More reason to ditch gluten from your diet - AnabolicMinds.com

More reason to ditch gluten from your diet

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

More reason to ditch gluten from your diet

J Physiol Biochem. 2010 Jun;66(2):153-9. Epub 2010 Jun 1.
    Gliadins induce TNFalpha production through cAMP-dependent protein kinase A activation in intestinal cells (Caco-2).

Laparra Llopis JM, Sanz Herranz Y.

Microbial Ecophysiology and Nutrition Group, Instituto de Agroquímica y Tecnología de Alimentos (CSIC), Apartado 73, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain. mlaparra@iata.csic.es
    Abstract

Celiac disease is an autoimmune enteropathy caused by a permanent intolerance to gliadins. In this study the effects of two gliadin-derived peptides (PA2, PQPQLPYPQPQLP and PA9, QLQPFPQPQLPY) on TNFalpha production by intestinal epithelial cells (Caco-2) and whether these effects were related to protein kinase A (PKA) and/or -C (PKC) activities have been evaluated. Caco-2 cell cultures were challenged with several sets of gliadin peptides solutions (0.25 mg/mL), with/without different activators of PKA or PKC, bradykinin (Brdkn) and pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate (PDTC). The gliadin-derived peptides assayed represent the two major immunodominant epitopes of the peptide 33-mer of alpha-gliadin (56-88) (LQLQPFPQPQLPYPQPQLPYPQPQLPYPQ PQPF). Both peptides induced the TNFalpha production triggering the inflammatory cell responses, the PA2 being more effective. The addition of the peptides in the presence of dibutyril cyclic AMP (cAMP), Brdkn or PDTC, inhibited the TNFalpha production. The PKC-activator phorbol 12-myristate 13-diacetate additionally increased the PA2- and PA9-induced TNFalpha production. These results link the gliadin-derived peptides induced TNFalpha production through cAMP-dependent PKA activation, where ion channels controlling calcium influx into cells could play a protective role, and requires NF-kappaB activation.

PMID: 20514534
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ive been really interested in going to a Paleo type diet. Are there any websites that have a full list of what foods gluten could be in?

I know dairy n carbs n whatnot, but is there a list?

Thanks Rodja
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

I am intrigued by the Paleo diet but I feel like it would be hell to eat out as well as to give up cheese...

So I end up continuing on my CKD type.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I am intrigued by the Paleo diet but I feel like it would be hell to eat out as well as to give up cheese...

So I end up continuing on my CKD type.
    i eat paleo but i do eat cheese. my guilty little pleasure..
    BJJ = life
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is an interesting study.

It surprises me that a lot of GI doctors completely write off nutritional changes having any benefit to those with IBD or IBS yet they have drugs to primarily reduce TNF-a and information to foods which can raise it as well as foods which can reduce it.

Reps.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I still eat cheese and use whey/casein powders. They don't cause any allergies in me and I feel that they help more than they hurt. Plus, I can't not eat bleu cheese several times a week.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    It is an interesting study.

It surprises me that a lot of GI doctors completely write off nutritional changes having any benefit to those with IBD or IBS yet they have drugs to primarily reduce TNF-a and information to foods which can raise it as well as foods which can reduce it.

Reps.
    well of course, cant make any money from dietary changes
    BJJ = life
  9. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome study.. gonna have to save this one
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    well of course, cant make any money from dietary changes
    Sadly, that is why there is very little development and advancement in so many areas of health.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Recently I cared for a patient with celiac disease. Not remembering much about it from my school days, I wiki'd and googled a few articles and began educating myself. Subsequently in my search I stumbled upon this thread and I have to say that I find the premise of the paleo diet intriguing - intuitively it just makes sense. I just downloaded Rob Wolf's book to my kindle and plan on giving this diet a go. Just like to thank Rodja and others for the info.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 04:49 PM
  2. low gluten for the rest of us
    By kingdong in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
  3. another Reason to Recreate--Very good reason
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:35 PM