The fasting diet is for morons!!!

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with IF... I do know it didnt work for me. with the exact same caloric intake (and I tried eating the exact same foods) I started to gain weight doing IF... as soon as I went back to regular eating schedule I was back to normal..

dont know how to explain it and any response of that I was taking in more caloris is just not true. same EXACT foods, same EXACT amounts.

But if IF works for you, no reason NOT to do it. I actually was a huge fan of it, I loved the eating schedule... just wish I didnt start getting pudgy while doing it.
    Reps for what is probably the most helpful post in this thread.

The science works on paper, it doesn't work for all. As Royd said it is a different way to skin a cat so to speak.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    I wasn't trying to say we didn't have guys that competed, but comparing what Jay Cutler does with the majority of the users on here isn't really wise. The vast majority of users on here would be on much less than Cutler, not have a dietician, not have training be their only job, etc. I was just pointing out that the "Mr. Olympia doesn't do IF" argument doesn't hold a lot of water.
    I'm not talking about pros. Average bodybuilders including natties have yet to accept this diet in the competitive realm of amateur bodybuilding.
    I never even brought up cutler.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    WTF is this crap I've been reading about a fasting diet? Ummm....WHY? Please give me one good reason this stupid diet would work better than a well balanced diet, I'm all ears. Why would anybody go 6-8 hrs sleeping, just to wake up and go another 6-8 hrs starving? And then cram in too many calories in a shorter time frame, making damn near impossible to even get the nutrients you'd need throughout the day!! BREAKFAST, BREAK- FAST, your boosting your metabolism by breaking the fast when you wake up and eat, why in Gods name would anybody follow this lame ass diet!! When it comes to diets and fat loss who other than bodybuilders know best? Nobody!! If you asked almost any competitive bodybuilder how he ate to get real lean, I seriously doubt "Fasting diet" would come out of their mouths.
    Yet again another uneducated complaint from Coors.....when are you gonna learn how things work around here?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I'm not talking about pros. Average bodybuilders including natties have yet to accept this diet in the competitive realm of amateur bodybuilding.
    and before columbus returned from the new world, nobody was willing to accept that the world wasn't flat and that he wouldn't sail off the edge.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Ok now I see what you're saying, but I really don't think it matters. You said yourself Berkhan has had people competing do this. And no one has a consensus anyways. Natural bodybuilders consume different amounts of carbs, fats, and proteins. They train different ways from each other. They use different supplements. Some of them train body parts multiple times a week, some just one. Why do we need them to "accept" this?

I see a lot of people do things in their logs on here I would never do, yet it works for them. They've seen results from it. I do things a lot of other people don't do. I'm just not sure why a majority of natural bodybuilders NOT doing this diet means it doesn't work. Everyone who's been around the exercise game knows one size fits all doesn't work for anything. We disagree on how much to eat, how much cardio to do, how often to lift, what to take, etc. Personally I think this being "accepted" by the bodybuilding community is irrelevant.

The bottom line is IF works for many people on here. It works for me. Do I think you have to do IF for success? Of course not. The things Coors talks about are simply not backed up by any research. He's just claiming stuff like "it's catabolic." It doesn't really add anything to the discussion.
    •   

6. This guy puts my ignorance/stubbornness to shame...... coors, don't knock it till you try it...

7. Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    Ok now I see what you're saying, but I really don't think it matters. You said yourself Berkhan has had people competing do this. And no one has a consensus anyways. Natural bodybuilders consume different amounts of carbs, fats, and proteins. They train different ways from each other. They use different supplements. Some of them train body parts multiple times a week, some just one. Why do we need them to "accept" this?

I see a lot of people do things in their logs on here I would never do, yet it works for them. They've seen results from it. I do things a lot of other people don't do. I'm just not sure why a majority of natural bodybuilders NOT doing this diet means it doesn't work. Everyone who's been around the exercise game knows one size fits all doesn't work for anything. We disagree on how much to eat, how much cardio to do, how often to lift, what to take, etc. Personally I think this being "accepted" by the bodybuilding community is irrelevant.

The bottom line is IF works for many people on here. It works for me. Do I think you have to do IF for success? Of course not. The things Coors talks about are simply not backed up by any research. He's just claiming stuff like "it's catabolic." It doesn't really add anything to the discussion.
    I agree. It does work. I was simply trying to relay what i believe his perspective is in a more reasonable way.
    ForeRunner Labs

8. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I agree. It does work. I was simply trying to relay what i believe his perspective is in a more reasonable way.
    The problem is you can't really discuss things when people speak in absolutes. He has been making a lot of claims that just aren't backed up by any science. I don't think IF is the be all end all to dieting, but one can't just simply talk about all the negatives of it and not have anything to back it up. He hasn't used research to back up anything he has said and he can't use personal experience because he hasn't tried IF. Basically everything he has said has been a waste of time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    I dont personal attack **** unless someone comes at me thinking they are Arnold Schwarzenegger. Guys, seriously, quit telling yourself this method of dieting is better than giving yourself a consistent feed of nutrients and protein. All jokes aside, you guys work out hard, do cardio, burn calories. Why are you fasting like this? Its flat out stupid. Dudes have been making lean gains and getting in single digit bodyfat for years and years, its nothing new. All you need to do is eat clean and adjust your calories to fall within the right range. As for making any gains on a fast, everyone likes to think that what they are doing is the best but anyone who has ever made serious gains has fueled their body with lots of food and nutrients-more than they burn. "When I started this I got headaches" some say. Well dumbasses, that is nature telling you something, eat!! Why would you go 16 hrs straight with no food in your system, its a frikken recipe for disaster!! As for the natural guys, all power to ya, I respect that. But there comes a point when your body either has the right amount of chemicals to keep growing or it does not, period. All of these little tricks up your sleeve you think you have are smoke up your asses. I'm done with this bull****, keep listening to all of these talking parrots and "rep power" frikken joke. I'm done, ok you win, stay small retards
    Have you even begun to review the studies and scientific backing which advocate the lean gains approach? You have absolutely no basis for your argument and you proclaim we are retards. Seriously, you may be big but you need to grow up in some other areas aside from muscle. Try reading something to educate yourself and then get back to us.

10. Only Sith's speak in absolutes

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    Only Sith's speak in absolutes
    Jedi Mind tricks will not work on Coors. The darkside is strong in this one. Angry he is.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

12. Plenty of proof here EPI/V, PCT Revolution Black Contest Prep!! Watch an Old Fugger Cheat Time!!!

Lean gains is the single most significant advancement in dieting stategy I have seen for endo types in 25 years. It is more effective that any supp or diet plan I have ever seen. As a matter of fact eating small meals for a person like myself is for morons. I was a moron for 25 years and am no more. I have been able to get leaner and bigger than I have ever been in my entire life and will prove my worth and it's worth on stage.

All that being said I really don't feel that it would be effective for ecto types, at least I don't see how it would.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

13. I am an ecto in everything except that i do not have anywhere near a rocket fast metabolism. Always been skinny fat. And i cna be honest the onyl thing that got me really leaned out and firming up in LG/IF. It was the same as going form a 4 day split setup to a 3 day full body format for me. Bam it just worked again thats just my experience, YMMV

14. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    Seems to me 90% of you guys ranting and raving over this diet are under 200 lbs, I'm not knocking you for that, all I'm saying is where are the guys with a ton of lean muscle and low bodyfat talking about this diet? And please shut up about all of this ancestor bull****, our ancestors were also a lot smaller and died a lot younger. For every retard who shouts about ancestors I could show you a bodybuilder who eats a ton of oats, grits, and white potatoes and eats all day. Most of the people I trained in the past had one thing in common, they did not eat during the first half of the day, AND THEY WERE FATTER THAN ****!!! I had to get them to start eating breakfast to see some real changes. All this crap is so nit picky blown out of proportion its beyond retarded. "Insulin sensitivity this, release GH that, 80 grams of this, 30 grams of that" Think about what your saying to yourselves "Its much more convenient and easier for me" so now the truth comes out, bodybuilding is work!!
    Yo.. Coors, I get what you are saying, I kind of think you went at this in a little overly aggressive fashion, but I get your point. All I am going to say about it is that most of the guys doing this diet are not looking to become mass monsters like that of a professional bodybuilder! Most of the guys doing this diet are not on the thousands and thousands of dollars in gear either. So I am saying I do agree with you, to look like a professional bodybuilder and be 250+Lbs of shredded muscle, it probably would be hard to consume all those calories in an 8hr window, but I don't think that is the goal of most of these guys. This is just my opinion, just trying to put it in perspective, not trying to ruffle any feathers or get into a pissing contest with anyone!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

15. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    and before columbus returned from the new world, nobody was willing to accept that the world wasn't flat and that he wouldn't sail off the edge.
    True as the sky is Blue.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

16. Man this ****'s confusing. 16 hour fasting then in 8 hours your supposed to consume alot of calories, excuse me for sounding air-headed but i've never been good with a scheduled type diet.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

17. Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    Man this ****'s confusing. 16 hour fasting then in 8 hours your supposed to consume alot of calories, excuse me for sounding air-headed but i've never been good with a scheduled type diet.
    Same here man, but there is a new time and season for everything.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

18. Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    Man this ****'s confusing. 16 hour fasting then in 8 hours your supposed to consume alot of calories, excuse me for sounding air-headed but i've never been good with a scheduled type diet.
    Well, there really isn't any other sort of diet. time is just another property like total calories and macro split. You mean you eat your meals normally at just random times with random amounts of time between them?

19. The more I read about nutrition and consult with dozens of different athletes competing in different realms, the more I become convinced that most make it all too complicated. If you're hungry, then eat until you're satisfied. If you're not hungry, then don't eat. There are some days when you will eat 7 meals a day and others where you only have 4 meals.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Many people would say Coors Light is for morons...

Different strokes for different folks.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

21. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The more I read about nutrition and consult with dozens of different athletes competing in different realms, the more I become convinced that most make it all too complicated. If you're hungry, then eat until you're satisfied. If you're not hungry, then don't eat. There are some days when you will eat 7 meals a day and others where you only have 4 meals.
    Rodja... Bro, I think that is just a little too simple! You are correct with that philosophy, but here is the trouble with it, food cravings can imitate hunger, then you eat more than you need to and/or should and look like me when I'm off my diet vs. looking like me when I have been dieting.
    www.finaflex.com

22. LoL i just looked at all the threads coorslite has started. This guy is certainly entertaining.
    ForeRunner Labs

23. A Little Comic Relief...
    www.finaflex.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Rodja... Bro, I think that is just a little too simple! You are correct with that philosophy, but here is the trouble with it, food cravings can imitate hunger, then you eat more than you need to and/or should and look like me when I'm off my diet vs. looking like me when I have been dieting.
    Food selection is different from number of feedings. Plus, if you've gotten to the point of massive food cravings, then you've waited too long to eat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. I've bulked on IF, I actually find it hard to restrain myself on calories in my 8 hour window. Easy to bust 4K calories. Like right now, I could totally go for a bowl of sludge, but I'm going to restrain myself since my calories are already pretty high for the day, and I only started eating 3 hours ago.

It's all about what works for you. I think IF is best for restraining the amount of time you have to eat like a lard ass (if you're prone to that). If you have to spread your meals through the day to get the calories you need, then do it that way. If you need restraint, then IF might be good. It's probably helped me stay leaner on my bulk than I normally would, but even now I'm trending higher on my intake.

All the information points to nitrogen (protein) and calorie balance over 24hrs being the key factor in gaining/losing, regardless of fasting or not. The biggest factor in timing is post workout nutrition as that's the only time your body favorably partitions food to your muscles. Otherwise, any time seems to be as good as another.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

26. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Food selection is different from number of feedings. Plus, if you've gotten to the point of massive food cravings, then you've waited too long to eat.
    I know what you are saying, but I'm talking about not being hungry, smelling popcorn and craving it so bad your stomach growls kind of thing, get what I'm saying, same thing if you see a really favorite food, you crave it so bad that you feel hungry, so I agree with you, just making the point of... "Easier said than done!"
    www.finaflex.com

27. Quote Originally Posted by CoorsLight126 View Post
    Seems to me 90% of you guys ranting and raving over this diet are under 200 lbs, I'm not knocking you for that, all I'm saying is where are the guys with a ton of lean muscle and low bodyfat talking about this diet? And please shut up about all of this ancestor bull****, our ancestors were also a lot smaller and died a lot younger. For every retard who shouts about ancestors I could show you a bodybuilder who eats a ton of oats, grits, and white potatoes and eats all day. Most of the people I trained in the past had one thing in common, they did not eat during the first half of the day, AND THEY WERE FATTER THAN ****!!! I had to get them to start eating breakfast to see some real changes. All this crap is so nit picky blown out of proportion its beyond retarded. "Insulin sensitivity this, release GH that, 80 grams of this, 30 grams of that" Think about what your saying to yourselves "Its much more convenient and easier for me" so now the truth comes out, bodybuilding is work!!
    Need I list members who compete that are on it:
    DreamWeaver - 51 y/o and in better shape then you...
    MrKleen73 - 210 pounds and 6% BF at 5'8"
    Me - 212 pounds though I am not as muscular as you
    Rick -
    I can keep going.

I think the 6 meal a day diet is complete crap, there is no science to support it but it works for people so why knock it? I am a meso/endo and I gain weight just looking at food and struggle to lose fat. I do lean gains, do very little cardio, add muscle or at the very least lose none, cut up consistently since I started, eat carbs and set PRs with an average caloric intake a week of many 2300 calories. I take no AAS/DS at the moment and think that says a lot about the diet considering I do about 1 cardio workout a week. Is it right for everyone, no. Does it take adjusting to, most definitely. Are you an ass for being so narrow minded, that is without question. Not everyone wants to be 5'8" and 240, if I was equivalent at my height I would be 260 and have every single employee on my ass at my company about taking steroids. Think outside your world for a second and realize you are not always right, there are many ways to skin a cat and you are perpetuating the stereotype of a user of AAS with your attitude. Please don't, I don't when I am on so why do you have to be that guy?
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

28. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I know what you are saying, but I'm talking about not being hungry, smelling popcorn and craving it so bad your stomach growls kind of thing, get what I'm saying, same thing if you see a really favorite food, you crave it so bad that you feel hungry, so I agree with you, just making the point of... "Easier said than done!"
    All diet discipline is "easier said than done."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

29. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    You mean you eat your meals normally at just random times with random amounts of time between them?
    Pretty much.
    -Jim Morrison

30. Hey Coors... This guy doesn't think that Lean Gains & IF is worth a damn either, LoL
    www.finaflex.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dosing Natadrol on a intermitt fasting diet
    By donbx in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 10:08 PM
  2. Are you kidding me??? (More synthol morons)
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Velocity diet vs Intermittent/Alternating Day Fasting
    By EasyEJL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
  4. Morons paid the price
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 08:17 PM
  5. Fasting