apparently water is anti catabolic - AnabolicMinds.com

apparently water is anti catabolic

apparently water is anti catabolic

For me, the action IS the juice.

Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Now, how can we bottle that up and sale it in a pill????

interesting article. I knew it was a fat transporter so to speak, but I did not know it helped your body burn less protein.
    •   

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Now, how can we bottle that up and sale it in a pill????
    if we can figure that out, we'll make millions

That's an oxymoron. Oxidizing triacylglyercides is catabolic. (just saying).

"In a somewhat older study researchers raised liquid levels in their test subjects and measured the effect on their metabolism. The subjects’ burned more fat and less proteins. It sounds impossible, but water is anabolic. "
    Water in of itself is not anabolic (in fact most anabolic reactions release a water molecule and catabolic reactions require a water molecule) and the interpretation of that study is speculatively far from excellent.

I would like to read the original study and see the methods used and actual data.

Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    That's an oxymoron. Oxidizing triacylglyercides is catabolic. (just saying).

"In a somewhat older study researchers raised liquid levels in their test subjects and measured the effect on their metabolism. The subjects’ burned more fat and less proteins. It sounds impossible, but water is anabolic. "
    Water in of itself is not anabolic (in fact most anabolic reactions release a water molecule and catabolic reactions require a water molecule) and the interpretation of that study is speculatively far from excellent.

I would like to read the original study and see the methods used and actual data.
    while technically what you're saying is true, this is where adults use context.

for all intents and purposes of this board, catabolism refers to the break down of MUSCLE, while anabolism is the building up of muscle. thought this went

without saying, but, i guess not.

the point of the study is to illustrate what most of us already have put into practice. we all know it is easier to lose fat while hydrated. lesser known was the

idea that muscle could possibly be spared.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    while technically what you're saying is true, this is where adults use context.

for all intents and purposes of this board, catabolism refers to the break down of MUSCLE, while anabolism is the building up of muscle. thought this went

without saying, but, i guess not.

the point of the study is to illustrate what most of us already have put into practice. we all know it is easier to lose fat while hydrated. lesser known was the

idea that muscle could possibly be spared.
    I highly doubt the credibility of the source and research backing this claim. Also 'burning' which is incorrect use of the term, should be 'expending' or 'oxidizing'. And less protein is STILL oxidizing protein which is a catabolic reaction. This failed attempt to summarize the original study does not distinguish global protein synthesis and degredation nor net accretion of protein.
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I agree with Russy on this one. You guys need to be critical (not cynical) when reading reviews and articles.

Does dehydration and exercise in extreme heat cause a shift from fat oxidization to cho oxidization - yes.

Does that mean that drinking yourself into hyponatremia is going to increase fat ox and protein synthesis................. Maybe you should chug 5 gallons of distilled water and find out

Br

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Anti-Cortisol / Anti-Catabolic?
    By WSPHXPELON in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
  2. anti catabolic
    By fame126 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
  3. anti catabolic
    By heebs10 in forum Supplements