talapia

senjuriko

senjuriko

Awards
First off hi guys, as you can see I'm new here, usually spend my time on uk forums however a friend recommend this forum so I thought I'd give it a bash.

My first subject is food, obviously the most important for all bodybuilders, and I don't know if like you guys I find it hard to constantly eat chicken dy in and day out. I'm not a massive fan of tuna and steak which are obvious alternatives, so after doing some Internet research I found this fish that people talk about which is Talapia.

Just wanted thoughts on this ?

Have you guys tried it ? If so how's it best cooked ?

For me I have to eat it cold as I work 10 hours a day this is why chicken has taken it's toll as it's a bastard to eat cold constantly

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I've eatin a good bit of it.Had farm raised and wild i can't tell no diff.
I usally pan fry it with pam or grill it.Only fish from farm to wild i can tell a diff is salmon.I always eat everything cold too.
Talapia taste like flounder to me thats what i usally eat (wild caught)easier to get around here in PA.

senjuriko

senjuriko

Awards
Just found it nice with

Dill
Onion powder
Garlic
Paprika
Olive oil
Lemon juice

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I use sea salt and caynenne pepper and sometimes horseradish

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
i like tilapia because you can chew the sh*t with your tounge and just wash it down with milk

i eat 2 filets in about 45 seconds.... its really easy to eat (good food when youre not hungry)

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
i love me some tilapia..i usually just fry it up with some salt..maybe some Lawry's seasoned salt, perhaps?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Talapia and especially farm raised talapia are pretty high in omega-6 fatty acids...something most of us get in excess as it is. A better choice would be wild caught cod or pollock (which you can usually get for 4-5 bucks a pound).

Br

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I LOVE Talapia! In fact I just ate it about 20mins ago w/ some broccoli lol. I'm gonna eat it again soon. I eat 2 of my meals w/ Talapia. It's a small portion but it really packs a punch w/ it's high protein and low calories. I eat my Talapia towards the end of the day w/ my last 3 meals consisting of green veggies

trulordd

Awards
another way to eat it is made in Ceviche. There are a bunch of recipes, and it is great!!! Try it out