Sodium & others????

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Im currently on a low carb diet and i noticed ive been focussed on the 3 main groups of FAT - CARBS - and -Protein...and calories of course.

what about all the other things on the nutritional facts label? like soidum, cholesteral, etc? how should i be monitoring the other things?

thanks

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
omega 3 to 6 content and ratio in your healthy fats.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fat/carbs/protein are the main things, and if you are primarily eating natural and minimally processed foods with fresh fruits and vegetables, you don't have to worry much about those other details. Of course if most of your food has a label, then its probably processed and iffy :)

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
none of what i eat is processed. but seasoning and dressings have sodium in it...just curious to see how i should monitor those things

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you aren't seeing blood pressure issues or bloating then sodium isn't really an issue. Cholesterol dietarily is meaningless. Probably the only thing to look for is any trans fats, and avoid them.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
ok. thanks bro, thats the answer i was looking for...

as far as bloating, my understanding of it is just retention on water weight??? occasionally (once in a while, not every few days) i feel bloated... does that mean i just ate alot of food with sodium in it? and if so, is it really a bad thing?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
more looking bloated. feeling bloated could be any of a ton of things, often its high fiber or high carb meals.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Im currently on a low carb diet and i noticed ive been focussed on the 3 main groups of FAT - CARBS - and -Protein...and calories of course.

what about all the other things on the nutritional facts label? like soidum, cholesteral, etc? how should i be monitoring the other things?

thanks
increase sodium, magnesium, up potassium a tad, and hit that calcium.