Taking the LeanGains Dive - Need Feedback on Plan

Doberman13

Awards
I was hoping to get feedback on my Leangains diet plan before formally taking the plunge. Some background on me...I am 28 years old and have been training for about 2.5 years. I started out doing just cardio until I ran myself down from a plump 180 to 145. Decided to pick up weights and now I am sitting at about 168-172 depending on the week. I am 5ft 10in and in the gym 5 days/week plus cardio 4 of those nights. The challenge I have is that I can't gain muscle without major bulking. Then I gain the muscle and try to cut to burn the fat and end up losing most of what I gained. I am on a clean/strict diet now that has me eating a big breakfast at 6am then meals every 4 hours until around 10pm. Like I said, the challenge is that I have to really turn up the calories to the point where I am adding lots of fat just to gain a few lbs of muscle. I need something more consistent. I've built this plan around my work and gym schedule (In the office at 8, out at 5 then at the gym at 6)

I've included a sample of what my diet will look like including times and food. This is not perfect and I am still adding up the values. I think I need to add atleast another 400 calories to be in a surplus (need help here too...). I am not sure which meals I should add to or the type of macros I need.

I will be taking multi vitamins, fish oil and BCAA's along with this routine. All food is whole food (meaning fresh and not processed lunch meats etc..) Let me know what you all think....

Meal 1: 1pmFoodCaloriesProteinCarbsFat
6 Jumbo Egg Whites1202400
2 Large Whole Eggs1401208
1 Serving Oatmeal1004192
1 TSB Peanut Butter953816
1 Md Banana1051271
Total 560445427
Meal 2: 4pmFoodCaloriesProteinCarbsFat
5oz Grilled Turkey Breast1472563
2 Slices 40 Cal Wheat Bread803141
8oz Cantaloupe802191
4oz Carrotts45140
Total 35231435
Pre-Workout: 6pmFoodCaloriesProteinCarbsFat
Creatine Gaspari Size On1807390
M5 Extreme45180
Total 2258470
Meal 3: 8:30pmFoodCaloriesProteinCarbsFat
Whey Protein Shake1403045
10 oz Grilled Chicken Breast440761120
2 Cups Broccoli625121
2 Cups Baby Spinach20330
1 Large Apple1003011
2 Slices EZ Bread1608301
Total 92215251128
CaloriesProteinCarbsFat
Daily total2129235195160

chuntley

Awards
I'm on my second day of Lean Gains. Hope yours goes well, I look forward to hearing how it goes for you!

Doberman13

Awards
I started on LG yesterday following the outline above but I know I need to tweak my plan so I would really appreciate feedback. I need to get up to 2500 calories on workout days and cut down to 1750 calories for non-workout days. I am thinking about adding whole wheat pasta to my last meal on wo days which would give me 190 calories, 35g of carbs and 8g of protein. On non-workout days I could cut the EZ bread and whole wheat pasta from the last meal then switch the whey protein shake for casein pudding in my first meal??? That still doesn't get me down to 1750 though.....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get rid of that apple in the last meal too on burn days and it should get you down there. Also you have the apple listed as 30 protein and 1 carb so you need to recalculate as that is backwards. I was going to suggest adding in about 50 grams of carbs to the final meal on training days so what you have planned is good. Although you may need to boost protein in the last meal as well since the calculation was incorrect from the apple. Maybe just add in a cup of lowfat cottage cheese and only add about 20 grams of carbs to the last meal on training days.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are taking some Whey Protein w/ BCAA's using a total of 3 scoops somewhere throughout your diet will get you to the 2400 calories. Just another option.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How are things going with LG Dobie?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your math is wrong there, no way a grilled chicken breast has 120g fat :) which also means your daily fat intake is too low.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
your math is wrong there, no way a grilled chicken breast has 120g fat :) which also means your daily fat intake is too low.
I didn't catch that one.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unless it is fried chicken. Lol... Good catch