Sprinter + Keto/Anabolic Diet?

R

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
Can a competitive sprinter (200/400m) do a keto or anabolic diet during the off-season to stay lean? During off-season, its weight lifting 4 times a week with 30-60min runs 6 days a week.

I don't want to hurt my performance when I am in season and definitely don't want to cause any permanent damage to my body.. any ideas everyone?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can a competitive sprinter (200/400m) do a keto or anabolic diet during the off-season to stay lean? During off-season, its weight lifting 4 times a week with 30-60min runs 6 days a week.

I don't want to hurt my performance when I am in season and definitely don't want to cause any permanent damage to my body.. any ideas everyone?
I personally wouldn't recommend it - if you're a competitive sprinter, you should be able to stay lean in the off-season as easily as you stay lean during the in-season, especially since training does not let up.

~Rosie~

C

colange2

Awards
I do the same events as you, and I am currently trying the "100 gram carb cure" which is suggested by Chris Shugart on T-Nation. I basically consume moderate amounts of carbs only before and after workouts in the form of either quinoa or sweet potatoes, and all other meals consist of protein, fat, and green vegetables. I felt a little tired during my workouts the first week, but after that adjustment period I felt perfectly fine. I think this route would be worth a try for you if you are trying to stay lean but still maintain or improve performance.