Canned chicken

  1. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0

    Canned chicken


    Who eats it ?

    Recipes ?

    Healthy?


  2. Registered User
    Boagrius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    414
    Answers
    0


    I love it!!

    I normally cook it with rice so it gives the rice flavor and the chicken taste better. Also, throw it in a pan and cook it with some BBQ sauce. Throw it on some bread and it tastes like pulled pork. Another is cook it with teriaki sauce and rice if you like chinese.

    The first is the healthiest obviously. If you get BBQ with simple sugar instead of HFCS its not as bad and the carbs are fairly low if you take out the bread. The last has a little more sodium and sugar carbs but damn its good.
    Anabolic Designs Represenative
    Perform and Transform
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/171721-boagrius-logging-pes.html
  3. Registered User
    Mrodz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    843
    Answers
    0


    Chicken Omelete!!!!
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep


    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    I just mix it up with some fat free mayo and mustered.

    Or I pan fry it with a little coconut oil or olive oil. I'm gonna try the BBQ for sure lol just have to find a low sugar or HFCS free.

    Anyone else notice after u drain a 12.5oz can you only get 7-8oz of ****ing chicken? Or am I the only one that weighs it lol

  5. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Chicken Omelete!!!!
    Yup, that's what I do with the stuff. Sautee it up with onions and bells, toss in some cheese, and you're good to go! And I also mix it up with some light mayo, mustard and relish to make sandwiches.
  6. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0

  7. Registered User
    Carcaya's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    418
    Answers
    0


    Chicken on easy mode

    I love it. Mix with whole wheat pasta and a tablespoon and a half of smart balance butter. Bam. Delicious and Nutritious.
  8. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    You mean this stuff, right?

  9. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    You mean this stuff, right?

    I shop at sams club I think they have makers mark

  10. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I shop at sams club I think they have makers mark
    Mmm...Makers Mark is the bestest!
  11. Registered User
    perfection5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0


    Thats the canned chicken i use, love throwin it in with some pasta and bam!
  12. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Chicken Omelete!!!!
    Beat me to it!

    I just posted on another thread about this. It's so good in omelets. Also, whole wheat pizza, tacos, or even in some broth.
  13. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I shop at sams club I think they have makers mark
    It's Member's Mark. It's all I buy, their Fish Oil is amazing, and so is their cottage cheese and their egg whites are SO cheap. Sam's Club is a bodybuilders savior.

    Also, Uncle Ben's "Ready Rice" is a perfect match for canned chicken, fast and easy!
  14. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    It's Member's Mark. It's all I buy, their Fish Oil is amazing, and so is their cottage cheese and their egg whites are SO cheap. Sam's Club is a bodybuilders savior.

    Also, Uncle Ben's "Ready Rice" is a perfect match for canned chicken, fast and easy!
    Yeah that's it lol

    If canned chicken is good enough for outstanding then it's good enough for me. Case closed.

    My sam's club must suck they don't have egg whites cottage cheese is at sams is money.

  15. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Yeah that's it lol

    If canned chicken is good enough for outstanding then it's good enough for me. Case closed.

    My sam's club must suck they don't have egg whites cottage cheese is at sams is money.
    Oh man, Sam's Egg Whites come in the perfect milk-carton sized containers, 4 per case, for DIRT cheap. 50g protein per, so it's like it was formulated for bodybuilders. I use whole-eggs with it, so only use half. I also use fat free cheese from Wal-Mart, their in house brand, "Great Value."
  16. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Oh man, Sam's Egg Whites come in the perfect milk-carton sized containers, 4 per case, for DIRT cheap. 50g protein per, so it's like it was formulated for bodybuilders. I use whole-eggs with it, so only use half. I also use fat free cheese from Wal-Mart, their in house brand, "Great Value."

    Thank god for sam's club and super wal Mart. I'm spoiled... Sams and walmart are located right next to each other and it's on the way home from the gym.


  17. Registered User
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,037
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    It's Member's Mark.


    I prefer bourbon chicken!!!

    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  18. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Answers
    0


    Aww shucks! I thought you guys were talkin' about

  19. Registered User
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Answers
    0


    I eat my canned chicken straight from the can. I love it.
  20. Registered User
    mrdontplay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Who eats it ?

    Recipes ?

    Healthy?
    Oh boy, I was in Iraq for 15 months and my wife used to send me that s#!*. I was eattin out of the can just to get the protien but I would rather eat the can tuna. sorry but Im not sure if it healthy or not.
  21. Registered User
    mrdontplay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0


    maybe i didnt just cuz it was so repetitive. Iraq gave me no choice
  22. Registered User
    mrdontplay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I shop at sams club I think they have makers mark
    hahaha, it looks like pallets of huge cans in the pic. too funny.
  23. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    You mean this stuff, right?

    I buy this stuff and love it. I'll add to salads but my favorite is mixing one of those cans with cottage cheese and make 2 sandwiches out of it! killer stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  24. Board Supporter
    R-Mac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    898
    Answers
    0


    love me some canned chicken...already gone through 4 cans this week.....I use smart balance mayo...and mix it up with sliced olives (both black and green) and throw it on top of some romaine lettuce...OR

    I get these all natural brown rice crisps from the store Smart & Final.....they are ridiculously good ....and scoop the chicken out of my Tupperware with them
  25. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mrdontplay View Post
    Oh boy, I was in Iraq for 15 months and my wife used to send me that s#!*. I was eattin out of the can just to get the protien but I would rather eat the can tuna. sorry but Im not sure if it healthy or not.
    :USA:

  26. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    I just bought $186 worth of tuna a couple days ago... it was 97 cents a can, so I can't do the math, haha! It should last for a while, I only use it when I haven't prepared the meals/meat for the day, so it's portable and convenient.
  27. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I just bought $186 worth of tuna a couple days ago... it was 97 cents a can, so I can't do the math, haha! It should last for a while, I only use it when I haven't prepared the meals/meat for the day, so it's portable and convenient.


    Thats the most i bought at once lol

  28. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post


    Thats the most i bought at once lol
    What's $186 divided by 97 cents per can? That's how many cans I bought... and I accept your challenge! HAHA
  29. Registered User
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    What's $186 divided by 97 cents per can? That's how many cans I bought... and I accept your challenge! HAHA
    Assuming 7% tax rate, that would be 178 cans, also known as a F*CK LOAD OF CANNED MEAT.
  30. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bakerderek0 View Post
    Assuming 7% tax rate, that would be 178 cans, also known as a F*CK LOAD OF CANNED MEAT.
    That's the technical term, yes. It rang up that way on my receipt. Haha!
  31. Registered User
    mikeshark00's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    124
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post


    Thats the most i bought at once lol
    Wow this fourm is the greatest, the only place where i'm not a freak....i eat canned chicken/tuna all day long...at the gym, home, work, in may car! people don't get it, WE have to have our 200+ grms of protien a day or we FLIP OUT! LOL.

    i'm still new to the fourm thing, and i love it here.
  32. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mikeshark00 View Post
    Wow this fourm is the greatest, the only place where i'm not a freak....i eat canned chicken/tuna all day long...at the gym, home, work, in may car! people don't get it, WE have to have our 200+ grms of protien a day or we FLIP OUT! LOL.

    i'm still new to the fourm thing, and i love it here.
    It's out version of Anabolics Anonymous. Haha

    Today alone, BEFORE 5pm, I already had 6 cans of Albacore Tuna.

    Also, I don't want to derail the thread, but I put a lot of credence into Layne's labratory research work, and he really doesn't advocate eating more, more, and more protein to achieve our goals. I remember I tried doing 400 and even 500 grams of protein per day over the years to see how I liked it, and I felt horrible.

    From here on out, I'm going to eat every 4 hours, larger meals, and supplement with BCAAs between, and Liver Tabs.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Canned Chicken Breast
    By Domenic in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 03:53 PM
  2. chicken breast v chicken thighs
    By cheezscott in forum Recipes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
  3. canned.....
    By Zero V in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in