Lean Gains Help

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading through the threads on lean gains here at AM and looked at the LeanGains website and am very interested in giving this diet a try. However, I am not sure if it is right for me and was hoping some of the more experienced people here could help me out.

I have only been working out for about 2 years. The first year and a half I was doing bodypart splits and didnt really get the strength base i was looking for until about 8 months ago when I started Ripptoes Starting Strength. Now I am much stronger but I still dont feel like I have near as much of a muscle/strength base as I should before i start cutting. (basically I am worried about losing what little I have) Unfortunately, I am around 20% bf though and really want to get rid of this chub!

Would it be a good idea for someone who is still a beginner to try this diet, or should I just keep focusing on building a solid base and worry about cutting a little further down the road?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This diet is one that can be used for all goals. Whether you're looking to bulk, cut or maintain, it can be utilized. It's more of a lifestyle choice.

I've done it for a month and really enjoyed it. I unfortunately didn't get the benefits out of it because of my jacked up thyroid, but in the sense of eating all my meals in an 8 hour window, I love it. The first couple days take some getting used to as far as being hungry during the other hours, but it subsides pretty quickly.

I say go for it and see how it works for you.

And as for bulking or cutting, etc., it's just all about the calories and macros you put into it ;)

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
This diet is one that can be used for all goals. Whether you're looking to bulk, cut or maintain, it can be utilized. It's more of a lifestyle choice.

I've done it for a month and really enjoyed it. I unfortunately didn't get the benefits out of it because of my jacked up thyroid, but in the sense of eating all my meals in an 8 hour window, I love it. The first couple days take some getting used to as far as being hungry during the other hours, but it subsides pretty quickly.

I say go for it and see how it works for you.

And as for bulking or cutting, etc., it's just all about the calories and macros you put into it ;)
I agree with this^^^^

I just started LG about a week ago and am really happy so far. My workouts have been great! Just adjust your cals to your current goals and follow the key points of LG and I think you will be pleased as well.

Best of luck with everything!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you figured out which one of the 4 methods fits your personal schedule that would be the first step in getting started. Then it just a matter of knowing your calories and what to eat and when.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as you have your calories and training set up to meet what your goal is (cut or recomp I assume) then the lean gains diet would be great to give a try. I've had great success with it through a cut, and have just recently switched to more of a recomp.

Give us a little info on what your training schedule and diet is like, as well as your stats if you want some more input bro