egg whites

beefydude

Awards
I've been looking to add eggs in my diet but I hate them. Anyone try drinking them? I found this site muscleegg dot com

for some reason I cant put the URL

Has anyone tried it?

thanks

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
The majority of the nutrients are in the yoke. Egg whites are useless IMO.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i mix egg whites with OJ and 1 yoke as well. when i scramble eggs, i make the whole egg. when i boil, i eat just the egg white

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
i mix egg whites with OJ and 1 yoke as well. when i scramble eggs, i make the whole egg. when i boil, i eat just the egg white
My wife and kids won't eat boiled egg yokes either. I eat theirs too, lol.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
If you eat oatmeal you can cook it with water/egg whites.
Make smoothies with whites.

I myself usally have 1 1/3c with an yolk with my breakfast.But i but pepper sea salt and alittle hot sauce in them.

The oatmeal thing isn't to bad just but some cinn on and your good to go.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can try 100% egg albumin protein powder. I know both ON and Dymatize make it. For oatmeal, I like flavoring mine with a tbsp of brown sugar splenda.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Why would you only use the egg whites ? If you're gonna eat eggs, eat all of it then... (not if you obviously hate the yoke ofc) :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cause when you eat 12+ eggs a day, i dont think my body would think to highly of 12 + yokes a day as well. I eat about 10 egg whites boiled, then maybe three whole eggs scrambled later in the day (before bed usually)

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
cause when you eat 12+ eggs a day, i dont think my body would think to highly of 12 + yokes a day as well. I eat about 10 egg whites boiled, then maybe three whole eggs scrambled later in the day (before bed usually)
Why so many eggs then ? (Just curious) You could just cut that amount in half and eat 5 whole eggs...

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I actually dont have eggs in my diet because when I wake up I have my preworkout shake and go straight to lift. I also work nights so by that time its midafternoon and breakfast seems silly.

You could invest in egg albumin, but if you can do the real thing obviously whole foods are better.

Egg whites are all protein and sodium, the nutrient part of it is in the yolk but having more than 3 a day (IMO) is excessive and probably not good for long term health.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
There is more protein in yolk than in white per 100 gram. And it also contains fat of good composition and more micronutrients.

That's why I don't see the point of just doing egg whites.. Regardless if you're on a diet or not..

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
You guys are ridiculous with your "yolk" pushing on everyone.

Simply put, egg whites if you're looking to cut or drop weight, whole eggs if you're bulking and a few whole with mostly whites if you're maintaining.

The problem is that there isn't much protein in a single egg, white or whole for that matter so you will need to consume a decent amount. I've been on diets where I'd be drinking a container or two of pasteurized liquid egg whites a day. The taste isn't bad, similar to a glass of skim milk I thought. It's much easier to down than a bunch of cooked egg whites.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Care to explain why "we" are silly ? For me, being on a diet means eating less kCals.. Not eating specific types of the egg for example... kCals are kCals...

* Note, I'm not trying to be rude or offensive... Just interesting in your opinion...

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
While what you say is true, calories in vs calories out, many of you think the yolk is a god-send. It's not. That's all I care to say about it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why so many eggs then ? (Just curious) You could just cut that amount in half and eat 5 whole eggs...
cause i like the taste of egg whites, hate the taste of boiled yokes...i can slam down boiled egg whites easy as a quick protein source, then make my three whole scrambled eggs later.

any more questions about why i like eggs?

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
cause i like the taste of egg whites, hate the taste of boiled yokes...i can slam down boiled egg whites easy as a quick protein source, then make my three whole scrambled eggs later.

any more questions about why i like eggs?
No no, I'm very satisfied with that answer.. I would have been satisfied with any answer.. Like I say, I'm just curious.. I find other peoples diet very interesting and sometime inspiring...

jontrainer

Awards
If someone ate 10 eggs: fat =45, protein=60(roughly). For a lot of people(not all) this is not a great ratio. Everyone is different.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If someone ate 10 eggs: fat =45, protein=60(roughly). For a lot of people(not all) this is not a great ratio. Everyone is different.
agreed. If I'm going to increase my fat intake for the day, I'm going to get it from something I can enjoy like a steak! Otherwise, I try to hit an exact macro range for my own personal goals.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Ofc, but I wasn't suggesting that he would eat 10 whole eggs... I was more of thinking of cutting it in half...

Yupp, everyone is different :)

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
nobody is gunna get fat from eating eggs ..... and fat isnt the enemy, its our friend

i eat 10 whole eggs every morning and my bodyfat is steady at about 8-9%

jontrainer

Awards
nobody is gunna get fat from eating eggs ..... and fat isnt the enemy, its our friend

i eat 10 whole eggs every morning and my bodyfat is steady at about 8-9%[/

Are you taking any oats or other carbs with breakfast? I don't think I could do 10 whole eggs plus a cup of oats in one shot.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I use Rose Acre Farm egg whites and they sell 10lbs of it for $78 shipped. I add some protein with it and cook it. Nothing but nom noms :D

Colbert

Colbert

Awards

Are you taking any oats or other carbs with breakfast? I don't think I could do 10 whole eggs plus a cup of oats in one shot.
Whats your cholesterol level at?

Your cholesterol is going to have high cholesterol problem with that many yolks :lol:

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established

Nah no oats, just eggs+cheese my diets very low carb high protien high fat

Whats your cholesterol level at?

Your cholesterol is going to have high cholesterol problem with that many yolks :lol:
If you think eating eggs is gunna jack up your cholesterol levels you need to do a lot more research, my cholesterol stays within normal range.

Eggs are probably the worlds healthiest food (organic)

bearall

Awards
buy egg beaters at the grocery store. THey are 100% protein and you can make some real good omellettes out of them.

Stemen

Awards
Well i think you want to gain weight so that's why you want to eat white eggs.I think in these days everyone try to be fit and smart and no one wants fat.It is good for bodybuilders for muscle building.

physical therapy billing coding

Leroyoy

Awards
Most of the bodybuilders sue eggs white build the muscles and don't use the eggs yolk because it
is not important to build the muscles of the body.

Austin4

Austin4

Awards
Hello everyone,..,..
Dried egg whites or powdered egg whites are egg whites that have had the liquid removed from them, and are thus easy to store, and great for any situation where you can’t transport fresh eggs,..
its great food to gain weight,..
Pinole Personal Trainers
regards,..