What is your pre workout meal?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. What is your pre workout meal?


    mine is 6 boiled egg whites with a chicken breast
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount


  2. Oatmeal,or bananas, depending on what type of macros for that day. Only maybe 20 gr of protein or so. Usually food, no whey. Chicken, or lean beef pattie.

  3. I lift fasted. Dont eat til after.
    •   
       


  4. chicken and brown rice and some walnuts or fish oil mixed in with it.

  5. 4 eggs, 4oz 90% lean ground beef, 3 slices fat free cheese 1 cup brown rice most amazing omelet ever! I sometimes use canned chicken instead of beef.


  6. English muffin w/ Adams peanut butter and some honey, one scoop of protein mixed with water.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    I lift fasted. Dont eat til after.
    Same here.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  8. Today it was a cup of rice pilaf, a cup of mixed veg (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), and two chicken breasts about four hours before the workout. Yesterday I had 4 cups of raw spinach and two cups of chicken, white bean, and corn chili about three hours before the workout. Typically I eat a large meal three to five hours before the workout, but the whole day contributes to glycogen storage. If I don't keep my calories up starting with breakfast, my evening workout suffers. I know this differs between individuals but I was rarely satisfied enough with my energy levels and fueling capabilities to make my morning workouts as productive as my evening workouts. And I like my blood supply to be focused on either digestion or muscles, not both simultaneously when possible.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    I lift fasted. Dont eat til after.
    I still don't understand why someone would lift fasted. Can someone start a thread on this? The whole idea of not having food in my stomach freaks me out.


  10. Oatmeal and Whey protein

    Or

    Extra lean burger on wholegrain buns and fruit smoothie
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  11. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Oatmeal and Whey protein

    Or

    Extra lean burger on wholegrain buns and fruit smoothie
    Yumm! I've been eating A LOT of Sam's Club 90% lean burgers. They're 4oz and I take 2 with a whole wheat bread and 2 slices of fat free cheese. Over 60 grams of protein and taste AWESOME!


  12. ive tried that whole lifting on an empty stomach thing. i HATED it. i felt sooo dizzy throughout my whole workout and felt so weak. i need some food, fats and protein to get me to have a powerful workout!
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  13. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    ive tried that whole lifting on an empty stomach thing. i HATED it. i felt sooo dizzy throughout my whole workout and felt so weak. i need some food, fats and protein to get me to have a powerful workout!
    Amen


  14. Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    I lift fasted. Dont eat til after.
    ^^ This

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I still don't understand why someone would lift fasted. Can someone start a thread on this? The whole idea of not having food in my stomach freaks me out.


    Please don't tase me


    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    ive tried that whole lifting on an empty stomach thing. i HATED it. i felt sooo dizzy throughout my whole workout and felt so weak. i need some food, fats and protein to get me to have a powerful workout!
    I dont lift truly fasted, I have a steady flow of BCAAs all around my workout.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  15. Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)


  16. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)


    I know a couple of the old USP guys trained fasted, kind of where I first got the idea from Snagency and Muletsolider both did bunches of post on the subject and our very own David Dunn (board admin) used to have a journal on the boards and trained fasted.

    Did you want me to try and dig up some old school bodybuilders or strong man that trained fasted? Remember this may seem new to a lot of people, IF is doing a great job of popularizing this, but this practice, idea, and theory has been around for a long time.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  17. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I know a couple of the old USP guys trained fasted, kind of where I first got the idea from Snagency and Muletsolider both did bunches of post on the subject and our very own David Dunn (board admin) used to have a journal on the boards and trained fasted.

    Did you want me to try and dig up some old school bodybuilders or strong man that trained fasted? Remember this may seem new to a lot of people, IF is doing a great job of popularizing this, but this practice, idea, and theory has been around for a long time.
    Start a mother fcuking thread or find me one, lol


  18. One cup cooked steel-cut,1/4c pumpkin seeds ground up,1scoop stawberry or cinnamon whey,1/2 bananna.(stawberry taste best)But i'd eat the ass out of a cow!Always hungry.

  19. it gets expensive, who said can chicken ?
    http://howtobecomeabodybuilderinfo.co m/how-to-become-a-bodybuilder-the-mental-steps-of-great-accomplishments/

  20. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)
    My friend and longtime training partner is over 300 and usually lifts fasted. Hell, he barely gets in 3000kcals consistently. He just doesn't like food that much. Yes, he's a genetic freak and I hate him for it.

    As for me, I have 12oz coconut milk, 50g mixed protein (egg/whey/micellar), 1-2 servings of fruit, and 1-2oz of EVOO (sometimes).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  21. is there a way to deviate la little bit on ?
    http://howtobecomeabodybuilderinfo.co m/how-to-become-a-bodybuilder-the-mental-steps-of-great-accomplishments/

  22. 4 pieces of whole wheat, extra fiber, HFCS free toast with a huge gob of natty P-butter on each and drizzled with honey.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by becomebodyb View Post
    it gets expensive, who said can chicken ?
    I did.


  24. I will post pics up some day. I usually wake up at 5 and at the gym by 5:45-6. I have been doing it for years and never had a problem reaching whatever goals I have set.

  25. I was juust about to post on here that same question I eat two pb&j sandwiches before I workout with sunflower seed and peanuts on then, is this bad I'm in a mass cycle right now though is this bad for me to do? Should I be eating something healthier or different ?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    I will post pics up some day. I usually wake up at 5 and at the gym by 5:45-6. I have been doing it for years and never had a problem reaching whatever goals I have set.
    Please do. I am kinda wanted to try this whole fasted training thing. It would work better for me since I workout early in the day.


  27. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)
    Check out lean gains. I train fasted as well with the consumption of bcaa's.

  28. I don't train fasted per se as I've eaten about 4 meals before I work out (at 4-6pm), but I never consume anything an hour before training, especially if squatting or deadlifting. I'm asking for trouble if I do.

  29. 1 C Oats
    Blueberries
    2 Whole Eggs
    2 Eggs Whites
    Yogurt

  30. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I still don't understand why someone would lift fasted. Can someone start a thread on this? The whole idea of not having food in my stomach freaks me out.
    Ive played with different timing and macros for a pre workout meal and no matter what I do I get sick to my stomach. I do on sip bcaas though throughout the the afternoon and intra workout.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)
    also i just noticed this I am 220+ as well

  32. Quote Originally Posted by ticco View Post
    Ive played with different timing and macros for a pre workout meal and no matter what I do I get sick to my stomach. I do on sip bcaas though throughout the the afternoon and intra workout.
    I can eat a big ass meal and hit the gym 30 mins later with no problem. In high school we used to eat some chicken in the middle of out workouts lol I agree with the BCAA pre, intra and post


  33. ya i take body mortar for bcaa's
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  34. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I still don't understand why someone would lift fasted. Can someone start a thread on this? The whole idea of not having food in my stomach freaks me out.
    It's a personal preference thing, really. I have trained fasted and unfasted - unfasted moreso in my cycling days, when I would chuck several thousand calories down and immediately go our training or race. Nowadays if I'm doing 2-a-day training sessions, I will have had some meals before my second session, but I generally try and make that at least 2-4 hours after eating food. I definitely prefer to train fasted (whether my training is only an hour or ~4 hours), on an empty stomach, first thing, because I feel a whole lot better for it, and whether I train fasted or unfasted honestly makes no difference to my performance (except if I have food in my stomach, I will often feel nauseous throughout my training) or results re progress and goals.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  35. i train around 5:45 at night, so i usually have about 3 meals down before my preworkout "meal", 1/2 cup oats in 20 grams whey, 20 grams caesin, but i drink that about 1 1/2 hours before training since like rosie said, having to much in the stomach sucks for training

    but when i used to train fasted, one time i felt really weak and shaky, and i can't do that again, so i stopped training completely fasted

  36. usually just down a protein bar an hour before, and then some waxy/bcaa/etc.. when i walk into the gym. Thinkin of replacin the bar with some pasta/chicken and see how if the fullness effects me at all
    Applied Nutriceuticals Lipotrophin-AM/PM Log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/173270-japs-cuttin-summer.html#post2832457

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It's a personal preference thing, really. I have trained fasted and unfasted - unfasted moreso in my cycling days, when I would chuck several thousand calories down and immediately go our training or race. Nowadays if I'm doing 2-a-day training sessions, I will have had some meals before my second session, but I generally try and make that at least 2-4 hours after eating food. I definitely prefer to train fasted (whether my training is only an hour or ~4 hours), on an empty stomach, first thing, because I feel a whole lot better for it, and whether I train fasted or unfasted honestly makes no difference to my performance (except if I have food in my stomach, I will often feel nauseous throughout my training) or results re progress and goals.

    ~Rosie~
    Im in the same boat Rosie. I tell no difference between fasted and something in the tank as far as performance goes. I never get nauseated or light headed or anything of that sort. I kind of feel like my breakfast is better utilized when I train fasted. May or may not be psychological but I feel like why change anything if things are going well? Im glad im not an oddball and there are others that train fasted.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)
    I'm 258 and lift fasted. Well not really fasted, I sip on Purple Wraath.

  39. Thanks for all the comments on training fasted. I used to do cardio fasted and feel like Shti after not to mention I looked like I weighed only 180 pounds... I started drinking 30 grams WPI and after an hour of cardio I still look full and pumped. I still wanna try weight training fasted just to see if there's a difference in pump


  40. Plus if I eat before a workout I have a crap ass workout. Also it makes me feel sick to my stomach.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pre Workout Meal - Fat or No Fat?
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 01:57 AM
  2. Pre workout meal
    By vette00 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
  3. Workout and Meal Help
    By skinnyBAR10dr in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
  4. pre workout meal
    By Farmboy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 06:41 PM
  5. Pre-Workout meal?
    By NPursuit in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 09:54 PM
Log in
Log in