1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Anyone else have sleep apnea?

I just foundout I have it. I have to go to another sleep study, but I'll have to wait until after the 4th unfortunately. I'm hoping once I get my cpap I'll see a much faster progression in terms of my training, especially with small muscle groups ie biceps.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

how did u find out you had it? or what made you think you had it? i have had insomnia for as long as i can remember and wake up (when i manage to get sleep) probably no less than 6 times a night. so far i havent investigated it further but im definately at the point where i can no longer deal with it myself.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%

Quote Originally Posted by gav86 View Post
    how did u find out you had it? or what made you think you had it? i have had insomnia for as long as i can remember and wake up (when i manage to get sleep) probably no less than 6 times a night. so far i havent investigated it further but im definately at the point where i can no longer deal with it myself.
    My stepdad has it, so he knows the symptoms. I called my insurance and found out where I needed to have a sleep study done and I had to call my doctor to get a referral. So, now I need to go back and get another referral.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.88%

I have Sleep Apnea and sometimes it wakes me up at night because I stop breathing or just have trouble breathing. My doctor prescribed me a oral appliance, its like a mouth piece. I get much better sleep at night now. It works by bringing your jaw forward so your throat is opened up while you sleep. It take a little to get used to it, but its worth it. If you let it go untreated you could end up with heart problems, because when you have sleep apnea your stressing your heart out buy depraving your heart of oxygen and that is not good. So get it taken care of soon and you'll be much happier because for one you will be getting a good nights sleep and secondly you'll be getting healthy sleep and a good supply of oxygen to your body. People don't realize this but it is a serious condition if you leave it untreated. If the mouth piece won't work you should consider surgery as an option. Good luck and don't put this off.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped_Effect View Post
    I have Sleep Apnea and sometimes it wakes me up at night because I stop breathing or just have trouble breathing. My doctor prescribed me a oral appliance, its like a mouth piece. I get much better sleep at night now. It works by bringing your jaw forward so your throat is opened up while you sleep. It take a little to get used to it, but its worth it. If you let it go untreated you could end up with heart problems, because when you have sleep apnea your stressing your heart out buy depraving your heart of oxygen and that is not good. So get it taken care of soon and you'll be much happier because for one you will be getting a good nights sleep and secondly you'll be getting healthy sleep and a good supply of oxygen to your body. People don't realize this but it is a serious condition if you leave it untreated. If the mouth piece won't work you should consider surgery as an option. Good luck and don't put this off.
    I'm getting a "cpap" but you know how long things take to actually get done. I just hope I can last that long and that my heart is okay.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.88%

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I'm getting a "cpap" but you know how long things take to actually get done. I just hope I can last that long and that my heart is okay.
    You will be okay I didn't mean to worry you, it takes a long time to cause damage so just hang in there and you'll be alright.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sleep Apnea!
    By blastedlooger in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 10:19 PM
  2. sleep apnea
    By Ricky5145 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 08:48 AM
  3. Sleep Apnea update
    By mikeyboyeee in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0