continue cutting or just start bulking

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Answers

continue cutting or just start bulking

started at 202 now at 177 but still about 12 to 13%body fat i am carb cycling 3 low 1 high and losing about 1 to 2 pounds a week should i continue cutting to get the 6 pack or just say forget it because it will be close to the end of summer before i get there then its time to bulk so should i just start bulking now and get back on creatine also i just started a tough job so my nutrition is all screwy right now and i can only lift 3 to 4 days a week but some of my low carb days ar my workout days so should i just cycle carbs high when im working out that day or keep the 3 low 1 high routine? any suggestions would be great thanks.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

This always seems strange to me when people make a goal and then say, "ahh forget it....." Was your goal initially to have a 6-pack? If that was your cut goal then keep doing it. Who cares if summer is over by the time you get it. Reach that goal, bro! If you are losing 1-2 lbs./wk. then I would say your plan is working nicely.

I think that a lot of people use work as an excuse for unhealthy eating....don't do that. There are always options to keep a healthy diet regardless of your situation if you want it badly enough. I would stick with your 3-1 low/high carb split and see how that works with your new schedule. You can always adjust it if you find it not working quite right.

Why are you not utilizing creatine on a cut? Creatine can be used regardless of your goals. Heck, I used it all the way up until my show....even took it an hour before stepping on stage.

Keep working hard and know that your results are right around the corner!!!! Good luck.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Answers

good stuff man well im not trying to use work as an excuse but i have been doing something like this i eat 6 meals a day on my low carb days i have 31 grams unprocessed carbs 46 grams protein and 11 grams fat on high carb days its 36 grams protein 61 grams carbs and 11 grams fat per meal usually use almonds chicken brown rice or sweet potatoes tuna black beans oatmeal veggies protein powder ground flax fish oil etc. i eat every 2.5 to 3 hours but i heard that you cant have cheat meals while doing a carb cycling diet. is that true because thats hard for me on the weekends i have had a 6 pack before but was 155 i dont want to be the small again at 177 now do you think i could pull off 165-168 lean. thanks for the help bro
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Answers

I understand where your coming from with this question, you want to be leaner but you dont want to be too small. Normally I'd say keep cutting and then start building back up, but at your height you are correct, your going to look small. It sounds to me like you need more muscle mass before you try to lean out again. My first 5 years in the gym I never dieted, all I did was eat and grow. You cannot cut muscle that isnt there, I would really focus on trying to break that 200 lb mark but keep it leaner. Eat to grow, but not to get fat. Once you can break 200 lbs at 14-16% bf, THEN try to cut again if you want to, now your looking at 170's lean, not 160
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I would just say. If you want it get it by every mean you can.
    You should do more exercises and should achieve your desired goal.
    Dimitri
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Have you looked into Intermittent Fasting? You should checkout leangains.com for some information on it. I think your situation with work and a more hectic schedule would be perfect to experiment with this program. Then you don't have to worry about the 6-meals a day thing and eating every 3 hours, which is quickly being dispelled as bro-science anyway.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    Have you looked into Intermittent Fasting? You should checkout leangains.com for some information on it. I think your situation with work and a more hectic schedule would be perfect to experiment with this program. Then you don't have to worry about the 6-meals a day thing and eating every 3 hours, which is quickly being dispelled as bro-science anyway.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.
    Dang great minds think alike. As soon as I started reading this thread I thought of Lean Gains. Makes a lot of sense for you OP. You will continue to lean up but be able to gain weight. Plus less meals to worry about and it lines up right with only lift a few times a week. Im doing LG while doing DC workouts. It seems like a match made in recomp heaven.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Keep Bulking or Start Cutting??
    By GTOman in forum Pics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 06:10 AM
  4. To start bulking or not??? (Please read...Need opinions)
    By unfknblvbl89 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 02:14 PM