Lean Gains Macros

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Whats up guys,

I've recently been trying to get a plan together to start Lean Gains....just a few quick questions.

On build days, it says carb high/ protein moderate/ fat low
On burn days, protein high/ fat moderate / carb low

Obviously this depends on how different people respond and I plan on playing with the macros as I go, but what is considered high/moderate/low? I powerlift and have been on a heavy bulking diet for three years, which is high cal high protein high carb all the time haha so I'm a bit confused.

Also, I counted my maintenance at 3000...so I made my build day 3600 and burn day a bit lower at 2200. Will this be ok or should I stay strict with the +20 -20? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Once I get it all figured out I will post my plan up for some more suggestions. Looking forward to starting a new diet that many have been having success with.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats up guys,

I've recently been trying to get a plan together to start Lean Gains....just a few quick questions.

On build days, it says carb high/ protein moderate/ fat low
On burn days, protein high/ fat moderate / carb low

Obviously this depends on how different people respond and I plan on playing with the macros as I go, but what is considered high/moderate/low? I powerlift and have been on a heavy bulking diet for three years, which is high cal high protein high carb all the time haha so I'm a bit confused.

Also, I counted my maintenance at 3000...so I made my build day 3600 and burn day a bit lower at 2200. Will this be ok or should I stay strict with the +20 -20? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Once I get it all figured out I will post my plan up for some more suggestions. Looking forward to starting a new diet that many have been having success with.

Everything sounds pretty good to me. What is your primary goal? If it is recomping then it looks like you have things set up pretty well to start. Of course you may have to adjust some as time goes on, but it looks like a very good starting point. The amount of carbs you take in depends a lot on how sensitive you are to them also. The more sensitive, the less carbs you take in. But you have the right idea to take in higher amounts on build days and less on burn days. I am recomping and stick pretty close to the +20%/-20% rule and have had pretty good success. I'm doing 3k build days and 1800 burn days, but my maintenance is lower at around 2300

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Everything sounds pretty good to me. What is your primary goal? If it is recomping then it looks like you have things set up pretty well to start. Of course you may have to adjust some as time goes on, but it looks like a very good starting point. The amount of carbs you take in depends a lot on how sensitive you are to them also. The more sensitive, the less carbs you take in. But you have the right idea to take in higher amounts on build days and less on burn days. I am recomping and stick pretty close to the +20%/-20% rule and have had pretty good success. I'm doing 3k build days and 1800 burn days, but my maintenance is lower at around 2300
I'm looking for more of a recomp affect...but more than anything I just want to get into the habit of eating this way since I can always adjust the numbers/cardio. I figured since I've been on such a drastically different diet for so long, I'm probably going to run this diet for about three-six months or so then add a low dose of sd and see how it goes. This is a real experiment for me because I'm going to continue with my strength training, just with added cardio now and pretty huge calorie cut. Time will tell. I just want to get my body fat to around 12% from about 15% then I will probably up the calories again.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think as long as you stay in a good recomp range you'll have some good success with dropping that BF down and maintaining or even adding onto your strength goals. Should be fun!! :)

JoshDP

Awards
I was just about to ask the exact same question. I have also just started LeanGains. Looking to drop some bodyfat. For the past 2 weeks I have just been getting used to the LeanGain eating schedule, without really watching my macros too closely. Now I would like to really get more precise about my macro intake. All the LeanGains site says about macros is what the OP said. No percentages.

What percentages are considered high, medium, low?