Amount of casein in Greek yogurt?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried to search myself briefly and came up empty handed so I turned to you guys :D

I am looking for a protein breakdown of Greek yogurt, specifically the amount of whey and casein in the yogurt

Also not looking for what people think but an actual credible source as to the amounts of each protein in the yogurt.

I understand that this may vary between the different brands but there has to be a general amount that is in each

Thanks!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nevermind I found what I wanted to know :thumbsup:

K

kain1012

Awards
so share it!!!! :D

I wanna know!!!!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
yah share it i LOVE greek yogurt!

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
80% of the protein content should be casein and 20% should be whey as this is the typical breakdown of milk protein from which Greek yogurt is made.

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
80% of the protein content should be casein and 20% should be whey as this is the typical breakdown of milk protein from which Greek yogurt is made.
Can't find much either right off the bat, but that sounds about right. Greek yogurt is the ****! Have one with my can of tuna and whole wheat for break every day.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is basically what I found although I believe greek yogurt to have a lower whey and higher casein amount since specifically greek yogurt goes through an extra straining process which removes the excess liquid from the yogurt. This excess liquid consists of water and whey so this leads me to believe that the amount of casein to whey may might be slightly different.

K

kain1012

Awards
interesting

thanks for the info

so 80 casein
20 whey

T

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I really like it but for some reason if i eat it before bed i feel like crap in morning.
Don't get this with caisein or cottage cheese or any meat.

WorkingClass

WorkingClass

Awards
I really like it but for some reason if i eat it before bed i feel like crap in morning.
Don't get this with caisein or cottage cheese or any meat.
Are you eating one with lots of sugar? I havent seen one with HFC yet, but I know theres a couple with quite a bit of sugar in them. Sugar kills me the next morning. No matter what kind.