Postworkout question

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
This is what I'm currently doing. I'm just looking for some opinions/thoughts etc...to see if I should keep it up or maybe switch it up.

6.00-7.00 workout
Immediately postworkout I drink a scoop of whey protein isolate and some bcaa's.

My drive to work is 35 minutes and when I get there I eat some eggs/egg whites and white rice.

I'm trying to stick to whole foods so that's why I'm eating the white rice postworkout instead of a drink/supplement.

I feel eating when I get to work (before I start) sets me up for the next 2.5 - 3 hours.

So, what do you think?

Thanks. I'll rep.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good to me, but throw in some fruit in there as well with the eggs and rice.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
Sounds good to me, but throw in some fruit in there as well with the eggs and rice.
Suggested fruit?
I do like bananas and oranges, but if you have something else in mind, throw it my way.

ICEvilMonkeys

ICEvilMonkeys

Awards
I like to blend up Quaker Oatmeal into my morning shakes. It's packed with carbs and slows your digestion, which i believe leads to greater protein absorption.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
This is what I'm currently doing. I'm just looking for some opinions/thoughts etc...to see if I should keep it up or maybe switch it up.

6.00-7.00 workout
Immediately postworkout I drink a scoop of whey protein isolate and some bcaa's.

My drive to work is 35 minutes and when I get there I eat some eggs/egg whites and white rice.

I'm trying to stick to whole foods so that's why I'm eating the white rice postworkout instead of a drink/supplement.

I feel eating when I get to work (before I start) sets me up for the next 2.5 - 3 hours.

So, what do you think?

Thanks. I'll rep.
I rec 20-40g dextrose WITH your whey postWO then follow same thing you do.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I like to blend up Quaker Oatmeal into my morning shakes. It's packed with carbs and slows your digestion, which i believe leads to greater protein absorption.
i do this with my smoothys also and with a banana in there.

raptor20561

Awards

6.00-7.00 workout

So, what do you think?

Thanks. I'll rep.
Move the 10g bcaa to right before the workout along with some water. Post workout mix 30g whey into like 16oz 1% milk. If you cant take the lactose (like me) buy the lactose free milk or down 2 lactase pills with the milk.

Keep doing the egg and rice when you get to work, but the milk will def fill you up more than the whey and water your doing right now so you could probably get away with a little less rice. Just keep your macros in check with your diet and you're good!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
i dont drink milk... also many have allergies . some simple carbs with protein drink is more than enough
Yeah I am not full blown allergic to milk or dairy but milk is a no go for me, always has been

When one is making a post workout shake make sure you are getting a good amount of protein and carbs (depending on your macros)