Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mine is 6 boiled egg whites with a chicken breast

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Oatmeal,or bananas, depending on what type of macros for that day. Only maybe 20 gr of protein or so. Usually food, no whey. Chicken, or lean beef pattie.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
chicken and brown rice and some walnuts or fish oil mixed in with it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4 eggs, 4oz 90% lean ground beef, 3 slices fat free cheese 1 cup brown rice most amazing omelet ever! I sometimes use canned chicken instead of beef.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
English muffin w/ Adams peanut butter and some honey, one scoop of protein mixed with water.

elabor

elabor

Awards
Today it was a cup of rice pilaf, a cup of mixed veg (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), and two chicken breasts about four hours before the workout. Yesterday I had 4 cups of raw spinach and two cups of chicken, white bean, and corn chili about three hours before the workout. Typically I eat a large meal three to five hours before the workout, but the whole day contributes to glycogen storage. If I don't keep my calories up starting with breakfast, my evening workout suffers. I know this differs between individuals but I was rarely satisfied enough with my energy levels and fueling capabilities to make my morning workouts as productive as my evening workouts. And I like my blood supply to be focused on either digestion or muscles, not both simultaneously when possible.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift fasted. Dont eat til after.
I still don't understand why someone would lift fasted. Can someone start a thread on this? The whole idea of not having food in my stomach freaks me out.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oatmeal and Whey protein

Or

Extra lean burger on wholegrain buns and fruit smoothie

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oatmeal and Whey protein

Or

Extra lean burger on wholegrain buns and fruit smoothie
Yumm! I've been eating A LOT of Sam's Club 90% lean burgers. They're 4oz and I take 2 with a whole wheat bread and 2 slices of fat free cheese. Over 60 grams of protein and taste AWESOME!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive tried that whole lifting on an empty stomach thing. i HATED it. i felt sooo dizzy throughout my whole workout and felt so weak. i need some food, fats and protein to get me to have a powerful workout!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive tried that whole lifting on an empty stomach thing. i HATED it. i felt sooo dizzy throughout my whole workout and felt so weak. i need some food, fats and protein to get me to have a powerful workout!
Amen

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I lift fasted. Dont eat til after.
^^ This

I still don't understand why someone would lift fasted. Can someone start a thread on this? The whole idea of not having food in my stomach freaks me out.

Please don't tase me
:ntome:

I dont lift truly fasted, I have a steady flow of BCAAs all around my workout.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can someone show me a guy who is 220 plus and trains fasted? Please (not being a diiiick)

I know a couple of the old USP guys trained fasted, kind of where I first got the idea from :D Snagency and Muletsolider both did bunches of post on the subject and our very own David Dunn (board admin) used to have a journal on the boards and trained fasted.

Did you want me to try and dig up some old school bodybuilders or strong man that trained fasted? Remember this may seem new to a lot of people, IF is doing a great job of popularizing this, but this practice, idea, and theory has been around for a long time.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know a couple of the old USP guys trained fasted, kind of where I first got the idea from :D Snagency and Muletsolider both did bunches of post on the subject and our very own David Dunn (board admin) used to have a journal on the boards and trained fasted.

Did you want me to try and dig up some old school bodybuilders or strong man that trained fasted? Remember this may seem new to a lot of people, IF is doing a great job of popularizing this, but this practice, idea, and theory has been around for a long time.
Start a mother fcuking thread :cop: or find me one, lol

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
One cup cooked steel-cut,1/4c pumpkin seeds ground up,1scoop stawberry or cinnamon whey,1/2 bananna.(stawberry taste best)But i'd eat the ass out of a cow!Always hungry.

becomebodyb

Awards
it gets expensive, who said can chicken ?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My friend and longtime training partner is over 300 and usually lifts fasted. Hell, he barely gets in 3000kcals consistently. He just doesn't like food that much. Yes, he's a genetic freak and I hate him for it.

As for me, I have 12oz coconut milk, 50g mixed protein (egg/whey/micellar), 1-2 servings of fruit, and 1-2oz of EVOO (sometimes).

becomebodyb

Awards
is there a way to deviate la little bit on ?

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
4 pieces of whole wheat, extra fiber, HFCS free toast with a huge gob of natty P-butter on each and drizzled with honey.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I will post pics up some day. I usually wake up at 5 and at the gym by 5:45-6. I have been doing it for years and never had a problem reaching whatever goals I have set.

BtitanRAD

Awards
I was juust about to post on here that same question I eat two pb&j sandwiches before I workout with sunflower seed and peanuts on then, is this bad I'm in a mass cycle right now though is this bad for me to do? Should I be eating something healthier or different ?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will post pics up some day. I usually wake up at 5 and at the gym by 5:45-6. I have been doing it for years and never had a problem reaching whatever goals I have set.
Please do. I am kinda wanted to try this whole fasted training thing. It would work better for me since I workout early in the day.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't train fasted per se as I've eaten about 4 meals before I work out (at 4-6pm), but I never consume anything an hour before training, especially if squatting or deadlifting. I'm asking for trouble if I do.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
1 C Oats
Blueberries
2 Whole Eggs
2 Eggs Whites
Yogurt

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
Ive played with different timing and macros for a pre workout meal and no matter what I do I get sick to my stomach. I do on sip bcaas though throughout the the afternoon and intra workout.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive played with different timing and macros for a pre workout meal and no matter what I do I get sick to my stomach. I do on sip bcaas though throughout the the afternoon and intra workout.
I can eat a big ass meal and hit the gym 30 mins later with no problem. In high school we used to eat some chicken in the middle of out workouts lol I agree with the BCAA pre, intra and post

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a personal preference thing, really. I have trained fasted and unfasted - unfasted moreso in my cycling days, when I would chuck several thousand calories down and immediately go our training or race. Nowadays if I'm doing 2-a-day training sessions, I will have had some meals before my second session, but I generally try and make that at least 2-4 hours after eating food. I definitely prefer to train fasted (whether my training is only an hour or ~4 hours), on an empty stomach, first thing, because I feel a whole lot better for it, and whether I train fasted or unfasted honestly makes no difference to my performance (except if I have food in my stomach, I will often feel nauseous throughout my training) or results re progress and goals.

~Rosie~

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i train around 5:45 at night, so i usually have about 3 meals down before my preworkout "meal", 1/2 cup oats in 20 grams whey, 20 grams caesin, but i drink that about 1 1/2 hours before training since like rosie said, having to much in the stomach sucks for training

but when i used to train fasted, one time i felt really weak and shaky, and i can't do that again, so i stopped training completely fasted

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
usually just down a protein bar an hour before, and then some waxy/bcaa/etc.. when i walk into the gym. Thinkin of replacin the bar with some pasta/chicken and see how if the fullness effects me at all

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
It's a personal preference thing, really. I have trained fasted and unfasted - unfasted moreso in my cycling days, when I would chuck several thousand calories down and immediately go our training or race. Nowadays if I'm doing 2-a-day training sessions, I will have had some meals before my second session, but I generally try and make that at least 2-4 hours after eating food. I definitely prefer to train fasted (whether my training is only an hour or ~4 hours), on an empty stomach, first thing, because I feel a whole lot better for it, and whether I train fasted or unfasted honestly makes no difference to my performance (except if I have food in my stomach, I will often feel nauseous throughout my training) or results re progress and goals.

~Rosie~
Im in the same boat Rosie. I tell no difference between fasted and something in the tank as far as performance goes. I never get nauseated or light headed or anything of that sort. I kind of feel like my breakfast is better utilized when I train fasted. May or may not be psychological but I feel like why change anything if things are going well? Im glad im not an oddball and there are others that train fasted.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the comments on training fasted. I used to do cardio fasted and feel like Shti after not to mention I looked like I weighed only 180 pounds... I started drinking 30 grams WPI and after an hour of cardio I still look full and pumped. I still wanna try weight training fasted just to see if there's a difference in pump

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for all the comments on training fasted. I used to do cardio fasted and feel like Shti after not to mention I looked like I weighed only 180 pounds... I started drinking 30 grams WPI and after an hour of cardio I still look full and pumped. I still wanna try weight training fasted just to see if there's a difference in pump
Each to their own, bud. Just do what's right for you and don't worry about what anyone else is doing.

~Rosie~

thebiggerpict

Awards

3 yolks 6 egg whites and peppers and tuna omlet ,, + 20g peanut butter

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Each to their own, bud. Just do what's right for you and don't worry about what anyone else is doing.

~Rosie~
^ This 100%!

I would say to at least give it a try but if what you are do is working than rock on bud, as they say, "if it aint broke dont fix it"