I need some opinions on my nutriton*

Caleb S.

Awards

I Have Endomorphic/Mesomorphic qualities and I'm starting to lose the fat and add more muscle, but my main goal is strength. I want to continue strengthing myself, but I do not want to add any unecessary fat. In the last month and a 1/2, i've lost 15 pounds and increased my strength a good bit. I just need to know if the following meal plan is going to be solid enough to maintain/promote strength and muscle without addding any/or too much fat.

(I do plan on making other menus to swap around throughout the week.)

Meal 1: Protein Shake w/ 1/2 cup of oatmeal & an Apple.
(I usually go to the gym 45min. to an hour after this.)

Meal 2: (post workout) 1/2 a protein shake w/ a chicken salad and a wheat
hot dog bun.

Meal 3: Turkey sandwhich w/ chicken breast and 2 tsp. of Peanut butter.

Meal 4: 1/2 protein shake w/ 3 slices of turkey, a slice of wheat bread
and a 1/2 cup of brown rice.

Meal 5: (usually around 45 min. to an hour before bed.) 1 Protein shake w/ 1/4 cup of oatmeal & 2 tsp. of peanut butter.

I'm not looking to pack on serious mass at this time, just looking to preserve/promote strength and to steadily cut fat until I lose about 10 to 15 more pounds. I would add a sixth meal,
but my schedule doesn't currently allow it. My body is sensitive to too many/the wrong type of carbs and as an endomorph, I have to eat more protein than carbs and even less healthy fats to keep things in check.

I'm currently using Protein shakes, Creatine, multivitamins and Jack3d.

I Lift M/W/F and do some walking and and a little running along with core on Tuesdays & Thursdays and rest on the weekends.

I would appreciate some help guys!

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Well fat helps alot with strength.I'd guess your getting around 40g of fat a day.If everything is working for you don't fix something that isn't broke!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I would sub out some of the carbs and add some good fats in there.

Peanut butter seems to be the bulk of your good fat intake, I would add some pecans, almonds and walnuts to the diet.

Caleb S.

Awards
I would sub out some of the carbs and add some good fats in there.

Peanut butter seems to be the bulk of your good fat intake, I would add some pecans, almonds and walnuts to the diet.
what are some other good fats? I like to have a variety so i don't get too bored with my nutrition.

Caleb S.

Awards
Well fat helps alot with strength.I'd guess your getting around 40g of fat a day.If everything is working for you don't fix something that isn't broke!
yeah, good point. I was just making some adjustments since up until a few days ago, i was on the same diet as when i weighed 194 lbs. I just thought some changes in my caloric intake might help a little with the process.

I do appreciate it though.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Well with fats sat. one's raise test the most(no more then 15-20g)but for healthy one's good one's are olive oil(salads,cooking)avocado's (mix with tuna ect.)poly fats lower test,also coconut oil (cooking)eggs,almonds,the best nuts for healthy fat are walnuts(little$)

Caleb S.

Awards
Well with fats sat. one's raise test the most(no more then 15-20g)but for healthy one's good one's are olive oil(salads,cooking)avocado's (mix with tuna ect.)poly fats lower test,also coconut oil (cooking)eggs,almonds,the best nuts for healthy fat are walnuts(little$)
I'll definitely incorporate some of those in with the meal plans. I'm glad you told me about the Saturated fats and the poly-saturated/unsaturated fats. I never knew that. I truly appreciate your help.