The Great Cannabis Debate - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

The Great Cannabis Debate

Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    My searches pulled all the way back into the 50s into 2011... ironically many of them seem to come from Germany! I personally really have no stance on it at the moment so am always open to others opinions on it. Albeit, I firmly stand by the ability for mature adults to make their own decisions on the use of cannabis, especially in a climate like this where everyone is partaking anyway and we could tax the hell outta some Marlboro greens and gain stepping stone to resolving our deficit.

There are obviously medical benefits to MaryJane or otherwise pharma wouldn't have made Marinol, a synthetic THC.
    Very true. I'm also impartial, as I haven't smoked in a while, nor do I intend to. Just tired of being out of my right mind. But I am always willing to allow a responsible adult to do anything that only involves them. My problems arise when it begins to involve others (children, family members, friends, unsuspecting motorists, etc.)

Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    In response to anything from drugwarfacts.org

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"
    -Mark Twain

Find real evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    The purpose of this particular thread was to be academic (correct me if im wrong OP) with evidence based claims.

Im not opposed to opening it up to relation to bodybuilding but I wanna see numbers.
    There isn't much else to the topic of long term effects in the scientific field. So far, the only documented bad long term effects of smoking marijuana have to do with your lungs getting filled with tar and carbon. Any short term cognitive effects tend to go away after a while of not ingesting marijuana.

Strangely enough, marijuana can also cause anxiety during a come down from a high because of the anxiolytic effects of the high. The high relaxes you but as you come down you can experience anxiety that "rebounds" even stronger than it was before. But like the cognitive effects, this should return to normal if you don't blaze after a while.

At my university (UCR), there is one professor who is allowed to work with marijuana. He is the only one and it's very strictly monitored. As more professors are allowed to study it, we should find out more info on it as time comes.

This study shows just how complicated it all is:
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...24320505006727

"cannabinoids have other targets than CB receptors"

Not even the signalling mechanisms of cannabinoids are understood. If we don't know what it's signalling and setting off in the brain how can we even know what the effects are?

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the academic portion of this thread is exhausted. We just don't know what it does! So, just keep to the vaporizers and edibles to save your lungs (can't workout if you can't breathe) and keep on toking! If you smoke everyday, try taking a day or two off every month to keep your tolerance down, save money, and give your brain a break.

edit: if anyone else has some academic info please post it up--otherwise, on to personal experiences!
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

There are obviously medical benefits to MaryJane or otherwise pharma wouldn't have made Marinol, a synthetic THC.
    They're trying to figure out a way to copy it's pain relieving effects. Marinol sucks because it's only THC and weed contains "at least 66 other cannabinoids (cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN) and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), etc.) which can result in different effects from those of THC alone. "
    http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/66/1/95

A pain drug that's not (physically) addictive and can't cause an overdose is the holy grail of the pharmaceutical industry.

This is another interesting effect of thc... I wrote a bio paper on the topic.

"THC initiates brain cells to destroy themselves"
    http://www.worldhealth.net/news/thc_...cells_to_dest/
    •   

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by raptor20561 View Post
    They're trying to figure out a way to copy it's pain relieving effects. Marinol sucks because it's only THC and weed contains "at least 66 other cannabinoids (cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN) and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), etc.) which can result in different effects from those of THC alone. "

A pain drug that's not (physically) addictive and can't cause an overdose is the holy grail of the pharmaceutical industry.

This is incorrect a bit. Marinol is not a pain medication, but instead is intended for nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy. Also loss of appetite, as to hopefully avoid chronic weight loss in both cancer and aids patients.

I am sure there are some using off label use of it.
    The Historic PES Legend
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor20561 View Post

wow anti-cancerous benefits! ive never heard of that one, great news!
    BJJ = life
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

This is incorrect a bit. Marinol is not a pain medication, but instead is intended for nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy. Also loss of appetite, as to hopefully avoid chronic weight loss in both cancer and aids patients.

I am sure there are some using off label use of it.
    Probably because its pain relieving properties sucked so they had to figure out how else to market it in order to make money. Most of marijuana's pain properties come from the CBDs as opposed to the THC.

I doubt they sat down in the lab and decided to create a medication for nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite... but who knows maybe that was their intention. I think they were trying to make a pain med that ended up not testing well for pain management (or anything for that matter).
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    wow anti-cancerous benefits! ive never heard of that one, great news!
    Yup, in vitro at least. But don't go smoking marijuana thinking it's going to prevent cancer. If you're not vaping or baking, you're GREATLY increasing chances of lung disease.

"Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers"
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0123104017.htm

On top of that, unless you're growing your own **** the stuff you're smoking is full of pesticides, moldicides, and god knows what else. Never realized this until I started meeting a few growers and visiting their operations. They blast the plants early in order to prevent mold, mildew and pests (pests are more of a worry outdoors). Usually, growers stop a week or two before harvesting so that you're not smoking as much of the stuff; however, most growers continue spraying up until harvest as protection against anything that can ruin their 8+ weeks of hard work. Would you rather spray the weed you're growing up until harvest or risk loosing thousands of dollars of marijuana to mold or mildew? Most growers will spray...

I'm not so if its true that smoking cannabis can cause lung failure or lung cancer as previously mentioned. I think the lungs are resiliant ( think of all the pullutants we take in everyday ) and a little of bit added to that isn't going to cause issue. The native americans would smoke certain plants TO HELP THE LUNGS.... its a great way to get medicine directly to the area.

There were studies done with chronic cannabis smokers after 20 years showed no signs of lung disease. Compare this with the group that smoked cigarettes where a large protion did. I think cigs seem to be used as the comparison for any plant matter smoked in the minds of a lot of people and researchers, and that, if true is certainly unfair. Most smoked plant material does not have xxx hundreds of bad chemicals added to them. And its not like we are talking about people putting them mouths over a tailpipe or standing over a camp fire intentionally breathing in large quantities of smoke.... and yet back to the native population again, did they not often ( nightly ) sit around campfires?

That being said I probably think vapin is the way to go still. But I wouldn't worry too much about smoking it, there has been no correlation or scientific study that show cannabis causes lung failure/disease even with CHRONIC users over 20 years.
  9. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by protoculture View Post
    I'm not so if its true that smoking cannabis can cause lung failure or lung cancer as previously mentioned. I think the lungs are resiliant ( think of all the pullutants we take in everyday ) and a little of bit added to that isn't going to cause issue. The native americans would smoke certain plants TO HELP THE LUNGS.... its a great way to get medicine directly to the area.

There were studies done with chronic cannabis smokers after 20 years showed no signs of lung disease. Compare this with the group that smoked cigarettes where a large protion did. I think cigs seem to be used as the comparison for any plant matter smoked in the minds of a lot of people and researchers, and that, if true is certainly unfair. Most smoked plant material does not have xxx hundreds of bad chemicals added to them. And its not like we are talking about people putting them mouths over a tailpipe or standing over a camp fire intentionally breathing in large quantities of smoke.... and yet back to the native population again, did they not often ( nightly ) sit around campfires?

That being said I probably think vapin is the way to go still. But I wouldn't worry too much about smoking it, there has been no correlation or scientific study that show cannabis causes lung failure/disease even with CHRONIC users over 20 years.
    Isn't all the talk about respiratory damage concerning combustion of the herbal matter? Smoke will always be smoke and it will never be beneficial to the human body. There's a reason why people run out of burning buildings aside from the fear of being burned alive. Smoke inhalation is what kills people during fires--not so much the actual fires. Know what I mean?

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    Isn't all the talk about respiratory damage concerning combustion of the herbal matter? Smoke will always be smoke and it will never be beneficial to the human body. There's a reason why people run out of burning buildings aside from the fear of being burned alive. Smoke inhalation is what kills people during fires--not so much the actual fires. Know what I mean?
    This is correct. Regardless of how many burning chemicals, inhaling carcinogens are a detriment to lung tissue. Not to mention there is a reason peoples smoking utensils become clogged with "Resin".
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. purebred

This is correct. Regardless of how many burning chemicals, inhaling carcinogens are a detriment to lung tissue. Not to mention there is a reason peoples smoking utensils become clogged with "Resin".
    Regarding to your post which I responded to then, doesn't this contradict the first part/paragraph of that post? Regardless of what you're smoking, if you're "smoking" it (i.e. by means of combustion) then the detrimental effects on the lungs will present themselves, no?

Regarding to your post which I responded to then, doesn't this contradict the first part/paragraph of that post? Regardless of what you're smoking, if you're "smoking" it (i.e. by means of combustion) then the detrimental effects on the lungs will present themselves, no?
    I believe you got me confused with Protoculture.
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. purebred

I believe you got me confused with Protoculture.
    You're absolutely right. I'm highly sleep-deprived and stressed out about my exam tomorrow LOL Sorry about that brother!!
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The title should be self-explanatory and fairly suggestive. With so much controversy surrounding the pot issue, I wanted to get a feel for what you folks here at AM believe and think. I want this thread to remain as factual, scientific and non-bias as possible. None of that "I think weed is bad because my friend does it and he's a loser" or "Well, I don't believe in smoking weed because it's bad for you..my mommy told me so!"

#1: You don't have to believe in something for it to exist. Your approval never has been/will be/is required for the world to keep turning
    #2: Let's get some originality going in this thread. Most threads like this turn to crap because some knucklehead gets all emotional about the way someone "typed" something that appeared to be disrespectful. It's the internet, folks. Leave your problems at the door.

None of us our scientists but it doesn't mean we have to judge anyone for a personal choice they make. There should be no low-blows, name-calling and any foul play on here. I want all participants in this thread to do their utmost in presenting the FACTS with references. No "facts" w/o references. That's called opinion.

Now that we have that little disclaimer out of the way: What is the big deal with pot? Anyone seen "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High"? Great eye-opener for the topic of cannabis/hemp.

What are the documented negative effects of occasional use of marijuana?
    (We're not talking about someone who smokes 10 grams every day, alone BTW)
    I have watched this. VERY good watch
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

its not the same when it comes to Cannabis. there are alot od chemicals that are good for you in there. yes the smoek is bad but its mor egood then bad over all. for eg for the sake of an example:
    smoke form smoking it is 4 out of 10 bad.
    the chemicals in it are 5 out of 10 good
    leavign you with +1 which means your still in the positive health wise.

now i knwo thats a waird exmple.

but i have read studys on SMOKERS of cannabis and smokers of cannabise + tobacco and smokers of just tobacco.

results: even the ones smoking tobacco AND cannabis where healther then smokers of tobacco alone......
    here is a vide on it:
    YouTube - ‪Dr. Donald Tashkin Marijuana Lung Cancer Study Pt 1 of 2‬‏
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GJmQ16cGBHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there are a BUNCH out there mostly in europe and other parts of the world , nto as many in USA or Canada.

I do beleave smoke is bad for you (liek you do) as it always will be but i beleve the positives far outweigh the negitives health wise.
    so smokign weed IS good for you is my op (to an extent ass too much of anyhtign will be bad for you , even water,im talking a couple grams a day not a couple ounces)
    I beleave its good for fighting cancers (some) and i beleave it shoudl be legal.

herer are a few random vids i remember on hand:
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/0tghUh4ubbg
    EVOLUTION OF cannabanoid receptores:
    YouTube - &#x202a;Science - Humans Wired For THC From Sea Squirt. Via Evolution&#x202c;&rlm;
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

ANOTHER GREAT VIDEO:
    RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story
    YouTube - &#x202a;RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Part 1 of 7)&#x202c;&rlm;
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I like to smoke at night.
    help me sleep and i beleave it make me healther.
    it will make me lazy wich is my only complaint, but then again i use it at night to help me sleep and dull the back pain from my car accident which also helps me sleep, so lazyness it not as much of an issue. it is if i smoke during day and have alot to do..
    LG Sciences Board Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    I like to smoke at night.
    help me sleep and i beleave it make me healther.
    it will make me lazy wich is my only complaint, but then again i use it at night to help me sleep and dull the back pain from my car accident which also helps me sleep, so lazyness it not as much of an issue. it is if i smoke during day and have alot to do..
    Were you high when you typed this beautiful post?
    The Historic PES Legend
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

HAHAHAHAHA! I seriously said the SAME EXACT THING! Dude needs to concentrate on ONE task at hand!
  20. purebred

Honestly, I have too much going on to have time to be high LOL. I've stopped smoking. It definitely doesn't enhance my studying since my memory is affected. I don't have time for it. I'm not one of those "functional pot users". I'd probably function better on a glass of wine.l
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Honestly, I have too much going on to have time to be high LOL. I've stopped smoking. It definitely doesn't enhance my studying since my memory is affected. I don't have time for it. I'm not one of those "functional pot users". I'd probably function better on a glass of wine.l
    Me too! There's NO way I could go to school, and be a pothead, even if not high during class. Just couldn't do it!
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.

Carl Sagan blew the **** outta some cheebah and he's probably one of the top 30 smartest people in all of civilization ever, so if the academic nature of this conversation is scaring people away, read that and not the rest of this post.

There are POTENTIAL neural benefits, increased NGF (but could possibly lead to earlier on-set schizophrenia in those susceptible), anti-acetylcholinesterase activity, ghrelin activity, etc. There are POTENTIAL other medicinal benefits for diabetes, cancer, pain relief, fibromyalgia, nausea, protection against ocular disease, etc. However, because of the American propoganda machine, studies against marijuana should be taken worth a grain of salt, and studies in favor of marijuana are still infantile and there is still much to be discussed and discovered.

What we know for sure is that many people truly do benefit from marijuana over other drugs given, the lethal dose in unheard of, the toxic dose is theoretical, and the therapeutic dose is relatively low. It's cheap, effective, and MUCH safer than 99% of other psychiatric medications, as well as most other medications. It widespread use for as long as civilization has existed is a testament to it's safety, ease of growth, and benefits.

Here's a stat: tobacco related deaths per year: ~459,000
    alcohol: ~150,000
    marijuana: ~0

Now there are potential clinical benefits to moderate use of both tobacco and alcohol as well, but that is NOT why people use alcohol and tobacco. So how hypocritcal is it that the ONLY way marijuana, a naturally growing plant, can be used is for medicinal purposes? We could get into the history of marijuana, why it was made illegal, unjustly listed as a Schedule 1 drug, why it remains illegal because of pharmaceutical and corporate interest as well as rogue agencies clamoring for more funding, but that is really irrelevant because we ALL know it's stupid.

What is really relevent in AMERICA today is the mounting deficit that we have accumulated, and these are the things legalizing marijuana (or all drugs for that matter) could do. Anti-drug enthusiasts love to pretend the prohibition of the 20's didn't happen, but it did. What happened to that? Well the Mob got rich, alcohol consumptino didn't decline, crime went up.

Why would we employ the same strategy again? The main source of income for gangs is drug money, how do we take that away? Well, maybe take the money out of their hands and give it to the government through taxes. Billions of dollars could be generated just from the TAXES of marijuana.

In addition to less gang activity, the main problem at the border in both the US and Mexico is drug running. This could instantly be emaliorated. When drug dealers DON'T want you to legalize something, maybe you shoudl consider legalizing. Now that there aren't drugs crossing the border, this frees up border agents to prevent further illegal immigration if that's your thing, too.

We have a HUGE problem with prison overcrowding, especially in California as we have recently see. 1 million are non-violent drug users, and half of federal prisoners are in for drug crimes. Prison reform's another story entirely, so I wont' get into that.

A huge problem with the drug market is the merging of soft and hard drugs. Make soft drugs OTC, kids won't be exposed to cocaine by their drug dealer when they go buy weed. Obviously I don't think drugs should be allowed in schools either, but that's a stupid point considering alcohol and tobacco are legal, so just make 18 the legal age. Marijuana use among college students is astounding already anyway.

All we're doing by making marijauna illegal is perpetuating the hydra effect and profit paradox. Because marijuana is so easy to grow, cracking down makes it harder to get away with, but only hard enough to drive up the cost of drugs and potential reward of dealing *profit paradox*. The *Hydra Effect* is that of which when one operation is shutdown, it's so easy to grow that two more pop up elsewhere.

Finally, we've established tobacco and alcohol are much more dangerous and harmful than marijuana. Use of marijuana COULD decrease use of both of these drugs, which is a big reason why the number 1 contributers to anti-drug commercials are tobacco and alcohol companies. What about K2? It is a much more dangerous alternative to marijauna created only because marijuana is illegal.

And forgetting all of that, even though the Tea Partyers are douchebags, they are correct that government has no place legislating our morality or personal decisions that don't adversely affect anyone else.
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm I hate getting into political or non-fitness related discussions on this board, but I'll leave you with this article about cutting lung cancer tumors in half in rats using marijuana.

@Skeetkwando on twitter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

no i was rushing because I needed to go but liked the thread lol
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    Ya know, that DUI may be the best thing to ever happen to me in my life (although it is still very difficult financially even 6 years later). I was going down the WRONG path at that time (very self-destructive), and after the DUI, I decided to straighten out my life (already had two drug-charges before the DUI). Now, I'm an Air Force veteran, and straight-A college student aspiring to be a Computer Programmer. Never saw any of this in my future back then, and I thank God all the time that I was stopped before I killed someone (or myself), ruined my future, or both!
    Don't use this in this forum as evidence that MJ is harmful. I know plenty of people who "abuse" it in very prestigious colleges, and they are some of the most brilliant, intelligent, driven, natural leaders out of everyone I have met.

If someone is going to go down the wrong path, they will do so anyways. These people will seek out drugs as an escape. Drugs. Not just MJ. Anything that will help them ignore their suppressed emotional issues.

However, most normal, happy people do not use MJ as an escape, but rather as an extremely beneficial stress reduction tool, alternative to the extremely dangerous alcohol and tobacco products.

The health benefits of this non-carcinogenic, non-toxic to liver, stress-relieving chemical that is produced naturally by a plant far exceed the negatives. And by benefits I mean a significantly increased life span due to a decrease in chronic stress levels as well as a happier, more relaxed and easy-going persona. (Not to mention the developing medical potential of the plant as it is studied more and more-- shown to slow tumor growth and reverse Alzheimer's, among other wonder-effects that no other pharmaceutical agents have come close to imitating)
    And by negatives I mean temporarily paralyzed cilia of the lungs. Which is not permanent, nor harmful to general health. And can be avoided through oral ingestion or vaporization.

Based on personal interactions with and long-term observations of habitual users, I have consistently come to the conclusion that a person's emotional state greatly benefits from habitual use of MJ. In addition, these people usually tend to develop improved moral sets and a greater ability to understand abstract concepts.

The only negative personality changes result from an obsession with money developed from dealing, which is only a problem due to the illegal nature of the plant.

Finally, the greatest benefit I could see is for habitual alcohol and tobacco users to drop these destructive habits and turn to a more effective alternative that has absolutely no health detriments that cannot be avoided.
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    Ha, I just found that Schedule II drugs (which are "more accepted" than Schedule I) include: Cocaine, Morphine, Oxycodone, Ritalin, and Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine). Schedule III: Valium, Xanax, Codeine, Hydrocodone, etc.

So now, to recap, according to our government:
    Marijuana has no medicinal value, and is more unsafe than: Cocaine, Morphine, Oxycodone, Ritalin, Dexedrine, Valium, Xanax, Codeine, Hydrocodone,

and is as unsafe as: Heroin, LSD, and Ecstasy!

Do we really need a research study to get marijuana scheduled differently? Probably not. As such, I believe this is pretty clear evidence of a federal bias against marijuana, for whatever reason, but to think that bias wouldn't carry over into it's decisions on what marijuana studies to fund is, I believe, kinda ludicrous.
    I like what you are trying to say. But you are giving MJ and yourself a bad rap in the process. Educate yourself about the science of these chemicals before you lay claim to their effects.

Heroin extremely negatively alters your brain chemistry after a single administration. Don't do it. Not even once.

The schedule II substances that should all be schedule I are not because lobbyists for pharmaceutical companies (with nearly unlimited lobbying funds) ensure that they can continue to market these drugs for monetary gain. They also lobby to keep MJ illegal, since it would blow almost all pharmaceutical anti-anxiety, anti-depression, and chronic painkiller drugs away in terms of effectiveness and safety (because you can't patent nature, and THC alone does not exhibit the benefits that the MJ plant does with its various CBD's in addition to THC.)

LSD and Ecstasy are like MJ. They are wonder drugs with amazing, mind-blowingly effective potential for psychiatric use in depression, end-of-life anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, correcting negative personality qualities, among many other proven medical uses. However, a few idiots who can't handle their sh** made a bad case for these as well and managed to have these made illegal. LSD was propagated by the US Government among its military. The government supported its use, and did use it, on a massive scale. LSD was only made illegal due to its very fast gain in popularity across the country, and mainly due to a very small amount of "bad trips" that helped people identify their suppressed issues, and usually those people actually solved those problems once they realized they were present.

Timothy Leary, Albert Hofmann, and Alexander Shulgin were some of the most brilliant men to grace this planet. They realized the psychotherapeutical potential for such chemicals, but unfortunately, the lesser intelligent members of the country began to abuse these drugs like they would any others, and destroyed the potential these drugs may have had in medical practice.
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I just pray people have the balls to stand up and do what is right rather than do what many currently do- blame their own failures on a substance.

Sugar (sucrose) is extremely addictive. Far more so than THC. Think about that.

Drugs are chemicals ingested for their ability to induce a specific physiological response. By definition, every food and drink you consume is actually a mix of drugs your body requires just to function. Higher levels of certain nutrients and vitamins stimulate positive physiological responses that most people do not experience, as they are nutritionally deficient. Maybe everyone is just THC deficient. Woah.

It is the average American's nature to put money first, with morals and health behind that. This is why we still create energy using fossil fuels, have failed health and education systems, and continue to prosecute those people who are intelligent enough to realize what is right and wrong in this country and consequently stand up against some idiotic laws put into place often simply for personal political interests rather than in the interest of the country and it's people.
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Hey guys can marijuana lower my test levels? I'm not talking about regular use. Basically I'll be straight with u guys, I've liked this girl for about 4 years but she has a bf and she smokes weed alot and we're good friends. I told her I'd smoke with her once, but I don't like doing anything that lowers testosterone. If I smoke it will it mess up my workout week?
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that marijuana definitely has something hormonal about it (so do cigarettes). Anything that alters your mood plays with your hormones (for the most part). Stimulants alter cortisol/dopamine/prolactin, narcotics alter estrogen/testosterone/dopamine/prolactin, hallucinagens alter dopamine/prolactin, as such, one can only assume marijuana would alter at least dopamine and prolactin (which is negatively inhibited by dopamine, and the lack of dopamine would mean the rise in prolactin). Not to mention a lot of potheads have gyno...just sayin!
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

I don't think many people know that THC, in it's synthetic form known as Marinol, is in fact legal under federal law and is schedule III (available by perscription, considered to be non-narcotic, and to have low risk of physical and mental dependence as defined by the Controlled Substances Act) and the natural form of THC, Marijuana, is schedule I. (the drug has high potential for abuse, or the drug has no currently accepted medical use as defined by the Controlled Substances Act) There's also a little saying, god made weed, man made beer, in god we trust.

As far as side effects, I've experienced none.
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Don't plan on doing it often, just don't want it to mess up my workout week. This girl is hot too....so yeah lol
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I'm not worried at all about weed lowering my test. lol.

I enjoy it more than a couple times a week and it never affects my workouts.. Now alcohol, that will affect my workouts!
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.

i always found that bulking on post-workout pot was far easier. it makes me eat and sleep (two major anabolic factors) and it dilates blood vessels, making sure your muscles get oxygen. only downside was the decreased motivation if i smoked PRE work out (and your work out will suck too, so it's best saved for afterwards.)

not to mention it kills the muscle pain!

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2 great stories; one great impact
    By sweet-physique in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
  2. hannity and colmes great debate
    By warnerve in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 12:46 AM
  3. Great deals from Great Companies!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
  4. Great Debate: Glutamine worth the money??
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 06:22 PM