The fasting diet is for morons!!!

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The more I read about nutrition and consult with dozens of different athletes competing in different realms, the more I become convinced that most make it all too complicated. If you're hungry, then eat until you're satisfied. If you're not hungry, then don't eat. There are some days when you will eat 7 meals a day and others where you only have 4 meals.
    Rodja... Bro, I think that is just a little too simple! You are correct with that philosophy, but here is the trouble with it, food cravings can imitate hunger, then you eat more than you need to and/or should and look like me when I'm off my diet vs. looking like me when I have been dieting.
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

LoL i just looked at all the threads coorslite has started. This guy is certainly entertaining.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

A Little Comic Relief...
    www.finaflex.com
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Rodja... Bro, I think that is just a little too simple! You are correct with that philosophy, but here is the trouble with it, food cravings can imitate hunger, then you eat more than you need to and/or should and look like me when I'm off my diet vs. looking like me when I have been dieting.
    Food selection is different from number of feedings. Plus, if you've gotten to the point of massive food cravings, then you've waited too long to eat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I've bulked on IF, I actually find it hard to restrain myself on calories in my 8 hour window. Easy to bust 4K calories. Like right now, I could totally go for a bowl of sludge, but I'm going to restrain myself since my calories are already pretty high for the day, and I only started eating 3 hours ago.

It's all about what works for you. I think IF is best for restraining the amount of time you have to eat like a lard ass (if you're prone to that). If you have to spread your meals through the day to get the calories you need, then do it that way. If you need restraint, then IF might be good. It's probably helped me stay leaner on my bulk than I normally would, but even now I'm trending higher on my intake.

All the information points to nitrogen (protein) and calorie balance over 24hrs being the key factor in gaining/losing, regardless of fasting or not. The biggest factor in timing is post workout nutrition as that's the only time your body favorably partitions food to your muscles. Otherwise, any time seems to be as good as another.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Food selection is different from number of feedings. Plus, if you've gotten to the point of massive food cravings, then you've waited too long to eat.
    I know what you are saying, but I'm talking about not being hungry, smelling popcorn and craving it so bad your stomach growls kind of thing, get what I'm saying, same thing if you see a really favorite food, you crave it so bad that you feel hungry, so I agree with you, just making the point of... "Easier said than done!"
    www.finaflex.com
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    Seems to me 90% of you guys ranting and raving over this diet are under 200 lbs, I'm not knocking you for that, all I'm saying is where are the guys with a ton of lean muscle and low bodyfat talking about this diet? And please shut up about all of this ancestor bull****, our ancestors were also a lot smaller and died a lot younger. For every retard who shouts about ancestors I could show you a bodybuilder who eats a ton of oats, grits, and white potatoes and eats all day. Most of the people I trained in the past had one thing in common, they did not eat during the first half of the day, AND THEY WERE FATTER THAN ****!!! I had to get them to start eating breakfast to see some real changes. All this crap is so nit picky blown out of proportion its beyond retarded. "Insulin sensitivity this, release GH that, 80 grams of this, 30 grams of that" Think about what your saying to yourselves "Its much more convenient and easier for me" so now the truth comes out, bodybuilding is work!!
    Need I list members who compete that are on it:
    DreamWeaver - 51 y/o and in better shape then you...
    MrKleen73 - 210 pounds and 6% BF at 5'8"
    Me - 212 pounds though I am not as muscular as you
    Rick -
    I can keep going.

I think the 6 meal a day diet is complete crap, there is no science to support it but it works for people so why knock it? I am a meso/endo and I gain weight just looking at food and struggle to lose fat. I do lean gains, do very little cardio, add muscle or at the very least lose none, cut up consistently since I started, eat carbs and set PRs with an average caloric intake a week of many 2300 calories. I take no AAS/DS at the moment and think that says a lot about the diet considering I do about 1 cardio workout a week. Is it right for everyone, no. Does it take adjusting to, most definitely. Are you an ass for being so narrow minded, that is without question. Not everyone wants to be 5'8" and 240, if I was equivalent at my height I would be 260 and have every single employee on my ass at my company about taking steroids. Think outside your world for a second and realize you are not always right, there are many ways to skin a cat and you are perpetuating the stereotype of a user of AAS with your attitude. Please don't, I don't when I am on so why do you have to be that guy?
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I know what you are saying, but I'm talking about not being hungry, smelling popcorn and craving it so bad your stomach growls kind of thing, get what I'm saying, same thing if you see a really favorite food, you crave it so bad that you feel hungry, so I agree with you, just making the point of... "Easier said than done!"
    All diet discipline is "easier said than done."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    You mean you eat your meals normally at just random times with random amounts of time between them?
    Pretty much.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Hey Coors... This guy doesn't think that Lean Gains & IF is worth a damn either, LoL
    www.finaflex.com
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

All diet discipline is "easier said than done."
    AGREED!!!
    www.finaflex.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

The odd thing is that in my experience (and in many others experience) food cravings actually diminishes on IF. Many people who have done 16/8 report the feeling that they aren't as hungry as they used to be. In my experience I'm hungry much more often when I eat throughout the day than I am when doing IF. It doesn't sound like it makes any sense at all, but that is my experience.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Hey Coors... This guy doesn't think that Lean Gains & IF is worth a damn either, LoL

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA, oh ****.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Ok, wow, where do i begin. First of all, you must be the typical bb'er type that thinks he is gods gift to lifting and the weightroom. I bet you go around saying "hear ye! Hear ye, all bow down to me because I know all. I am omnipotent. Get real man. Look, You are pissing off people because you are trying to put words into people's mouths.

No one ever said this was the best way to do anything. All that people said was that it is a VERY EFFECTICE way of adding LBM and maintain over the long haul. You need to understand that your body doesnt "NEED" a constant supply of anything. Have you ever wonder how much your body would thank you if you werent shoveling loads of protein down it all the time? You probably didnt think about that because you're doing what all the juiced up pro bb'ers are doing.

You are the type that thinks that if you dont eat 40g protein every 2-3hrs that your body with start catabolizing its' muscles.

Please show me where someone said that what they are doing is the "best". (please show me)

How about reading something a guys named Wes Silveira posted on his forum (he is highly regarded as a great trainer and has trained some big time guys in the bb'ing world.

Here are some of his quotes (and if you say he has no idea of what he is talking about, you sir have no clue)

1) I am doing a diet that violates a very large percentage of my firm beliefs about dieting and especially about dieting for the weight trainee. My reasons for doing the diet will in no way be reflected by the average trainee. But here is my rational for doing the diet.

2) After 20+ years of force feeding myself, and 10 years prior to that of doing a "bodybuilding diet" albeit on "not enough food" I am quite frankly tired of eating so much. At 3 weeks away from my 47th birthday things slow down, but my metabolism is still fast...

3) Charles Poliquin (yea, i'm sure he is really dumb btw) has some very wacky ideas on diet and training, but speaks highly or Ori Hofmekler and his dieting theories, and sometimes, the wacky ideas are just that--sometimes they are genious.

4) I will say it is HIGHLY unlikely a competitive level physique could ever be built on this diet, but a lean athletic one could. (please make sure u read this twice)

5) I am still getting 250-275 grams of protein on a non-training day, and about 300 grams on a training day. calories overall are 2600-2750 on a non-training day, and 3000-3200 on a training day--especially if it is an ice cream day.

6) Best of all zero bloat all day and I feel better than when on a keto. Energy levels and motivation are great--this is largely because the sympathetic nervous system is going full force on the undereating stage. (Read about the sympathetic n.s. )

7) I eat 3 x on a non-workout day, and 4 x on a workout day. They are just very small meals with protein and veggies, or protein and berries.

8) I have been on my modified version of the warrior diet since last October. Simply put, it blows every other diet I have ever done out of the water all things considered. And by that I mean quality of life, ease of diet, overall energy level, and gym performance. If I wanted to weigh 250 again, I would likely be dieting the way I have the guys I work with that are 200+ and trying to get to 250-270. LOTS of food, stay on the fat side (under 15-16%, but most of the year 12%+) and with the understanding that you are not going to look as good as possible year round

9) I have about 50 people doing the diet now and feedback has been insanely positive. Increased energy, WAY more time in the day due to almost zero food prep time and eating time during the day. AWESOME gym performance, and body comp going the way they want at a very satisfying pace.

10) Want a pro-bodybuilder physique? This isn't the diet, and you don't likely have the genetics anyway

** Is that enough for ya? But im sure you will scoff at all this and twist it like u seem to do.

** hmmmm...And i bet you are one that uses whey protein too.......got ya thinking dont i?

Im done.

I dont personal attack **** unless someone comes at me thinking they are Arnold Schwarzenegger. Guys, seriously, quit telling yourself this method of dieting is better than giving yourself a consistent feed of nutrients and protein. All jokes aside, you guys work out hard, do cardio, burn calories. Why are you fasting like this? Its flat out stupid. Dudes have been making lean gains and getting in single digit bodyfat for years and years, its nothing new. All you need to do is eat clean and adjust your calories to fall within the right range. As for making any gains on a fast, everyone likes to think that what they are doing is the best but anyone who has ever made serious gains has fueled their body with lots of food and nutrients-more than they burn. "When I started this I got headaches" some say. Well dumbasses, that is nature telling you something, eat!! Why would you go 16 hrs straight with no food in your system, its a frikken recipe for disaster!! As for the natural guys, all power to ya, I respect that. But there comes a point when your body either has the right amount of chemicals to keep growing or it does not, period. All of these little tricks up your sleeve you think you have are smoke up your asses. I'm done with this bull****, keep listening to all of these talking parrots and "rep power" frikken joke. I'm done, ok you win, stay small retards
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    Man this ****'s confusing. 16 hour fasting then in 8 hours your supposed to consume alot of calories, excuse me for sounding air-headed but i've never been good with a scheduled type diet.
    It's really not that confusing. You just eat as you normally would but in an 8 hour time window. For a lot of people that's around 3 meals, maybe some snacks, who knows.

My setup is this: I stop eating at 8 p.m., usually going to bed at 10 so I "fast" for two hours before bed. Then I sleep from 7-8 (it's the summer now so I'm a little more scattered than when I'm working full time). Then it's just a matter of not eating until noon. I just don't eat from 8 p.m. until noon the next day. I'm really only awake for approximately 6 of those hours anyways.

Then from noon-8 I eat as I "normally" would. Most of my meals average around 700 calories, and I get in some snacks/whey protein as well. It's not nearly as complicated as some people make it sound.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    Then from noon-8 I eat as I "normally" would. Most of my meals average around 700 calories, and I get in some snacks/whey protein as well. It's not nearly as complicated as some people make it sound.
    I have a very intricate algorithm for determining my food and eating on IF. At noon I start eating, at 8PM I stop. Why do these things have to be so dificult!?!?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

i lift things up i put them down... coors do you have a BB.com membership by any chance?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I have a very intricate algorithm for determining my food and eating on IF. At noon I start eating, at 8PM I stop. Why do these things have to be so dificult!?!?
    I also get the feeling like some people freak out about the 8 hours thing like it's not enough time to eat. "I only have 8 hours that I'm allowed to eat! I don't know if I have time to eat!" Lol.

And maybe it's just me but I get a lot more satiety out of 3 800 calorie meals than I would 6 400 calorie meals (2400 calorie diet picked specifically because I don't want to do math).
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

This thread shows definitive proof that there are many supporters of IF. Just the fact that there ate so many adopting this lifestyle speaks loudly about its effectiveness. It may not be for everyone, but it has been for countless amounts of people and its spreading daily like wildfire.

If its one of those things that doesn't do it for you, then don't do it. But certainly don't knock others for doing so.

For me, I will stick with IF and I don't see a time that I will come off of it in my future. I am enjoying being the leanest I have ever been while adding in LBM at the same time. All while eating Pizza, burgers, tacos, fried chicken and whatever else

Like many, I am getting the best of both worlds and having my cake and eating it too. Doesn't sound like any fun does it?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    This thread shows definitive proof that there are many supporters of IF. Just the fact that there ate so many adopting this lifestyle speaks loudly about its effectiveness. It may not be for everyone, but it has been for countless amounts of people and its spreading daily like wildfire.

If its one of those things that doesn't do it for you, then don't do it. But certainly don't knock others for doing so.

For me, I will stick with IF and I don't see a time that I will come off of it in my future. I am enjoying being the leanest I have ever been while adding in LBM at the same time. All while eating Pizza, burgers, tacos, fried chicken and whatever else

Like many, I am getting the best of both worlds and having my cake and eating it too. Doesn't sound like any fun does it?
    Preach on brother Rick!!!!!!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

www.finaflex.com
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Hey Coors if I do Lean Gains will I look pathetic like this guy???
    www.finaflex.com
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

This is the same guy who started a thread 12 reasons why low carb diets suck or something spouting off tons of inaccurate opinions. He is some sort of dietary bigot. If not his diet it can't possibly work.

Seems you just hate anything that isn't what you are doing. Calling everyone using an intermittent fasting protocol a moron is unnecessary and intentionally inflammatory. Same as your dig at low carb diets. Seems like any time someone doesn't share your diet plan you take it as a personal affront and attack to what you do. Then you attack that group or way of dieting. Yeah body building is work. Eating does not have to be. You do it your way and enjoy it. Just have a little more class and leave people doing something differently than you with OBVIOUS success alone. Calling everyone morons when half of what you say has no backing and none of it is based off of science is ironic to say the least.

Didn't read any further than post 19, no need to. lol. Post #2 and #14 did all the debating anyone needs to. Anyone following an IF type diet should simply unsubscribe from the thread. He is not looking for debate. He is baiting you all into this argument and enjoying the frenzy that follows. Unsubbed...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  24. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I'm staying subbed because I'm lonely...
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

I'm staying SUB'd because I enjoy the CHAOS!!!
    www.finaflex.com
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I'm staying SUB'd because I enjoy the CHAOS!!!
    I AM STAYING SUBBED BECAUSE IM FREAKIN STARVING.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

^^^ I rest my case. He may not be jacked like Ronnie Coleman but IMO 9/10 guys would rather look like that than someone on the Olympia stage.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

im staying subbed because i love seeing people who post ridiculous opinions get proved wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  29. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    im staying subbed because i love seeing people who post ridiculous opinions get proved wrong
    Bears eat beets. Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

I know for a fact that when i started eating breakfast in the morning i never use to and didn't really clean up my diet alot i started losing weight.
    My parents don't eat until 2pm or so then around 6pm no breakfast or snacks and they are overweight.
    Im eating about 6x a day and losing fat.Its all about cals and types of food PERIOD!If you get off on starving yourself good for you.Now if you's don't mind think i'll eat again!!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

No offense, but didn't you make an identical thread to this one about high fat diets only to recant your statement after having tried it out?

From what it appears, this does seem to be a really great diet for the average, natural bb to follow for fat loss or lean bulking. I will say though that the diet is ass for AAS users since your MPS is consistently high due to the high levels of anabolics, so it is definitely suboptimal to only feed for 8 hours on AAS as, guess what, you only grow for those 8 hours with a little residual growth thereafter from the very minimal protein that's still digesting.

Personally, I don't do any AAS, but I can't stand this diet because it makes my stomach feel very stuffed and distended, so I stick with my 5-6 meals/day.
  32. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    I know for a fact that when i started eating breakfast in the morning i never use to and didn't really clean up my diet alot i started losing weight.
    My parents don't eat until 2pm or so then around 6pm no breakfast or snacks and they are overweight.
    Im eating about 6x a day and losing fat.Its all about cals and types of food PERIOD!If you get off on starving yourself good for you.Now if you's don't mind think i'll eat again!!
    cleaning up your diet a little can have big impact, and if you started off pretty fat eating breakfast could have helped motivate you to be more active.

and anyone can eat more calories than they burn, whether they eat 2 meals a day or 8, and whether its in 4 hours or 16
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  33. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Bears eat beets. Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica
    Perfect logic!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.

I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.
  35. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really is.
    You are making a lot of generalized statements based on no actual experience.

You have a very impressive physique, but there is no saying you could not have gotten into that condition, or built/maintained that, implementing these principles.

I must admit a year ago I might have had similar views, albeit I would have stated them in a more tactful manner. However after trying it myself, as I am always willing to experiment, and try new things I can say the results are surprising. I have dieted down, every which way, worked with some of the top nutritionists/prep guys, and I can say I am in my best shape now, and holding onto mass/strength as good as ever, and actually am stronger then ever WHILE dieting.

Bottom line is there are MANY ways from point A-B. Aceto, Palumbo, Starnes, Skip, etc all get people peeled, and have VERY different approaches. I remember when some of their methods were looked at as "outlandish" and now they seem more common place.

It is all a matter of perspective. Just because you believe it is stupid, or not the best way, doesn't make it so. Like I said, a year ago, I would have probably said the same.

IF you have an opinion on it, fine. But approach it with a little respect. This whole "I am big, so I know best" or "I am bigger then you which means I know more" attitude is weak my man.

One thing I have learned in this game is to be a little open minded. There are MANY things I try for myself, for no other reason then to experiment. If for nothing else, I know the ins-and outs of this diet, and can make it work, and work well for someone else that it may fit the bill for.
  36. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Well, at least we can agree on the scientifically proven fact that anyone saying you need to get 2g of protein per pound to grow is a moron :-)
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  37. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

In regards to what Imprezivr6 said, in long conversations with Hugo Rivera (who has a really spectacular physique) one of the things I really learned to respect in him was his openness to try things. He did plenty of stupid dietary attempts, and regardless of what he thought or what results he got short term, he stuck with them for the 4,6,8 weeks he had planned, to get a more objective look at how it affected his physique and training. The best story easyejl when he tried doing an as close to zero fat intake as possible. By the end of the second week he started having some skin issues. By the end of the third he easyejl seeing hair shedding. By the end of the fourth, his fingernails were getting brittle and cracking. But he meticulously followed the plan, and logged every meal precisely, bodyweight, bodyfat, etc.
    This space for rent

38. Registered User

I'd also like to add, my results came from my fat depletion, moderate to high carb approach. My chest lags though, I def need more chest and arms. I need to bring the arms up about 1-2" there. Abs ok, but would like smaller waistline, I think it was like 34" there.

As for the comments about me being someone who thinks I need 50 grams of protein exactly every 2 hrs, nope. I think protien intake way overrated and you can get by on less than 1 gram/lb of bodyweight as carbs are protein sparing. Guys, I apologize for calling you morons. But we are all very physically active, to go 16 hrs without food is just stupid IMO. The one thing I've noticed many of your responses have in common is "I still eat pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream" This does not sound like someone working hard towards their goals, it sounds like the typical diet some lazy fatass would do to try and get fast results. Yes, I do bring my cooler with me a lot of the time, and I'd like to think the results show for it. I didnt post my photo because I think I'm the **** or anything special, I have a long way to go still. But please understand that being physically impressive is all relative. For the guys getting results doing what they are doing , great!! But if you ever get to the point where you question why the hell your stuffing thousands of calories in an 8 hr window and your bloated as hell, shortly after starving urself all day and feeling like garbage during that time frame, well maybe you'll finally realize how stupid, irrational, and mind boggling your new scientific approach really

is.
    I mentioned that i ate fried chicken and pizza and still leaned out. Its my fault you got the wrong idea. I've done alot of strict dieting in the past, so i found it extra refreshing to be able to be more lax and still get as good/better [ than a regular frequent meal scheme) results which created the environment for easy adherence and even enjoyment. i feel like i can stay on this diet indefinitely. and i am not the only one. i don't feel like im restricting myself even on my fast day ( I do alternate day fasting now ). I did not feel like i could stay on UD 2.0 for forever. several weeks of back to back depletion days + 1300 cals/d SUCKS. but the diet works.

Aside from the fact that I like IF because i get better results than typical diets + its foolproof. I don't count have to go through trial and error figuring out optimal amounts of calories to slowly lose fat and maintain muscle - THAT IS SLOWW. its very simple : eat ALOT one day, eat almost nothing the next day. i lose fat one day, and gain muscle on the other day. I don't eat icecream or go too crazy on the cals, but it's really hard to mess the diet up.

Your argument that 6 meals a day is better is the equivalent of saying '' yall are lazy cause you drive your car to work. I WALK cause THAT takes discipline.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

So within an 8 hr time frame your cramming in around 2-3000 calories? Yea, ok, good luck with that. Sure your getting leaner, catabolic wise too!!!

And yes, I carry my meals with me to work and some other places I go, its called discipline.
    But apparently not disciplined enough to read all of the posted studies that are contrary to your belief that prove its effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    quick question....if u say ur insulin sensitivity is messed up if you get hungry every 3 hours or so, how do you correct it? cuz thats how I am and thats why I am reluctant to try lean gains because i hate starving lol, i love hte idea of the huge PWO meals and what not but not starving, I need to be ale to focus at school this upcomin semester
    You get used to it after awhile. It took me a couple weeks to even be able to eat that much for my first meal and to get over the moments of intense hunger while in the longer stretches of the fasting period. It gets better and easier as it goes though. I'm in school too and it actually helps me fast because I'm not as tempted to eat when I'm away from the house and busy doing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    Man this ****'s confusing. 16 hour fasting then in 8 hours your supposed to consume alot of calories, excuse me for sounding air-headed but i've never been good with a scheduled type diet.
    It doesn't have to be exactly 16 hours, that was just the optimal time but you can adjust it to meet your own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I'm not talking about pros. Average bodybuilders including natties have yet to accept this diet in the competitive realm of amateur bodybuilding.
    I never even brought up cutler.
    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Need I list members who compete that are on it:
    DreamWeaver - 51 y/o and in better shape then you...
    MrKleen73 - 210 pounds and 6% BF at 5'8"
    Me - 212 pounds though I am not as muscular as you
    Rick -
    I can keep going.

I'm another one. I did this diet for my last competition and all the judges (that remembered me) said that my conditioning was better this time then in my previous competition.

It works. It still takes discipline but it also adds a sense of leniency in dieting food selection. You still needs attention to macro's for optimal results, it's not a free-for-all pig out but I have come to love how this diet is effective and dynamic. I have lost NO strength and have actually hit a couple PR's on this diet in the last few months. My only suggestion I would have is to put it to the test. Read up on the science behind it and then try it for yourself.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    quick question....if u say ur insulin sensitivity is messed up if you get hungry every 3 hours or so, how do you correct it? cuz thats how I am and thats why I am reluctant to try lean gains because i hate starving lol, i love hte idea of the huge PWO meals and what not but not starving, I need to be ale to focus at school this upcomin semester
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here, but it sounds like you are possibly hypoglycemic??? Most hypoglycemia is reactive hypo. Your blood sugar is fine on it's own, it's when you start introducing food to your system that you run into a problem. My glucose levels are steady on IF (moreso than ever), and I also experienced some additional benefits, like the complete dissappearance of psoriosis. To be clear I'm not reccomending IF as a cure for insulin related problems, just sharing my results. It's worth it to try it out and monitor yourself...you may be surprised.

As far as "starving", the first couple days are tough but ghrelin levels decrease after the initial first day or two and things start getting a bit easier. Stims can help also, but the biggest motivator will be the result you see.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dosing Natadrol on a intermitt fasting diet
    By donbx in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM
  2. Are you kidding me??? (More synthol morons)
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
  3. Velocity diet vs Intermittent/Alternating Day Fasting
    By EasyEJL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
  4. Morons paid the price
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
  5. Fasting