Adrenal gland help!

SlyCamaro

Awards
Ok so I posted a thread a wiel back about being run down and no sex drive! I finished moving to my new house so that will help. Anyway I am pretty sure my adrenal gland function is shot! I have been taking pre workout supps non stop for 3 years, along with energy drinks. NOTHING works any more, my drive in the gym has gone down and so has my power! What kind of supp's can I take to get back, what else do I need to do... I know I should stay away from stims but for how long? Thanks for the help.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would go see a Doc and get some blood work done.

The adrenal has many different functions, from regulating blood volume, salts, body water; energy production; inflammation; and of course, the adrenal medulla that produces adrenalins (epi and NE).

However, the adrenal is signaled by the pituitary and the sympathetic nervous system. So, your pituitary may not be functioning correctly.

Then again, thyroid hormone also plays a role in arousal and energy production, so perhaps its an issue with the thyroid.

And, complicate matters further - stimulants interact with neurons in the brain and effect brain chemistry.

Caffiene antagonizes adenosine receptors in the brain to increase arousal. However, extended caff use results in an upregulation of adeno receptors (hence tolerance to caffiene). Ephedrine and other eph alkaloids also effect NE in the brain, as well as EPI release from the adrenals.

Stop the stimulants. Get some blood work done. Get healthy.

What is your resting HR and BP like? How do they react to exercise? Lets not forget prolonged usage of some stimulants increase risk of cardiovascular incidents.

Br

SlyCamaro

Awards
Resting hart rate is around 60-65 and my blood pressure is perfect. I just got checked out for work. My sex drive is getting better, I feel ok right now... I havent had any stims today. I picked up some adrenal cleanse I am going to start taking. We will see how my workout is today, I am having bad days and good days! Yesterday was a bad day, last week I had 2 strong days and 2 bad days!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good bro. just keep off the stims for a while. if you want to take a pre workout, try Lit Up. PM me if u want some samples. its not a strong stim at all. its more of a mental focus, although it does contain caffeine. lemme know if you are interested.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I posted a thread a wiel back about being run down and no sex drive! I finished moving to my new house so that will help. Anyway I am pretty sure my adrenal gland function is shot! I have been taking pre workout supps non stop for 3 years, along with energy drinks. NOTHING works any more, my drive in the gym has gone down and so has my power! What kind of supp's can I take to get back, what else do I need to do... I know I should stay away from stims but for how long? Thanks for the help.
I had a similar situation. Look up ashwaghanda(withania Somniferra) a adaptogen, It really is wonderfull. When I take 5g a day no more procrastination, great mood, libido is huge after a month, the energy and good mood happen in about 7-10 days with it. Strength goes up and I heal much faster. Truly think it should be rx for depression/mood, Give it a try throw in some other libido her, maca,trib, fenugreek or DAA. I get my ashwa from smaryt powders, they have a cheap sale on it and all those other herbs.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
doctors in india tell patients to take ashwaghanda for adrenal fatigue

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like what i went though.
For one are you eating enough?
It sounds alot like overtraining.
I actually stopped taking pre w/o and i do just as or better without.
Plus having a great personal trainer is helping even more(got tired of making a step forward then 10 back)
Almost overtrained yet again so i had no choice this time.
I had no energy during day laid down after almost every meal all because of training to hard for my diet and body.
Its getting so much better after only a couple days!
So i'd just kick it down a notch for a week or two and see how you feel.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Thanks for the info, that site is very helpfull! It sure does look like alot of what I have been going though.

Chico222

Awards
What's an adrenal cleanser? I've never heard of it before.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Try sea salt with iodine(1/4-1/2 tsps)3x day that will help restore them.