Lean Gains Help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.47%

Lean Gains Help

I have been reading through the threads on lean gains here at AM and looked at the LeanGains website and am very interested in giving this diet a try. However, I am not sure if it is right for me and was hoping some of the more experienced people here could help me out.

I have only been working out for about 2 years. The first year and a half I was doing bodypart splits and didnt really get the strength base i was looking for until about 8 months ago when I started Ripptoes Starting Strength. Now I am much stronger but I still dont feel like I have near as much of a muscle/strength base as I should before i start cutting. (basically I am worried about losing what little I have) Unfortunately, I am around 20% bf though and really want to get rid of this chub!

Would it be a good idea for someone who is still a beginner to try this diet, or should I just keep focusing on building a solid base and worry about cutting a little further down the road?

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated!

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

This diet is one that can be used for all goals. Whether you're looking to bulk, cut or maintain, it can be utilized. It's more of a lifestyle choice.

I've done it for a month and really enjoyed it. I unfortunately didn't get the benefits out of it because of my jacked up thyroid, but in the sense of eating all my meals in an 8 hour window, I love it. The first couple days take some getting used to as far as being hungry during the other hours, but it subsides pretty quickly.

I say go for it and see how it works for you.

And as for bulking or cutting, etc., it's just all about the calories and macros you put into it
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    This diet is one that can be used for all goals. Whether you're looking to bulk, cut or maintain, it can be utilized. It's more of a lifestyle choice.

I've done it for a month and really enjoyed it. I unfortunately didn't get the benefits out of it because of my jacked up thyroid, but in the sense of eating all my meals in an 8 hour window, I love it. The first couple days take some getting used to as far as being hungry during the other hours, but it subsides pretty quickly.

I say go for it and see how it works for you.

And as for bulking or cutting, etc., it's just all about the calories and macros you put into it
    I agree with this^^^^

I just started LG about a week ago and am really happy so far. My workouts have been great! Just adjust your cals to your current goals and follow the key points of LG and I think you will be pleased as well.

Best of luck with everything!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Have you figured out which one of the 4 methods fits your personal schedule that would be the first step in getting started. Then it just a matter of knowing your calories and what to eat and when.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

As long as you have your calories and training set up to meet what your goal is (cut or recomp I assume) then the lean gains diet would be great to give a try. I've had great success with it through a cut, and have just recently switched to more of a recomp.

Give us a little info on what your training schedule and diet is like, as well as your stats if you want some more input bro
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. T1-PRO vs. One for Lean Gains..