good ratio of macros

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
What is a solid starting point for a ratio of macros for the average gym goer whose goal is to stay lean while gaining muscle?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me I eat around 40/40/20 with 20 being my carb intake. 60g Starchy carbs post workout or first thing in morning on off days and 2 servings of fruit with 3 servings green veggies and every meal consist of a protein and fat

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
cool that's right around what I average. Always eat pretty clean, but just getting into monitoring things more closely.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
For me I eat around 40/40/20 with 20 being my carb intake. 60g Starchy carbs post workout or first thing in morning on off days and 2 servings of fruit with 3 servings green veggies and every meal consist of a protein and fat

only 20 percent for carbs? Do you do any cardio? Don't take that the wrong way, i don't mean it how it sounds. I only ask because I do a lot of cardio along with my resistance training, and unless I drop the cardio I can't imagine being able to feel ok on only 20 percent of my cals coming from carbs.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
only 20 percent for carbs? Do you do any cardio? Don't take that the wrong way, i don't mean it how it sounds. I only ask because I do a lot of cardio along with my resistance training, and unless I drop the cardio I can't imagine being able to feel ok on only 20 percent of my cals coming from carbs.
Currently I do BJJ twice a week along with strength cardio that usually follows my workout such as complexes, running or sled work

My carbs average around 100-150g a day and a majority of them around my workout with the rest of the day full of veggies, fats, and protein.

Also on most days I eat 2 servings of fruit throughout my day

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
40% carbs 35% prot 25% fat with the proper calorie amount would do pretty well for this.