Almond Milk - healthy fat
- 06-04-2011, 03:41 PM
- 06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Almond milk is decent in moderation, but lots of poly n-6 fats. Balancing out the n-6 fat with n-3 (pref from cold water fish) will lead to less inflammation.
Consider throwing some coconut milk into the mix - lots of good fat and fills you up better than almond milk.
06-04-2011, 06:22 PM
06-04-2011, 07:03 PM
fat from coconut is almost all saturated fat, which is less prone to oxidation inside the body. A great thing on the Anabolic/Metabolic Diet, probably not if on a high carb diet.
06-04-2011, 07:48 PM
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
almond milk is awesome. I use the 35 cal plain unflavored stuff to make protein pudding at night with my casein protein. Little extra almond butter or PB in there, tasty stuff
06-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Whacked in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 01-01-2011, 07:14 PM
- By schwellington in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 11-02-2010, 06:14 PM
- By Colochine in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
- By mkretz in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM
- By windwords7 in forum Weight LossReplies: 11Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:32 PM