The fasting diet is for morons!!! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

The fasting diet is for morons!!!

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    All diet discipline is "easier said than done."
    Rodj lean gains .. "for me" is very easy and I am getting stupid lean and staying over 200 lbs by the way... I know it's the same for others. I do agree that you're plan for your body type makes a lot of sense but for me it's a disaster. I used to damn near kill myself to get lean and now I am having a party.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.
    First thanks for the apology but still there are so many things that you don't understand about this diet and how we adapt to fasting. You say 16 hours fasting will make us weaker, dead wrong (for me that is) I am stronger at 14 hours fasted than I am at an other time of the day.

Sure we eat some foods with high calorie density (and still get leaner) but 80% - 90% of what I eat is good sensible and well balanced to my particular specifications.

This is the way I was born to eat because my metabolism has not evolved. I have to eat the way our primitive ancestors ate. It really works and I mean body type changing. I am no longer an endo type and am now capable of things I never have been. I have to go get ready for my fav workout of the week my Saturday morning fasted workout.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.
    Well lets put it this way. I am a big guy. When I first got back into the game I ate every three hours and yes I GOT RESULTS. Now that I am using the lean gains diet after doing my research. I have seen a change in my body personally. A lot more muscle definition than I had before. And the fat is coming off quicker. So this diet can be used with great results no matter what your body type in my opinion. And like you I also carry my meals with me. Tell you what. You say you want to get a smaller waist line, bigger here and bigger there. Why don't you actually try the diet and see what type of results you will get. I bet you will be more surprised than anything. And probably get in better shape then you have ever been in your life and have less stress. Not many people who work for a living have the chance to stop and eat every 2-3 hours during the day. Not many people even eat breakfast and there first meal is lunch so this diet would work great for there life style. How many hours a day do you eat currently?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    First thanks for the apology but still there are so many things that you don't understand about this diet and how we adapt to fasting. You say 16 hours fasting will make us weaker, dead wrong (for me that is) I am stronger at 14 hours fasted than I am at an other time of the day.

Sure we eat some foods with high calorie density (and still get leaner) but 80% - 90% of what I eat is good sensible and well balanced to my particular specifications.

This is the way I was born to eat because my metabolism has not evolved. I have to eat the way our primitive ancestors ate. It really works and I mean body type changing. I am no longer an endo type and am now capable of things I never have been. I have to go get ready for my fav workout of the week my Saturday morning fasted workout.
    ^^^^^^ GOOD POST

Also, I don't feel like garbage during my fast as Coors mentioned...quite the opposite. If you know what happens to the body during a fast, you know why you will feel more energtic and happy during that period. As I said the first couple days are hard, but once I got into it I loved it. My last couple hours fasted are usually the best I feel all day.

I wish I believed that eating breakfast would help me stay lean. If I did I would eat it. Breakfast foods have always been a favorite to me, but I include them in my post workout meals now. Whole wheat english muffin...with eggs, canadian bacon, and cheese...and it tastes so much better after a 16 hr fast!

My problem with the small 6 meal approach has always been coming home at night and wanting to eat everything in the house. It was always a daily struggle for me to keep my calorie count down. Fasting for 16 hrs isn't that hard for me. Eating a meal and stopping eating before I want to/before Im full sucks, and doing it 6 times every day is torture. Now I get to eat at night the way I want to and I get better results than I ever did at 6 meals/day.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by redemption79 View Post

I wish I believed that eating breakfast would help me stay lean. If I did I would eat it. Breakfast foods have always been a favorite to me, but I include them in my post workout meals now. Whole wheat english muffin...with eggs, canadian bacon, and cheese...and it tastes so much better after a 16 hr fast!
    Well, you do "break-fast" it is just later in the day.

Also while not the exact same as this, Layne Norton believes larger less frequent meals are beneficial to muscle building/protein synthesis. IIRC he recommends 4 meals or so, so realistically this isn't that far a stretch from that.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

New thread ideas for CoorsLight, take your pick:

Protein is for Morons, eat carbs!

Carbs are for Morons, eat protein!

Shakes are for Morons, eat moar chiken!

Supplements are for Morons, use steroids!

Research is for Morons, use bro science!

Search is for Morons, start a new thread!

EZ Bars are for Morons, curl in the squat rack!

Shirts are for Morons!

No hate Coors, I do it for the lulz!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    New thread ideas for CoorsLight, take your pick:

Protein is for Morons, eat carbs!

Carbs are for Morons, eat protein!

Shakes are for Morons, eat moar chiken!

Supplements are for Morons, use steroids!

Research is for Morons, use bro science!

Search is for Morons, start a new thread!

EZ Bars are for Morons, curl in the squat rack!

Shirts are for Morons!

No hate Coors, I do it for the lulz!
    LMAO! Good ones Milas....
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Milas those are to damn funny
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by redemption79 View Post
    ^^^^^^ GOOD POST

Also, I don't feel like garbage during my fast as Coors mentioned...quite the opposite. If you know what happens to the body during a fast, you know why you will feel more energtic and happy during that period. As I said the first couple days are hard, but once I got into it I loved it. My last couple hours fasted are usually the best I feel all day.

My problem with the small 6 meal approach has always been coming home at night and wanting to eat everything in the house. It was always a daily struggle for me to keep my calorie count down. Fasting for 16 hrs isn't that hard for me. Eating a meal and stopping eating before I want to/before Im full sucks, and doing it 6 times every day is torture. Now I get to eat at night the way I want to and I get better results than I ever did at 6 meals/day.
    What happens to people like me during fasting... go back 10,000 years, food is scarce and hard to come by. I wake up in my cave and there's no fuggin breakfast!! Just a pointed stick leaning against the cave wall. Fug I have to go out and get breakfast, this was the way we lived for thousands of years. The body made adjustments to be able to tax your reserves during times of fasting speeding up your metabolism to supply you energy. If you're lucky you will find game but it may take the better part of the day, 16 hours!! that's nothing!! We should be so lucky!! We find a kill a large pig or boar or whatever... we take it back to the cave and cook it. We are all starving some of us haven't eaten for a couple days, the competition for food in our world is fierce we have to gorge on that beast for all we are worth cuz we don't know when we get to eat again.

Do the math dudes our body acclimatized to this way of life cuz we lived it for 10's of thousands of years. Many of us still have very primitive metabolisms. After we get accustomed to fasting again everything falls into place...

I had a killer workout today where I was 14 hours fasted, I fuggin slayed it!! My non-fasted workouts don't compare but I work out later in the day then and don't always want to extend my fast that long. There really is no need as I have a lot to eat on workout days and 8 hours is short enough.

Yah small meals for me was a fuggin disaster in the off season!! I damn near had to kill myself to get lean for contests, now it's much easier and I preserve wayyyy more muscle. I don't think I will be giving it up any time soon, lol then I would be a moron to give up something that works this well for me. I am fuggin stoked!!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Shirts are for Morons!
    Hmmm, i like this one.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  11. JRC

Wesley is the man! Been a member over at iron addicts for quite some time....RIP to him Before he passed he was just dipping into IF and wrote some good info on a modified warrior diet IF approach for weight trainees. Hell I still use this diet over a year later. Works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Ok, wow, where do i begin. First of all, you must be the typical bb'er type that thinks he is gods gift to lifting and the weightroom. I bet you go around saying "hear ye! Hear ye, all bow down to me because I know all. I am omnipotent. Get real man. Look, You are pissing off people because you are trying to put words into people's mouths. No one ever said this was the best way to do anything. All that people said was that it is a VERY EFFECTICE way of adding LBM and maintain over the long haul. You need to understand that your body doesnt "NEED" a constant supply of anything. Have you ever wonder how much your body would thank you if you werent shoveling loads of protein down it all the time? You probably didnt think about that because you're doing what all the juiced up pro bb'ers are doing.You are the type that thinks that if you dont eat 40g protein every 2-3hrs that your body with start catabolizing its' muscles.Please show me where someone said that what they are doing is the "best". (please show me)How about reading something a guys named Wes Silveira posted on his forum (he is highly regarded as a great trainer and has trained some big time guys in the bb'ing world.Here are some of his quotes (and if you say he has no idea of what he is talking about, you sir have no clue)1) I am doing a diet that violates a very large percentage of my firm beliefs about dieting and especially about dieting for the weight trainee. My reasons for doing the diet will in no way be reflected by the average trainee. But here is my rational for doing the diet. 2) After 20+ years of force feeding myself, and 10 years prior to that of doing a "bodybuilding diet" albeit on "not enough food" I am quite frankly tired of eating so much. At 3 weeks away from my 47th birthday things slow down, but my metabolism is still fast...3) Charles Poliquin (yea, i'm sure he is really dumb btw) has some very wacky ideas on diet and training, but speaks highly or Ori Hofmekler and his dieting theories, and sometimes, the wacky ideas are just that--sometimes they are genious.4) I will say it is HIGHLY unlikely a competitive level physique could ever be built on this diet, but a lean athletic one could. (please make sure u read this twice)5) I am still getting 250-275 grams of protein on a non-training day, and about 300 grams on a training day. calories overall are 2600-2750 on a non-training day, and 3000-3200 on a training day--especially if it is an ice cream day. 6) Best of all zero bloat all day and I feel better than when on a keto. Energy levels and motivation are great--this is largely because the sympathetic nervous system is going full force on the undereating stage. (Read about the sympathetic n.s. )7) I eat 3 x on a non-workout day, and 4 x on a workout day. They are just very small meals with protein and veggies, or protein and berries.8) I have been on my modified version of the warrior diet since last October. Simply put, it blows every other diet I have ever done out of the water all things considered. And by that I mean quality of life, ease of diet, overall energy level, and gym performance. If I wanted to weigh 250 again, I would likely be dieting the way I have the guys I work with that are 200+ and trying to get to 250-270. LOTS of food, stay on the fat side (under 15-16%, but most of the year 12%+) and with the understanding that you are not going to look as good as possible year round9) I have about 50 people doing the diet now and feedback has been insanely positive. Increased energy, WAY more time in the day due to almost zero food prep time and eating time during the day. AWESOME gym performance, and body comp going the way they want at a very satisfying pace.10) Want a pro-bodybuilder physique? This isn't the diet, and you don't likely have the genetics anyway ** Is that enough for ya? But im sure you will scoff at all this and twist it like u seem to do.** hmmmm...And i bet you are one that uses whey protein too.......got ya thinking dont i? Im done.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What happens to people like me during fasting... go back 10,000 years, food is scarce and hard to come by. I wake up in my cave and there's no fuggin breakfast!! Just a pointed stick leaning against the cave wall. Fug I have to go out and get breakfast, this was the way we lived for thousands of years. The body made adjustments to be able to tax your reserves during times of fasting speeding up your metabolism to supply you energy. If you're lucky you will find game but it may take the better part of the day, 16 hours!! that's nothing!! We should be so lucky!! We find a kill a large pig or boar or whatever... we take it back to the cave and cook it. We are all starving some of us haven't eaten for a couple days, the competition for food in our world is fierce we have to gorge on that beast for all we are worth cuz we don't know when we get to eat again.

Do the math dudes our body acclimatized to this way of life cuz we lived it for 10's of thousands of years. Many of us still have very primitive metabolisms. After we get accustomed to fasting again everything falls into place...

I had a killer workout today where I was 14 hours fasted, I fuggin slayed it!! My non-fasted workouts don't compare but I work out later in the day then and don't always want to extend my fast that long. There really is no need as I have a lot to eat on workout days and 8 hours is short enough.

Yah small meals for me was a fuggin disaster in the off season!! I damn near had to kill myself to get lean for contests, now it's much easier and I preserve wayyyy more muscle. I don't think I will be giving it up any time soon, lol then I would be a moron to give up something that works this well for me. I am fuggin stoked!!

This is a great analogy of IF. I agree with everything you said here. I put myself through hell last year trying to lean out on a traditional 6 meal a day diet, only to lose a good amount of muscle in the process and ending up nowhere near as lean as I am now on IF. Not only have I been able to retain muscle while getting to 8%, but have added in a decent mount of LBM in the process. This has become my lifestyle, and I am in love with every facet of it. For the first time ever, I just may be carrying my six pack around all year whether I am bulking or cutting.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I will point out a great irony here in that so many people are using the Caveman analogy here, but also do not have the food selection from that era. How many using IF are also following Paleo principles?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I never bring up the caveman idea largely because we really don't know how they ate. There is plenty of scientific documentation showing its positive effects with delving into anthropology theories and the mistaken belief that what we evolved to eat is also what is optimal to eat.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I never bring up the caveman idea largely because we really don't know how they ate. There is plenty of scientific documentation showing its positive effects with delving into anthropology theories and the mistaken belief that what we evolved to eat is also what is optimal to eat.
    We can get a pretty clear picture of what was eaten (depending on the region).

I just find it annoying when people buffet their explanations. You can't use the Caveman analogy to support the idea of IF without also using the principles of food selections consistent with foods from the era.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I will point out a great irony here in that so many people are using the Caveman analogy here, but also do not have the food selection from that era. How many using IF are also following Paleo principles?
    Because how you eat is much more important than what you eat in this case!! Yah I still keep the macros that work best for me but paleo I don't necessarily follow because that can be improved upon. The eating style is what's important here. I mean it's been nothing short of miraculous and I prove that every day...
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

We can get a pretty clear picture of what was eaten (depending on the region).

I just find it annoying when people buffet their explanations. You can't use the Caveman analogy to support the idea of IF without also using the principles of food selections consistent with foods from the era.
    Oh yes you can and I will...again the style of eating and common sense...
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

I am, but then again I've always figured IF can work no matter what the diet. I would eat IF style if I was following a lot of different type of diets because I believe in the good things that come from fasting and it's a much more pleasing style of eating for me. I see no reason why one can't eat Paleo and do IF. I don't buy the notion that simply because I'm mainly eating Paleo I have to do EVERYTHING as the caveman did. I still use running water
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Because how you eat is much more important than what you eat in this case!! Yah I still keep the macros that work best for me but paleo I don't necessarily follow because that can be improved upon. The eating style is what's important here. I mean it's been nothing short of miraculous and I prove that every day...
    Define and qualify "improve upon."

Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    I am, but then again I've always figured IF can work no matter what the diet. I would eat IF style if I was following a lot of different type of diets because I believe in the good things that come from fasting and it's a much more pleasing style of eating for me. I see no reason why one can't eat Paleo and do IF. I don't buy the notion that simply because I'm mainly eating Paleo I have to do EVERYTHING as the caveman did. I still use running water
    Straw man much....
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Guys what really mifs me is other people trying to tell me how I should eat. I am not saying this diet works for everybody and never have. What I am saying is that it seems to work very well for people like me. I know that it words miraculously well for me and I will share that with others but in no way would I recommend it for others as a matter of fact there are many I would not recommend it for and have told many others not to employ it because I don't think it will work well for people with quicker metabolisms.

Rodia made a good point about what part of the world you are from making a difference. People from northern climates with shorter growing seasons are much more likely to have less evolved metabolisms. I mean think about it how long have we had certain food groups available year round. Maybe 3 generations, what's that compare to 10 of thousands of years.

Maybe we don't know exactly what cavemen ate but we know for a fact that food was not easy to come by and that we had to eat much like other carnivores... less frequently and that we would have had to gorge while there was food available. Competition for food would have been very high.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Straw man much....
    Wasn't trying to straw man, that was a joke...

But the point remains I don't think that simply because I eat Paleo I need to examine whether or not IF fits into "what the caveman" did. I don't get caught up in all that. Cavemen certainly weren't using supplements and I use all sorts of supplements. I like the idea behind Paleo. I like to eat low carb, I'm a big meat fan, and I think the more sugar/stuff outta a box we can avoid the better. I don't think it through to the point of flipping out about something like IF. If that means I'm not truly following Paleo then I'm not truly following Paleo. Doesn't matter a bit to me.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    Wasn't trying to straw man, that was a joke...

But the point remains I don't think that simply because I eat Paleo I need to examine whether or not IF fits into "what the caveman" did. I don't get caught up in all that. Cavemen certainly weren't using supplements and I use all sorts of supplements. I like the idea behind Paleo. I like to eat low carb, I'm a big meat fan, and I think the more sugar/stuff outta a box we can avoid the better. I don't think it through to the point of flipping out about something like IF. If that means I'm not truly following Paleo then I'm not truly following Paleo. Doesn't matter a bit to me.
    I am not a follower of IF. Personally, I don't have a consistent enough schedule to use it. My training times vary from 9AM to 3PM depending on the day and my schedule. Plus, I've trained fasted in the past and it is not fun for me. I have enough hypoglycemic bouts when I'm eating throughout the day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

I am not a follower of IF. Personally, I don't have a consistent enough schedule to use it. My training times vary from 9AM to 3PM depending on the day and my schedule. Plus, I've trained fasted in the past and it is not fun for me. I have enough hypoglycemic bouts when I'm eating throughout the day.
    I don't train fasted either other than fasted walks or some light fasted jogs perhaps. The few times I've done it I haven't had an issue, but generally I fast from 8 pm.-12 p.m. and train around 3 or 4 during the summer.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Again this is very personal but Paleo is very low carb is it not, I do better with around 25-30% carbs and not really well on very low carb diets. Very important to qualify that diet should be personal for the person using it. We are on a quest to find the right diet for us and we can always improve it as it is never going to be perfect. IF for me is just the best I have seen for me. (by a very large margin mind you). I still have some experimentation I can do but I am 10 weeks out of contest so I don't want to experiment too much right now. I do experiment with longer fasting periods though buy have not employed that on training days as 8 hours is already pretty short to get a lot of food in. As you go down on burn days it seems to be easier to use shorter periods but you have to stay nice and high on wd's to preserve mass, surprisingly high for me actually. I can eat about 500 to 600 cals more a day than on traditional diets and even do less cardio and still cut up very nicely... sure beats killing yourself to get lean. Bottom line is always be looking for ways to improve. I am not saying Paleo does not work for everybody but it is not great for me if the carbs are too low over longer periods...

Oh and I am assuming about the low carbs cuz I don't have a vast knowledge of Paleo and from what I have heard it's very low carb.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Not sure you would be a good candidate anyway. I mean if your body type is right for it you still train more extremely than most and for long periods if I am not mistaken. This may constitute more frequent nutrition. I love my fasted workouts but if they were much longer I am not sure I would. Not saying I wouldn't but it would be something I would have to experiment with if I was in that position. As a bodybuilder I believe in short intensive sessions for the most part.
  26. New Member

Paleo does not equal low carb
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I want to give IF another try because maybe I was just doing it wrong - I read the leangains stuff but I would be more interested in what people are actually doing. I might have to start a new thread to get input but what I would like to know just the cliffs from everyone who is doing to include just the following info, what time meals, how many calories or percent of daily calories each meal and what time training. I think that would give me a better idea of how to approach it.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Maybe... and this is a huge maybe... BUT DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!!!

I used the lean gains diet approach and did terrible on it. I actually lost muscle and looked worse, and yes I did it right. I do the traditional eat every 3 to 4 hours approach and I am fine and feel better, but that's me. A lot of you do fine on lean gains approach, but I didnt. Everyone is going to have results on different things. Example I eat one or two pieces of fruit a day I hold 5-7lb of water weight from it. My ex gf could eat fruit all day long and be totally fine. I don't see the point of this war between everything. All things work for each of us differently.
    ACSM-CPT
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RawStrength View Post
    Paleo does not equal low carb
    Correct. I follow Paleo principles, but actively reduce the amounts of carbs I get in. My body composition has ALWAYS responded better to low amounts of carbs. Then again part of it might be determinant on what someone means by "low" carb. If I REALLY was going to define what my eating is it would be a paleo style diet eaten with 16/8 principles with pre/peri/post workout carbs I have strength training friends who consume a ton more carbs on Paleo, and others who consume less than me.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Maybe... and this is a huge maybe... BUT DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!!!

I used the lean gains diet approach and did terrible on it. I actually lost muscle and looked worse, and yes I did it right. I do the traditional eat every 3 to 4 hours approach and I am fine and feel better, but that's me. A lot of you do fine on lean gains approach, but I didnt. Everyone is going to have results on different things. Example I eat one or two pieces of fruit a day I hold 5-7lb of water weight from it. My ex gf could eat fruit all day long and be totally fine. I don't see the point of this war between everything. All things work for each of us differently.
    I call total BS on the fruit thing. Even if there's 80g of carbs in them, which would be a huge piece of fruit, you'd hold a maximum of 320g from it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Im definitely not trying to say IF is the fix all for everyone, but it has kept my blood sugar more stable than eating small meals did. I used to get sick in the gym if I hadn't ate before working out, but its not an issue now. I can train totally fasted if I want and not get sick. I think it probably has a lot to do with whether or not your hypoglycemia is reactive or not.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

The more I read about nutrition and consult with dozens of different athletes competing in different realms, the more I become convinced that most make it all too complicated. If you're hungry, then eat until you're satisfied. If you're not hungry, then don't eat. There are some days when you will eat 7 meals a day and others where you only have 4 meals.
    Ding, ding, ding! lol. I personally use this method of eating. I used to do the 7-8 meals a day diet and it exhausted the living hell out of me. I crashed and burned everytime and would end up ping-ponging between, "I'm on track and got my meals dialed in!" and, "Damn, I've been missing meals left and right. I give up."

Now, I eat when I am hungry and I eat the meals in the proportion of macros that work for me. I still worry from time to time about gaining fat from eating a certain cheat meal or whatnot, but for the most part I haven't really done anything or ate anything that has made much of a negative impact on my body.

I really dig what I've been reading about the IF and I do believe in the method of eating multiple small meals as well. Like every intelligent person in this thread has said, do what works for you and to what helps you achieve YOUR goal. Coors, there's not really much need to be cursing at people and calling people names. We're all good people here. Let's keep our argument and debates civil.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Not sure you would be a good candidate anyway. I mean if your body type is right for it you still train more extremely than most and for long periods if I am not mistaken. This may constitute more frequent nutrition. I love my fasted workouts but if they were much longer I am not sure I would. Not saying I wouldn't but it would be something I would have to experiment with if I was in that position. As a bodybuilder I believe in short intensive sessions for the most part.
    Same here. I end up working out 50 minutes full body workouts, Mon/Weds/Fri and will do pushups and abs at home on Tuesday and Thursday and the weekends I am usually active. If I feel like it, I may do cardio on my in between days.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

To the OP... You're the reason why the world is becoming dumber and dumber. Pick up a book, do some research... Then start a thread you idiot. Either you are really dumb or you just want attention. I'm not going to read the 8 pages because i'm not going to waste my time... But for those that want to learn about intermittent fasting please sign up on Dat's forum and read all of his threads. You will thank me.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.

Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Tired of the drama in this thread lol.Who cares what diet people choose to follow? Ultimately they will find out if it works or doesn't. If it doesn't work they will move back to a traditional 6-8 meal a day protocol. The research cannot be neglected though.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Tired of the drama in this thread lol.Who cares what diet people choose to follow? Ultimately they will find out if it works or doesn't. If it doesn't work they will move back to a traditional 6-8 meal a day protocol. The research cannot be neglected though.
    Stake end tators > diets

Seriously, I agree. Unless there's some new evidence on which diet works for ME, I am going back to preparing for my noon feast!
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Stake end tators > diets

Seriously, I agree. Unless there's some new evidence on which diet works for ME, I am going back to preparing for my noon feast!
    Ill be feasting at 11:00
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Ill be feasting at 11:00
    I like the anticipation
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dosing Natadrol on a intermitt fasting diet
    By donbx in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM
  2. Are you kidding me??? (More synthol morons)
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
  3. Velocity diet vs Intermittent/Alternating Day Fasting
    By EasyEJL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
  4. Morons paid the price
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
  5. Fasting