5 good meals aday enough? - AnabolicMinds.com

5 good meals aday enough?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

5 good meals aday enough?

Hi guys im just woundering.... Im not looking in to any bodybulding job or anythin i just want to get lean

I was told 4 meals aday can be enogh ?? I was thinking this ..

8 am meal 1 .... 5 eggs 3 yolks 5 whites 80g of weetabix

12 pm meal 2 ..... 80g of oats with 120g of tunna

330pm meal 3 .... 240g steak with 100g beans

Then gym

630pm meal 4 ..... 400g of chicken with brown bred and some veg

9pm meal 5 ..... 200g of cottage cheese with beans??

See im 180bls and i dont look that big i mean my friend is 160bls and looks way bigger ?? More lean

I took a weight gainer twice more then i should the guy at the store lied! I gained 2 stone in like 3 months most of it is fat! I was comsuming 5000cals aday!! At 150bls or soo ( i dont look fat but i got it ) i look bulky for sure

Anyways just woundering will this be ok? Im going to be doin 20 mins cardio before everywork

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Without going crazy with diet stuff, the key is to eat every 3 hours. Don't go 4 if it's possible. Just eat something every 3, even if it's a protein shake or glass of milk. Once you establish a constant metabolism, you'll be well off.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Ok bro thanks alot for your reply
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

You should probably start to replace some of those carbs (oats, bread) with some more vegetables like broccoli and kale if you are really trying to get lean...Eating every 2-3 hours or so like bombat suggested also seems to help, even though some people do fine on larger, less frequent meals...
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Your daily macros is all that's important, whether one meal or ten. There are no benefits to eating several times a day as opposed to one unless it's convenient for you.
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1 good meal a day is enough.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drvinnybombat View Post
    Without going crazy with diet stuff, the key is to eat every 3 hours. Don't go 4 if it's possible. Just eat something every 3, even if it's a protein shake or glass of milk. Once you establish a constant metabolism, you'll be well off.
    sorry,total horse crap. No evidence anywhere that any number of meals more than 2 has any difference in metabolic effect. I will say that for some people the mental aspect of x number of meals vs y number may make a mental difference but no physical difference.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Senior Member

lol somebody missed the huge leangains thread
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Thanks for the reply, guys .. So what your saying is it don't matter how many meals i eat aday?? Huh lol?? I tjink it does right
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

It depends on how you feel.
    If eat every 4-5hrs i'll be hungry in 2-3 no matter if i ate 500cals or 2000cals.
    So i do a large breakfast(650-700cals)and avg 250-300 for snacks and 400-500lunch
    400-500 dinner and 225-300 pre bed
    This is my recovery plan with little training in morning its about 2400cals
    On full blown training days i eat 9x smaller meals but works well hits about 2900-3100cals which wasn't enough lost muscle and overreached.Yet again!
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    Thanks for the reply, guys .. So what your saying is it don't matter how many meals i eat aday?? Huh lol?? I tjink it does right
    1 meal is a bit iffy in terms of getting and digesting enough protein, but at 2 meals or more it only matters psychologically. It definitely is easier for some people to mentally deal with having more smaller meals, but in terms of body composition + metabolism it makes 0 difference.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Easy i wanna no how tu uno so much **** ?? Lol 4 real bro ... Im wanting to lose abit of bf like 2 3 pounds at the mommemt ... So im doing cardio 10 mins after and 10 mins before workout 5 days aweek il be eating around 2500
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

its because i'm a software developer so I approach things methodically and logically, and I have spare time on my hands I've learned how to weed out studies that although they maybe worked for someone to get their PHD don't mean anything from a practical perspective, which is critical, as there are so many conflicting studies.
    This space for rent

14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.

Yeah, I didn't mention macros at all. You cant eat 6 meals of Snickers Bars. But I really can't go along with the 1-2 meals a day thing. I'm not a nutritionist or anything, but I am in good shape. And I have heard about loading up on 2 big clean meals by some really strong guys, so I'm not saying it's total BS.

But those strong guys were fat. Fat, fat, fat. Deadlifting 600 easily is pretty awesome, but not when you're kinda sloppy fat. IDK, it's just the only empirical evidence I have is this hand full of guys.

Can someone please shoot me some links or testimony on the 1-2 meals thing? I can't trust the evidence I have so far.
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Yeah, I didn't mention macros at all. You cant eat 6 meals of Snickers Bars. But I really can't go along with the 1-2 meals a day thing. I'm not a nutritionist or anything, but I am in good shape. And I have heard about loading up on 2 big clean meals by some really strong guys, so I'm not saying it's total BS.

But those strong guys were fat. Fat, fat, fat. Deadlifting 600 easily is pretty awesome, but not when you're kinda sloppy fat. IDK, it's just the only empirical evidence I have is this hand full of guys.

Can someone please shoot me some links or testimony on the 1-2 meals thing? I can't trust the evidence I have so far.
    1 meal is very wishy washy, as there are issues with partial protein absorption when you are trying to get all of your days protein in 1 meal. I guess the better question is show me a study where 6 meals a day provides any benefit other than psychological over 2 or 3 But read the current article here for a bit of info on it
    http://www.leangains.com/

or this study is pretty good, showing no difference from 3-6

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985?ordinalpos=&itool=Ent rezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubm ed_ResultsPanel.SmartSearch&lo g$=citationsensor
    This space for rent

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

When i start my firsr cycle after christmaa you are the only guy im asking for advice easy bro for sure
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...scoveryDbLinks

Here's some reason to choose 2 meals over more than 2-3+

MPS needs to hit baseline in order to be restarted, opposed to a consistent level of protein consumption
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Wow thanks for that bro , im so confused because hoelw can sny1 get up to 2500 csls aday of only eating 2 meals i don't get it?? Things keep changing lol
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

It is pretty much totally up to you. I enjoy multi meals a day so that is what I do.
    ACSM-CPT
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Wel id pefer bt tu eat at all lol id love tu hav maccy everyday haa lol na but sure 2 mesls aday is not enuff lol
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  156 lbs.

Yeah good plan, pretty much the same as mien
  22. New Member

I think only one or two meal use in a day. This is best for every body. If we use more meals in a day then we face problems.
    Kutrik
  23. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Wow thanks for that bro , im so confused because hoelw can sny1 get up to 2500 csls aday of only eating 2 meals i don't get it?? Things keep changing lol
    well thats 1200-1300 calories per meal, and shooting for near 100g protein per meal right? so for a meal example

16oz flank steak - 106g protein, 32g fat, 735 calories
    sweet potato 1 cup cubed up, cooked, mashed 37g carbs, 4g protein 162 calories
    1/8 cup honey mixed with the potato 41g carbs, 152 calories
    1 oz pecans mixed into the potato 20g fat, 4g carb, 3g protein 193 calories
    1 cup broccoli 10g carbs, 6g protein 52 calories

so you've got 119g protein, 92g carbs (less the fiber, so more like 75-80), and 52g fats with a total of 1294 calories.
    This space for rent

24. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Ok so what your saying is 2 meals aday is fine? I thought every1 had to eat every 3 hours becsuse your body needs to refuil lol so confusin man lol wgat bwt breakfast?? What bwt after workout ? Post meal pre workour meal? Night time meal
  25. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

so long as you get the calories + protein from solid foods, it doesn't matter from 2 meals to however many.

More meals can be helpful mentally, in that when bulking some people have a hard time trying to take in 1500-2000 calories in each of 2 meals so breaking it up is simpler mentally. And when cutting, its sometimes mentally helpful to have the meals be frequent so you are always just a little hungry, never totally feeling empty and starving hungry. But as far as muscle growth/fat loss goes, eating the # of meals that fits your lifestyle and is convenient for you is all that matters.
    This space for rent

26. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Oh right ok so i was thinking can you give me 2 meals on a lean gain im trying to lean put abit losing bodyfat is hard lol im starting 10 min cardio and 10 min cardio after workout aswell
  27. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Well, you've got one up above there. Then for another you could do 2 chicken breasts, a cup of rice, a banana and some source of healthy fats.
    This space for rent

28. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Ok so Wgen you think its best to take them meals?? What bowt shakes??
  29. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

2-3 hours before your workout if it makes sense, and then 6 or 7 hours later more or less. Or break it into 3 meals. Shakes just aren't important if you get enough solid whole food in, but they don't particularly hurt.
    This space for rent

30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

1. I certainly feel it is tough trying to convert back to 4+ meals a day after eating only 2 meals. After experiencing the psychological pleasure from two large meals, it is tough, I guess psychologically to adjust back to multiple small meals, imo.

2. For those who choose 2 meals, do you or continue with only 2 meals during a cut?
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tubbednova View Post
    It depends on how you feel.
    If eat every 4-5hrs i'll be hungry in 2-3 no matter if i ate 500cals or 2000cals.
    So i do a large breakfast(650-700cals)and avg 250-300 for snacks and 400-500lunch
    400-500 dinner and 225-300 pre bed
    This is my recovery plan with little training in morning its about 2400cals
    On full blown training days i eat 9x smaller meals but works well hits about 2900-3100cals which wasn't enough lost muscle and overreached.Yet again!
    Not only do you have a few threads about this, your posting about it in others threads? Come on man.

Btw easy knows his stuff.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

If you read my threds its around duffrent topics man n i no easy knows his **** dat y i always ask him but yh fanks4 ya help again easy ima switch it to 2 large meals and breakfast i normal eat 7 meals aday lol thanks
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Lmao bro i thought you was talking about me!! Haha! Sorry man
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

If you read my threds its around duffrent topics man n i no easy knows his **** dat y i always ask him but yh fanks4 ya help again easy ima switch it to 2 large meals and breakfast i normal eat 7 meals aday lol thanks
    Sorry bro, but... WHAT? Couldn't understand jack sh!t of that message.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Nothing man lol
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

some people respond better to eating more smaller meals due to food cravings, but once you get used to having 2-3 large meals a day + whey its not that bad. the cravings go away after about 5-7 days (for me at least).
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Im going to give it a try i got college thesse year abd 7 meals aday aint possbile! Lol

Im just abit confused on how to prepare my food .. Pancakes in mash? Lmfao!!

Just need to sort out what im going to eat and how id do 3 meals aday
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2 large meals aday 1200cal each?
    By Pika in forum Bulking
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 04:18 AM
  2. Cheat meals that arent cheat meals
    By SouthernCharm in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 02:12 PM
  3. 4-5 meals a day is NOT good.