Does coffee make you sleepy?

1. Does coffee make you sleepy?

Im not sure if its the type i drink, but usually it makes me pretty sleepy/tired. do any of you experience this also?
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

2. if your adrenals can't handle the caffeine....then certainly.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    if your adrenals can't handle the caffeine....then certainly.
    really?

Yeah, I tend to get a little "sleepy" as well from coffee. It's more something in the eyes, but it happens for sure all the time.
    •   

4. Me too but with some stim products. Turns my eyes red and i feel pressure behind my eyes which causes them to strain and I feel tired as a result. I know it doesn't make sense but it happens to me sometimes.

5. Maybe you people just have to cut out stimulants from your lives. Try it.
  6. Never enough

coffee (or caffeine containing products in general) only start to make me sleepy after I pass the 2g of caffeine mark for the day
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    coffee (or caffeine containing products in general) only start to make me sleepy after I pass the 2g of caffeine mark for the day
    Same here. I drink SB coffee (venti drip has 400mg caffeine) all day long and I dose 400mg pre-workout. It's my crack!

8. Yeah sounds like adrenals are not recovering. Might be time to cut back on stims. I'm pretty much there too.

9. The adrenal thing, for me is not the issue. I take pre workouts on a rare occasion, and only drink coffee when I'm studying for an exam. So not even every week...

10. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    The adrenal thing, for me is not the issue. I take pre workouts on a rare occasion, and only drink coffee when I'm studying for an exam. So not even every week...
    how do you know adrenals aren't an issue? The only way you would know that is if you had 24 hour cortisol saliva tests done.

11. I agree on the cutting stims out thing, im currently moving towards this as i generally feel better. In time ill be there, and happy. Im at 175mg Caff 4-5 times a week.

12. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    how do you know adrenals aren't an issue? The only way you would know that is if you had 24 hour cortisol saliva tests done.
    I understand that. i know they could always be a reason why they are messed up, but i havent given them a reason to be. Coffee has had this affect on me ever since i had my first cup

and i cant cut stims out cause i dont take any!

13. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I understand that. i know they could always be a reason why they are messed up, but i havent given them a reason to be. Coffee has had this affect on me ever since i had my first cup

and i cant cut stims out cause i dont take any!

14. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    i dont drink coffee. havent in months. just everytime i do it makes me sleepy

15. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i dont drink coffee. havent in months. just everytime i do it makes me sleepy
    So then just don't drink it.

16. Coffee use to do that to me but only when I was burnt out. I use to drink coffee with 10 shots and call it the Superman then go bike 50 miles. Now I drink a few cups a day and chase it with Alpha T2 and it works ok. I can still drink a cup right before bed and have no problem sleeping.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

17. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So then just don't drink it.
    Haha

OP-In regards to experiencing this yes I have that issue when I'm burnt out. Besides the obvious T-bone have you ever ran into this problem?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

18. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Haha

OP-In regards to experiencing this yes I have that issue when I'm burnt out. Besides the obvious T-bone have you ever ran into this problem?
    I've cut out stimulants from my life for about 5 years or so now. Just recently decided to cut out coffee though it is a stimulant also. I seem to remember having a similar problem with coffee but I'm guessing it was because of being burnt out. I'm a bit hazy on that though since its been a long time.

19. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    if your adrenals can't handle the caffeine....then certainly.
    yep
    ether your dont react well (no very common besides axiety)
    or your dehydrated (DRINK WATER! before and after coffe many!)
    or your adrinal glands are shot/drained.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sleepy when bumping up the T
    By jjsafari in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 11:30 PM
  2. Too sleepy because of supps?
    By steam in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:24 PM
  3. Why do guys get sleepy after sex? interesting...
    By TheeBC in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 07:44 AM