Sodium & others????
- 04-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Sodium & others????
Im currently on a low carb diet and i noticed ive been focussed on the 3 main groups of FAT - CARBS - and -Protein...and calories of course.
what about all the other things on the nutritional facts label? like soidum, cholesteral, etc? how should i be monitoring the other things?
- 04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
- 04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Fat/carbs/protein are the main things, and if you are primarily eating natural and minimally processed foods with fresh fruits and vegetables, you don't have to worry much about those other details. Of course if most of your food has a label, then its probably processed and iffyAnimis Rep
04-19-2011, 05:27 PM
none of what i eat is processed. but seasoning and dressings have sodium in it...just curious to see how i should monitor those things
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
if you aren't seeing blood pressure issues or bloating then sodium isn't really an issue. Cholesterol dietarily is meaningless. Probably the only thing to look for is any trans fats, and avoid them.
04-19-2011, 05:33 PM
ok. thanks bro, thats the answer i was looking for...
as far as bloating, my understanding of it is just retention on water weight??? occasionally (once in a while, not every few days) i feel bloated... does that mean i just ate alot of food with sodium in it? and if so, is it really a bad thing?
04-19-2011, 05:35 PM
more looking bloated. feeling bloated could be any of a ton of things, often its high fiber or high carb meals.
04-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By BigDro in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 12Last Post: 10-31-2010, 06:57 PM
- By TerribleTowel in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 10Last Post: 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM
- By kerdem1977 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2006, 03:35 PM
- By Bildo_21 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
- By skratch in forum AnabolicsReplies: 15Last Post: 05-22-2006, 04:36 AM