help with recomping my body

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I recently went on a "bulking cycle" where I ate 5000 cals a day and 400 grams of protein mostly from weight gainer shakes and went from 220 at 15% bf to 240 at 25% bf I since then have made decent changes to my diet and I'm following a template that iread on a thread called "the bulking primer" and I'm only using two shakes a day and am doing 6 normal whole food meals every 2 hours. I'm eating a lot of healthy fats and have dropped my caloies by 1k to 4000 cal on workout days and in the 3000's on my non workout days. I recently changed my workout routine from DC to wendlers 5/3/1 do to feeling like I wasn't ready and also feeling more fat and less strong. I'm doing HIIT on a treadmil 2 min med speed 30 seconds full speed 1 minute recovery for 10 mins strait. I do that twice weekly to help get back in shape. I'm currently supplementing tonalin cla, fish oil, ON gold standard whey, and dextrose+maltodextrin for postworkout carbs I've also ordered eviscerate smolder topical fat burner for my stubborn belly fat. I know this is a long post but I'm in desperate need of some help and would like anyones opinion and or thoughts about what I should do to turn my body more lean and strong

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll start with "the guy who wrote that article is a bonehead, and a master broscientist but has all the details wrong". I can list all the dumb broscience mistakes there if you'd like. You certainly don't need 2 shakes a day, nor do you need 400+ g of protein a day, nor do you need dextrose or maltodextrin postworkout. As a matter of fact, with eating solid foods as often as those meals, you don't need a post workout shake at all. chicken is still digesting and releasing aminos 4+ hours after eating, beef or pork 4-5 hours after eating, most seafood 3-4 hours after eating. What postworkout shake mostly will do is add fat as you'll have far more surplus protein than your body can do anything with, along with taking in a ridiculous amount of pure sugar. So your body will convert the protein to more glucose via gluconeogenesis, and then store it as fat as there will be too much surplus glucose. Separating fat + carbs is also just dumb and unnecessary, there isn't a shred of real evidence that it changes anything. Nor is there any evidence that 8 meals a day provides any benefit other than psychological over anything down to 2 meals a day....

So given all that, you didn't mention what you think your bodyfat is at now, and what your primary goal is. You are using a (goofy) diet made for a lean bulk, but it sounds like you want to lose fat more. It is FAR easier, and FAR faster to pick one of the two goals of adding muscle or loosing fat and approach them separately. Your earlier bulk sounds like it was mostly misguided, but not totally unsuccessful. If you have a certain leanness in mind, you are probably best off losing the fat till that leanness, then slowly lean bulking up to the size you want.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I want to lose fat but not strength. And damn lol that's what always happens when I google something. I want to recomp more than anything I hate cutting and end up losing only muscle so its not even an option. Please can u help by posting a sample diet on a link. Something along the lines of what a healthy 6ft2 240lb guy should be eating to stay and shape and build lean mass? I'm training with 5/3/1 right now and just want the strength gains without losing size. Please post me a CORRECT diet I'm tired of following what I read from idiots.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to lose fat but not strength. And damn lol that's what always happens when I google something. I want to recomp more than anything I hate cutting and end up losing only muscle so its not even an option. Please can u help by posting a sample diet on a link. Something along the lines of what a healthy 6ft2 240lb guy should be eating to stay and shape and build lean mass? I'm training with 5/3/1 right now and just want the strength gains without losing size. Please post me a CORRECT diet I'm tired of following what I read from idiots.
well, dont' feel bad, as probably thousands of people have used a diet like that because some big dude told them it was best.

Real world, its far far far easier/better to start with how you'd like to eat and what is easiest / convenient for you to eat, and then modify it to make it work.

And not that the diet is bad, but its unncessary to go to eating every 2 hours, and unnecessary to separate fats/carbs. You could follow that pretty successfully. You could also follow a 2 or 3 meals a day pattern and be as successful.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
So far I'm eating pretty good but have been keeping calories low as it was hard to have them high on that diet.

Breakfast
2 packets strawberry oatmeal
4 whole eggs
1 scoop whey protein
1 cup white lowfat milk
62 protein, 690 calories, 72 carbs, 25g fat

Pre-workout meal
1 can Tuna
1 tbsp olive oil
27 protein, 250 cal, 2 carbs, 16 fat

PWO shake
2 scoops whey
2 servings malto dextrin powder
48 protein, 620 cal, 94 carbs, 2 fat

Lunch
8oz tilapia
3/4 cup brown rice
68 protein, 737 cal, 96 carbs, 9 fat

Snack
1/2 apple

Pre dinner meal
8oz chicken breast
Veggies usually broccoli
50 protein, 268 cal, 4 carb, 4 fat

Dinner
8oz flank stea
1 cup spinach
48 protein, 368 cal, 4 carb, 14 fat

Before bed shake
3 scoops whey
1 cup white lowfat milk
80 protein, 490 cal, 20 carb, 5 fat

That's a usual workout day

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, thats an awful lot of whey for my liking. And the maltodextrin is a bit much postworkout if your goal is fatloss. Would be better to have the preworkout meal contain some brown rice or something, that would help with the workout more.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Would it be wise for me to use Neovar recomped while on my recomp? Or will I get too bloated like with other creatines

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its pretty nonbloating, so it would be a good choice

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
I have used a ton of different things for cutting, gaining, and cutting again.
The 2 that have made the largest difference to date are glycobol, and slin-sane. I will try need2slin when nutra gets it back in stock.

Other then those ec/at2/erase all work pretty good for the fat loss.
Gonna do another lean bulk for the next month , then do a nice month cut. Hoping to get to 160 but be solid !

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I used slin sane and didn't notice any difference. The only nutrient partitioner I've used that worked was anabolic pump

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
is that 3/4 cup dry brown rice? bc i dont think 3/4 cup cooked is 94g carbs

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
I used slin sane and didn't notice any difference. The only nutrient partitioner I've used that worked was anabolic pump
I haven't tried that one. I have to say though that with the current offerings from that company I am skeptical to try it. Last 2 things I tried from them did a lot of nothing for me.