is yohimbe a muscle-sparing stimulant? - AnabolicMinds.com

is yohimbe a muscle-sparing stimulant?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Question is yohimbe a muscle-sparing stimulant?

ok, so one thing i noticed with stimulants (legal or otherwise) is that they ALL burn muscle along with fat, but i've heard that yohimbe can actually increase muscle mass. is this true?

on some other bodybuilding website i read that it releases FAT to be burned instead of muscle via activation of the a2-receptors. and i've also heard that it boosts test. levels, increasing muscle mass and recovery time. can anyone verify this? would it interfere with bulking/gains?

i still have like 50 capsules laying around that i used to take when i was cutting, but since i got into powerlifting i decided i wasn't going to go back and forth between cutting and bulking phases...

thanks, for the replies

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Stimulants "stimulate" nervous system activity, typically increasing metabolic rate. They aren't inherently catabolic (read: muscle-wasting) substances and don't necessarily breakdown lean tissue.

Also, yohimbine inhibits a2-receptors -- it doesn't activate them. I have never seen research that suggests yohimbine alone increases testosterone levels.

If you were going to use them outside of a cutting or fat loss program, I would just take them when you need a "boost" or just pre-workout.

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Answers

thanks man, and yeah i was thinking about using them pre workout, only thing i noticed though is they make me VERY edgy, and the longer i take them the more pronounced the effects (long half-life?).

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The efficacy of carbs on sparing protein
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:51 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 11:45 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 12:39 PM
  4. Best fatloss/muscle sparing and hardening agent?
    By dertynasty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 06:49 AM