pwo shakes...carb sources

andrewT

andrewT

Awards
What are you guys using for carb sources in your PWO shakes?

I do 35g whey iso, 5g mono, 60-70g of Dextrose that I get from bulkbarn. I used to use a Banana before this but am not a fan of the taste.
I find that I can't get bloat/stomach ready for a decently comfy pwo meal for about an hour.

I try to have my shake immediately then 30-45 minutes later eat my pwo meal, and yes I know it isn't usually the funnest meal of the day to eat, but using dex I find myself dreading trying to get it down!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as soon as i get home i eat 4 whole eggs with 1 1/2 cups of oats with blueberries in them. 45 min later i drink whey protein

number2

number2

Awards
i drink 2 scoops of whey 5g or creatine mono, with half a cup of oatmeal that has been put in the blender right after workout. I eat as soon as i can after that usu within 1hr.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I eat 2 serv fruit/1 grain,1scoop whey usally change the fruit i eat depending on what my taste is (canolope,strawberries,bananna,blueberries,ect.)
Like to do fast and slow carbs p/wo found cherries/apples to work well.

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
What are you guys using for carb sources in your PWO shakes?

I do 35g whey iso, 5g mono, 60-70g of Dextrose that I get from bulkbarn. I used to use a Banana before this but am not a fan of the taste.
I find that I can't get bloat/stomach ready for a decently comfy pwo meal for about an hour.

I try to have my shake immediately then 30-45 minutes later eat my pwo meal, and yes I know it isn't usually the funnest meal of the day to eat, but using dex I find myself dreading trying to get it down!
I usually go with a rice cake. Or ill wait till i get home and rail some strawberries lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just eat whole foods sometime after the workout. There's no evidence that a post workout shake provides any benefit.