Getting enough fiber on the Anabolic Diet

hli1022

Awards
I was wondering if anyone can recommend anything good remedy in terms of food or supplement to help "keep things moving" while on AD?

Thanks

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
For foods, definitely start with upping your fibrous and green veggie intake. For an additional supplement, I actually use the knock-off metamucil Fiber Therapy (I think it's Equate or something) as well. It's primarily psyllium seed husk and comes in a big jug and, at least for me, makes a noticeable difference when taken regularly.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really like Myogenix ProFiber. Good fiber sources with probiotics and digestive enzymes included. It's also unflavored so you can add it to anything.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is everyone forgetting about pumpkin seeds? Below is the breakdown for the unsalted variety... I am getting ready to start the AD on Monday and one of the first things I thought of to remedy the fiber cut was pumpkin seeds.

Serving size: 1/3 cup or 37g

Fat 13g (2.5g from saturated fats)
Carbs 9g (7g from fiber and 3g from other 0g from sugars)
Protein 10g

Like a BOSS!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is everyone forgetting about pumpkin seeds? Below is the breakdown for the unsalted variety... I am getting ready to start the AD on Monday and one of the first things I thought of to remedy the fiber cut was pumpkin seeds.

Serving size: 1/3 cup or 37g

Fat 13g (2.5g from saturated fats)
Carbs 9g (7g from fiber and 3g from other 0g from sugars)
Protein 10g

Like a BOSS!
You could also throw avocodo in there.

Chequamegon

Awards
My fiber sources were mostly nuts and vegetables. Ground flax seeds were very beneficial to me as well... I would always mix a tablespoon or two into my big leafy green salads. That and shelled Hemp seeds (which I have recently fallen in love with). I wouldn't usually even count the carbs I got from veggies and nuts towards my total since they are practically negligible when you consider the other excellent health benefits you receive from them.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My fiber sources were mostly nuts and vegetables. Ground flax seeds were very beneficial to me as well... I would always mix a tablespoon or two into my big leafy green salads. That and shelled Hemp seeds (which I have recently fallen in love with). I wouldn't usually even count the carbs I got from veggies and nuts towards my total since they are practically negligible when you consider the other excellent health benefits you receive from them.
yeah, but on a keto style diet the negligible carbs can add up quickly. Especially if one consumes a lot of nuts, seeds etc. It's easy to go over the 30-50gr/day limited if you don't watch it...