' yo', how da' hell youz' pose' to do dis' "LaneGane" thang'? I might have to start PM'ing you on this one, i read all the **** on the site and whatnot. Sooooo you're pretty good with it?
PM away bro, Its pretty straight forward if you're familiar with your maintenance calories, and with what macros work for you. I used to do the whole eat every two hr. deal...what a head ache. Im not saying its the wrong way, but man eating 1,100 cal in one meal is heavenly after going years on 400cal small meals.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
When the ignorant have no arguments they will resort to personal attacks instead.
I dont personal attack **** unless someone comes at me thinking they are Arnold Schwarzenegger. Guys, seriously, quit telling yourself this method of dieting is better than giving yourself a consistent feed of nutrients and protein. All jokes aside, you guys work out hard, do cardio, burn calories. Why are you fasting like this? Its flat out stupid. Dudes have been making lean gains and getting in single digit bodyfat for years and years, its nothing new. All you need to do is eat clean and adjust your calories to fall within the right range. As for making any gains on a fast, everyone likes to think that what they are doing is the best but anyone who has ever made serious gains has fueled their body with lots of food and nutrients-more than they burn. "When I started this I got headaches" some say. Well dumbasses, that is nature telling you something, eat!! Why would you go 16 hrs straight with no food in your system, its a frikken recipe for disaster!! As for the natural guys, all power to ya, I respect that. But there comes a point when your body either has the right amount of chemicals to keep growing or it does not, period. All of these little tricks up your sleeve you think you have are smoke up your asses. I'm done with this bull****, keep listening to all of these talking parrots and "rep power" frikken joke. I'm done, ok you win, stay small retards

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I dont personal attack **** unless someone comes at me thinking they are Arnold Schwarzenegger. Guys, seriously, quit telling yourself this method of dieting is better than giving yourself a consistent feed of nutrients and protein. All jokes aside, you guys work out hard, do cardio, burn calories. Why are you fasting like this? Its flat out stupid. Dudes have been making lean gains and getting in single digit bodyfat for years and years, its nothing new. All you need to do is eat clean and adjust your calories to fall within the right range. As for making any gains on a fast, everyone likes to think that what they are doing is the best but anyone who has ever made serious gains has fueled their body with lots of food and nutrients-more than they burn. "When I started this I got headaches" some say. Well dumbasses, that is nature telling you something, eat!! Why would you go 16 hrs straight with no food in your system, its a frikken recipe for disaster!! As for the natural guys, all power to ya, I respect that. But there comes a point when your body either has the right amount of chemicals to keep growing or it does not, period. All of these little tricks up your sleeve you think you have are smoke up your asses. I'm done with this bull****, keep listening to all of these talking parrots and "rep power" frikken joke. I'm done, ok you win, stay small retards
People are fasting like this because a lot of science is behind it. It just flat works for some people. A lot of people had to get over the dogma of thinking they needed to feed every two hours. Most of these people are still taking in close to the same amount of nutrients and protein they did in the past, they are just doing it in a shorter time window.

And like I said, a LOT of science is behind it. Does that mean you can't have success without doing IF? Of course not. It's a tool that happens to work well for some people. And if it's such a recipe for disaster why are so many big people doing it? Why are so many people talking about how much success they've had? Why is science saying a lot of principles behind it work?

Has it ever occurred to you through reading all of this that YOU might see better results doing this? Or are you just always going to blindly follow what you read somewhere in Flex a long time ago?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I almost feel sorry for you bro. If you don't like it don't do it. In no way do I think or claim to be Arnold. My intention was to show you that people are capable of using the Lean Gains protocol to attain successful results. (or be over 200lbs is how you phrased it I believe) I suppose I supplied you with a visual aid as my profession of being an Art Teacher has taught me that certain individuals are better stimulated with imagery. Good luck with whatever goal you are trying to achieve through this thread.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I almost feel sorry for you bro. If you don't like it don't do it. In no way do I think or claim to be Arnold. My intention was to show you that people are capable of using the Lean Gains protocol to attain successful results. (or be over 200lbs is how you phrased it I believe) I suppose I supplied you with a visual aid as my profession of being an Art Teacher has taught me that certain individuals are better stimulated with imagery. Good luck with whatever goal you are trying to achieve through this thread.
my only goal with this thread was to save anybody from trying this garbage of a diet.

on your physique, nice work...seriously

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quick question....if u say ur insulin sensitivity is messed up if you get hungry every 3 hours or so, how do you correct it? cuz thats how I am and thats why I am reluctant to try lean gains because i hate starving lol, i love hte idea of the huge PWO meals and what not but not starving, I need to be ale to focus at school this upcomin semester

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I don't get what the argument is.

weight is slightly decreasing, while looking alot leaner.

i dont see where catabolism fits into the equation. if all this muscle is falling off, and catabolism is certain, how come the scale isn't registering it? for those remedial dieters, ill explain more clearly. Muscle has weight. Fat has weight. If muscle is being lost , weight must change. But, what if some how the amount of muscle being lost is equal to the amount of fat gained? How am i looking leaner, while gaining fat and losing muscle, and all the while the scale is only moving slightly?

If your theory is true that I am leaner but also losing muscle, it would follow that i would see significant changes in weight. Since your subtracting both the weight of the fat, and muscle.

IF I am losing muscle, I am certain it is less than would be on a standard calorie deficit diet- purely looking at the numbers.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
People are fasting like this because a lot of science is behind it. It just flat works for some people. A lot of people had to get over the dogma of thinking they needed to feed every two hours. Most of these people are still taking in close to the same amount of nutrients and protein they did in the past, they are just doing it in a shorter time window.

And like I said, a LOT of science is behind it. Does that mean you can't have success without doing IF? Of course not. It's a tool that happens to work well for some people. And if it's such a recipe for disaster why are so many big people doing it? Why are so many people talking about how much success they've had? Why is science saying a lot of principles behind it work?

Has it ever occurred to you through reading all of this that YOU might see better results doing this? Or are you just always going to blindly follow what you read somewhere in Flex a long time ago?
It all comes down to pride.

No one wants to come to the knowledge that perhaps they've been doing ''the wrong thing'' for so many years.

The difference is, the IF crowd has tried both styles of dieting and prefers IF. most of the 6 meal a day dieters have never tried IF, yet, prefer 6 meals.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
It all comes down to pride.

No one wants to come to the knowledge that perhaps they've been doing ''the wrong thing'' for so many years.

The difference is, the IF crowd has tried both styles of dieting and prefers IF. most of the 6 meal a day dieters have never tried IF, yet, prefer 6 meals.

One of the greatest thing i've learned in life is "We Are, Who We Are."

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
my only goal with this thread was to save anybody from trying this garbage of a diet.

on your physique, nice work...seriously
So you just ignore stuff like this?

"Behavioural and Metabolic Research Unit, School of Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Abstract

There have been reports of an inverse relationship between meal frequency (MF) and adiposity. It has been postulated that this may be explained by favourable effects of increased MF on appetite control and possibly on gut peptides as well. The main goal of the present study was to investigate whether using a high MF could lead to a greater weight loss than that obtained with a low MF under conditions of similar energy restriction. Subjects were randomised into two treatment arms (high MF = 3 meals+3 snacks/d or low MF = 3 meals/d) and subjected to the same dietary energy restriction of - 2931 kJ/d for 8 weeks. Sixteen obese adults (n 8 women and 8 men; age 34.6 (sd 9.5); BMI 37.1 (sd 4.5) kg/m2) completed the study. Overall, there was a 4.7 % decrease in body weight (P < 0.01); similarly, significant decreases were noted in fat mass ( - 3.1 (sd 2.9) kg; P < 0.01), lean body mass ( - 2.0 (sd 3.1) kg; P < 0.05) and BMI ( - 1.7 (sd 0.8) kg/m2; P < 0.01). However, there were NS differences between the low- and high-MF groups for adiposity indices, appetite measurements or gut peptides (peptide YY and ghrelin) either before or after the intervention. We conclude that increasing MF does not promote greater body weight loss under the conditions described in the present study."

Your problem is you keep talking about how garbage of a diet it is with nothing to back it up. Seriously, not a thing other than your word that it sucks. And then you act shocked that no one is taking you seriously.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it intermittent fasting can i sip on BCAA's in the 16 hour time period?

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
it intermittent fasting can i sip on BCAA's in the 16 hour time period?
Yeah, some people do this. The bigger question would probably be the necessity. In my experience it hasn't changed much in the least bit. The idea that the body goes into some ravaging muscle eating mode during this span isn't backed up by any real science.