Breakfast & Eggs

Lazarus111

Awards
For those of you who eat eggs in the morning, how many do you eat? Do you include the yolk during a bulking phase?

I'm currently bulking and only eating 4 eggs w/ the yolk each morning. My mother is an MD and she says one egg's yolk has enough for one's daily intake of cholesterol, no matter your age. She freaked out when she found out I was eating just 4 lol

What do you think? I'm taking CEL's cycle assist that has some cholesterol support along with fish oil at night (while on cycle).

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Mainstream medicine/nutrition exaggerates the negative impact of dietary cholesterol intake (among many other poorly supported conclusions).

I typically eat 3 whole eggs each day unless I'm cutting pretty hard -- either scrambled or sunny-side up. There's nothing wrong with eating whole eggs man -- you'll be fine! :)

Just as a starting point if you were interested -- Dietary cholesterol provided by eggs and plasma lipoproteins in healthy populations -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16340654

engann

Awards
i ate betwn 2 to 6 whole while bulkin...
they r fine... since muscles are build on cholesterol plus with proper nutrition and supplementation, that shouldnt be a concern at all

Lazarus111

Awards
i ate betwn 2 to 6 whole while bulkin...
they r fine... since muscles are build on cholesterol plus with proper nutrition and supplementation, that shouldnt be a concern at all
Disregarded because there is no science or nutritional backup with this post, sorry.

Someone please explain to me how people get away with eating 6-8 whole eggs daily, for example.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
I normally eat 2 whole eggs. After that its all egg whites. Idk why, that's just how I've been doing it lol

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Hell, I'm interested in this too, is it fine to have 8 egg whites? Any less really isn't much protein:/

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ask you mom for clinical evidence that eating eggs increases cholesterol significantly in healthy individuals.

Oh, and I'll eat upwards of 8 whole eggs a day sometimes and my lipid levels are perfectly healthy.

Lazarus111

Awards
Hell, I'm interested in this too, is it fine to have 8 egg whites? Any less really isn't much protein:/
Egg whites are fine, the cholesterol is located in the yolk.

Ask you mom for clinical evidence that eating eggs increases cholesterol significantly in healthy individuals.

Oh, and I'll eat upwards of 8 whole eggs a day sometimes and my lipid levels are perfectly healthy.
An egg yolk can contain 200-350mg of cholesterol depending on the size of the egg. That right there is your recommended daily intake of cholesterol..in ONE EGG. Eating 8 a day on a consistent basis can really **** up your cholesterol levels in the long run. That means atherosclerosis, heart disease, HDL/LDL levels screwed up, etc.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
An egg yolk can contain 200-350mg of cholesterol depending on the size of the egg. That right there is your recommended daily intake of cholesterol..in ONE EGG. Eating 8 a day on a consistent basis can really **** up your cholesterol levels in the long run. That means atherosclerosis, heart disease, HDL/LDL levels screwed up, etc.
*Citation needed

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Your mom would hate my diet then. It's full of saturated fat and cholesterol that has me with an HDL of 63 and LDL of 90. Serum cholesterol levels are far more complicated than just dietary cholesterol intake such as insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular activity, dietary fiber, body composition, etc.

Honestly, though, that information is so archaic that it shouldn't even be part of the medical lexicon. Plus, let's be honest here, MD's don't know jack **** when it comes to nutrition and exercise.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dietary cholesterol has virtually no impact on serum cholesterol, its saturated fat intake that does. You asked for scientific backing before, do you have any studies that show any of those things actually happening? No, because its not the case.

racerx1389

Awards
I am in a cutting phase and I eat 1 egg whole and 1 cup of egg whites.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
:wtf:

A comparison of egg consumption with other modifiable coronary heart disease lifestyle risk factors: a relative risk apportionment study.

Barraj L, Tran N, Mink P.

Health Sciences Practice, Exponent, Washington, DC, USA. [email protected]

Abstract

Guidelines from the American Heart Association (AHA) recommend that healthy adults limit their intake of dietary cholesterol to less than 300 mg per day. Since a large egg contains about 71% of that amount, the AHA recommends restricting egg consumption unless dietary cholesterol intakes from other sources are limited. We applied a risk apportionment approach to estimate the contribution of egg consumption and other modifiable lifestyle risk factors (e.g., smoking, poor diet, minimal exercise, and alcohol intake) to coronary heart disease (CHD) risk at the population level. Specifically, we categorized the U.S. adult population ages 25+ into distinct risk groups based on the prevalence of modifiable lifestyle risk factors and applied an apportionment model, typically used to assess risk contribution at the individual level, to estimate the contribution of egg intake to CHD risk. Our analysis shows that the combination of modifiable lifestyle risk factors accounts for less than 40% of the population CHD mortality. For the majority of U.S. adults age 25+, consuming one egg a day accounts for <1% of CHD risk. Hence, focusing on decreasing egg intake as an approach to modify CHD risk would be expected to yield minimal results relative to changing other behaviors such as smoking and other dietary habits.

PMID: 19000074
Nutr J. 2010 Jul 2;9:28.

Daily egg consumption in hyperlipidemic adults--effects on endothelial function and cardiovascular risk.

Njike V, Faridi Z, Dutta S, Gonzalez-Simon AL, Katz D

OBJECTIVE: To assess the effects of egg consumption on endothelial function and serum lipids in hyperlipidemic adults.

METHODS: Randomized, placebo-controlled crossover trial of 40 hyperlipidemic adults (24 women, 16 men; average age = 59.9 +/- 9.6 years; weight = 76.3 +/- 21.8 kilograms; total cholesterol = 244 +/- 24 mg/dL). In the acute phase, participants were randomly assigned to one of the two sequences of a single dose of three medium hardboiled eggs and a sausage/cheese breakfast sandwich. In the sustained phase, participants were then randomly assigned to one of the two sequences of two medium hardboiled eggs and 1/2 cup of egg substitute daily for six weeks. Each treatment assignment was separated by a four-week washout period. Outcome measures of interest were endothelial function measured as flow mediated dilatation (FMD) and lipid panel.

RESULTS: Single dose egg consumption had no effects on endothelial function as compared to sausage/cheese (0.4 +/- 1.9 vs. 0.4 +/- 2.4%; p = 0.99). Daily consumption of egg substitute for 6 weeks significantly improved endothelial function as compared to egg (1.0 +/- 1.2% vs. -0.1 +/- 1.5%; p < 0.01) and lowered serum total cholesterol (-18 +/- 18 vs. -5 +/- 21 mg/dL; p < 0.01) and LDL (-14 +/- 20 vs. -2 +/- 19 mg/dL; p = 0.01). Study results (positive or negative) are expressed in terms of change relative to baseline.

CONCLUSIONS: Egg consumption was found to be non-detrimental to endothelial function and serum lipids in hyperlipidemic adults, while egg substitute consumption was beneficial.

PMID: 20598142
Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Aug;92(2):422-7. Epub 2010 Jun 9.

Egg consumption and risk of type 2 diabetes in older adults.

Djoussé L, Kamineni A, Nelson TL, Carnethon M, Mozaffarian D, Siscovick D,

Abstract

BACKGROUND: Type 2 diabetes (T2D) remains an important public health issue in the United States. There are limited and inconsistent data on the association between egg consumption and fasting glucose or incident diabetes.

OBJECTIVES: We assessed the association between egg intake and incident diabetes in older adults.

DESIGN: In this prospective study of 3898 men and women from the Cardiovascular Health Study (1989-2007), we assessed egg consumption by using a picture-sorted food questionnaire and ascertained incident T2D annually by using information on hypoglycemic agents and plasma glucose. We used Cox proportional hazards models to estimate adjusted relative risks.

RESULTS: During a mean follow-up of 11.3 y, 313 new cases of T2D occurred. Crude incidence rates of T2D were 7.39, 6.83, 7.00, 6.72, and 12.20 per 1000 person-years in people who reported egg consumption of never, <1 egg/mo, 1-3 eggs/mo, 1-4 eggs/wk, and almost daily, respectively. In multivariable-adjusted models, there was no association between egg consumption and increased risk of T2D in either sex and overall. In a secondary analysis, dietary cholesterol was not associated with incident diabetes (P for trend = 0.47). In addition, egg consumption was not associated with clinically meaningful differences in fasting glucose, fasting insulin, or measures of insulin resistance despite small absolute analytic differences that were significant.

CONCLUSION: In this cohort of older adults with limited egg intake, there was no association between egg consumption or dietary cholesterol and increased risk of incident T2D.

Chico222

Awards
OP, you're pretty ignorant in disregarding someone's post (since you asked for thoughts) for not giving you scientific evidence when you do not provide anything either. As already stated, MDs don't know squat about sports nutrition. In addition, dietary cholesterol is not gonna screw you up, as someone else just stated. If you want proof, get your lazy ass over to pubmed and look it up yourself.

With that being said, I eat 4 raw eggs everyday for breakfast, and that's my normal diet I'm not cutting nor bulking; Got my bloodwork checked 2 Saturdays ago and lipids are A+.

Kdvwest

Awards

lol conventional wisdom lol :dead:

I eat 3 a day in raw whole form(organic/gf). 2 in the morning with a shake and 1 at night before bed. Maybe 1 at night isn't the best of ideas, but wuteverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :shock:

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
i eat 8-10 whole eggs every morning... im perfectly healthy

Dwane

Awards
I also eat eggs in morning and i usually eat 4 eggs in breakfast and it is a perfect diet for me in breakfast and really it is full of energetic breakfast with milk and both makes good chemistry.

orange county boot camps

wildthings

wildthings

Awards
I ate 5 whole eggs per day when I was doing keto, the egg york is rich in arachidonic acid which is marketed as an anabolic supplement.

JayV

Banned
Awards

Yeah, you need to join some of us in the 21st century.
The crap you are regurgitating is so old you probably read it on a scroll.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread is making me hungry. Think I'll go have a couple eggs. People who don't eat the yolks are selling themselves short. Plus they are just big sissy's.

YouSeeMe

Awards
I eat 8-10 eggs every morning usually. scrambled with grits is awesome.