questions about cold pressed extra virgin olive oil as a calorie source

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
How many times a day should I use this to up my calorie intake. I get most of my cals from protein and very little from carbs. So I'm trying to use fats to up calories by 500. Any advice?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nothing wrong with using this. Think about some natural peanut butter, too.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with using this. Think about some natural peanut butter, too.
Lolol I've been eating natty pb with almost every meal and now ill alternate between olive oil and pb. Any other calorie sources u can suggest would be awesome. I'm trying to keep carbs to a minimum so I can drop some fat. Eating around 150-180 on non workout days. And around 200 on workout days

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lolol I've been eating natty pb with almost every meal and now ill alternate between olive oil and pb. Any other calorie sources u can suggest would be awesome. I'm trying to keep carbs to a minimum so I can drop some fat. Eating around 150-180 on non workout days. And around 200 on workout days
You could always look at almonds, too. MCT oil is another one, but it has a bit of a back-and-forth on how people feel about it. Coconut oil is an option, too.

You could also look at carb-cycling a bit more than that, too. So if you're going 200g on workout days, you could drop down to 50g occasionally on off days.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
You could always look at almonds, too. MCT oil is another one, but it has a bit of a back-and-forth on how people feel about it. Coconut oil is an option, too.

You could also look at carb-cycling a bit more than that, too. So if you're going 200g on workout days, you could drop down to 50g occasionally on off days.
Good suggestions. Put another vote in for coconut oil. MCT's are used for energy so quickly that they can almost give the same feeling as carbs, especially pre workout. I've done coconut oil pre workout on low/no carb days before and it gives you a great boost.