when is alcohol safest to drink?

mylo

mylo

Awards
we all know alcohol and lifting conflict, and i follow a rather simple powerlifting schedule (below)...

monday, bench and pull ups
tuesday(today), squats and leg curls
friday, deadlift and bicep curls

but i was given a bottle of cheap mad dog which i have in my fridge and haven't drank in months so i was thinking about drinking it tomorrow. does anyone know if drinking the day AFTER a workout interfere with gains? or would most of the gaining be done overnight?

i know powerlifting shouldn't be an obsession (unlike my old amphetamine habit), but i still want to be able to gain as much as possible...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One bottle of maddog? Drink that ****, and don't worry about it.

Just don't drink daily..lol

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol is safest to drink as far away from car keys as possible. Also, since we're only drinking once every few months or so I wouldn't worry too much about it's impact on your strength or muscles. You may also want to pick something a little better than Mad dog, maybe a single malt scotch.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
but i was given a bottle of cheap mad dog which i have in my fridge and haven't drank in months so i was thinking about drinking it tomorrow. does anyone know if drinking the day AFTER a workout interfere with gains? or would most of the gaining be done overnight?

i know powerlifting shouldn't be an obsession (unlike my old amphetamine habit), but i still want to be able to gain as much as possible...
You'll be fine having a drink the day after you lift -- do it.

Also, there's nothing wrong with dedicating a significant portion of your time to powerlifting if it's truly important to you. Plus, powerlifting > amphetamines.

mylo

mylo

Awards
ha, all right, thanks guys, i guess i'll buzz a bit today. and red dog, yeah i was at the point in my life where people considered me a tweaker, wouldn't sleep or eat for days after popping 60-75 mg of adderall XR. as fun as that was, i knew i had to prioritize and whip my anorexic self back in shape.

once again, thanks.

rexkwondoe

Awards
Drugs are bad...mmmkay.

Glad to hear you're off the ADD pills. They are, indeed, scary. My roommate went into an extreme catabolic state after popping 120-150mg adderall XR. He wasn't the smartest person in the world. He lost like 10 pounds in two-three days. Man he was wired that day...

Chico222

Awards
Drugs are bad...mmmkay.

Glad to hear you're off the ADD pills. They are, indeed, scary. My roommate went into an extreme catabolic state after popping 120-150mg adderall XR. He wasn't the smartest person in the world. He lost like 10 pounds in two-three days. Man he was wired that day...
HAHA!! Mr. Mackey! Alcohol will lower your testosterone levels, but its not a worry unless you are a binge drinker.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Just be smart - everything is good in moderation but too much of anything is bad. If you wanna spend one day to chill out and throw back some elixer with a couple buddies I wouldnt worry about it. But be aware: binge drinking (consuming copious amounts in a short peroid of time) with drastically lower test and THAT will kill your entire week of lifting.

Alcohol is safest to drink as far away from car keys as possible.QUOTE]

Amen.

rza

Awards
i have a question.

if i use alcohol in cooking, does all the bad stuff get burned off along with the alcohol?

mylo

mylo

Awards
yes, i do :lmao:

they're good guys, but they have a firm belief that alcohol is good for bulking LOL

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to drink cheap whiskey pre-workout because it makes me so angry. Then when I'm all done at the gym I'll have a few bloody marys cuz I figured since they are great for recovering from a long night at the bar they will probably help me recover from the gym. Then I'll probably crack a coors light to keep my throat wet. And then I'll say hell, why not drink another one to keep this feel good feeling going all day? Later in the night I'll have a few jager bombs to keep myself alert and still feeling good, then repeat 8 hours later with more whiskey and bloody marys.