• Established
Who eats it ?

Recipes ?

Healthy?

Boagrius

Boagrius

Awards
I love it!!

I normally cook it with rice so it gives the rice flavor and the chicken taste better. Also, throw it in a pan and cook it with some BBQ sauce. Throw it on some bread and it tastes like pulled pork. Another is cook it with teriaki sauce and rice if you like chinese.

The first is the healthiest obviously. If you get BBQ with simple sugar instead of HFCS its not as bad and the carbs are fairly low if you take out the bread. The last has a little more sodium and sugar carbs but damn its good.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just mix it up with some fat free mayo and mustered.

Or I pan fry it with a little coconut oil or olive oil. I'm gonna try the BBQ for sure lol just have to find a low sugar or HFCS free.

Anyone else notice after u drain a 12.5oz can you only get 7-8oz of ****ing chicken? Or am I the only one that weighs it lol

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Chicken Omelete!!!!
Yup, that's what I do with the stuff. Sautee it up with onions and bells, toss in some cheese, and you're good to go! And I also mix it up with some light mayo, mustard and relish to make sandwiches.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Chicken on easy mode

I love it. Mix with whole wheat pasta and a tablespoon and a half of smart balance butter. Bam. Delicious and Nutritious.

perfection5

Awards
Thats the canned chicken i use, love throwin it in with some pasta and bam!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Chicken Omelete!!!!
Beat me to it!

I just posted on another thread about this. It's so good in omelets. Also, whole wheat pizza, tacos, or even in some broth.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I shop at sams club I think they have makers mark
It's Member's Mark. It's all I buy, their Fish Oil is amazing, and so is their cottage cheese and their egg whites are SO cheap. Sam's Club is a bodybuilders savior.

Also, Uncle Ben's "Ready Rice" is a perfect match for canned chicken, fast and easy!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's Member's Mark. It's all I buy, their Fish Oil is amazing, and so is their cottage cheese and their egg whites are SO cheap. Sam's Club is a bodybuilders savior.

Also, Uncle Ben's "Ready Rice" is a perfect match for canned chicken, fast and easy!
Yeah that's it lol

If canned chicken is good enough for outstanding then it's good enough for me. Case closed.

My sam's club must suck they don't have egg whites :( cottage cheese is at sams is money.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's it lol

If canned chicken is good enough for outstanding then it's good enough for me. Case closed.

My sam's club must suck they don't have egg whites :( cottage cheese is at sams is money.
Oh man, Sam's Egg Whites come in the perfect milk-carton sized containers, 4 per case, for DIRT cheap. 50g protein per, so it's like it was formulated for bodybuilders. I use whole-eggs with it, so only use half. I also use fat free cheese from Wal-Mart, their in house brand, "Great Value."

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man, Sam's Egg Whites come in the perfect milk-carton sized containers, 4 per case, for DIRT cheap. 50g protein per, so it's like it was formulated for bodybuilders. I use whole-eggs with it, so only use half. I also use fat free cheese from Wal-Mart, their in house brand, "Great Value."

Thank god for sam's club and super wal Mart. I'm spoiled... Sams and walmart are located right next to each other and it's on the way home from the gym.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
I eat my canned chicken straight from the can. I love it.

mrdontplay

mrdontplay

Awards
Who eats it ?

Recipes ?

Healthy?
Oh boy, I was in Iraq for 15 months and my wife used to send me that s#!*. I was eattin out of the can just to get the protien but I would rather eat the can tuna. sorry but Im not sure if it healthy or not.

mrdontplay

mrdontplay

Awards
maybe i didnt just cuz it was so repetitive. Iraq gave me no choice

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
love me some canned chicken...already gone through 4 cans this week.....I use smart balance mayo...and mix it up with sliced olives (both black and green) and throw it on top of some romaine lettuce...OR

I get these all natural brown rice crisps from the store Smart & Final.....they are ridiculously good ....and scoop the chicken out of my Tupperware with them

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh boy, I was in Iraq for 15 months and my wife used to send me that s#!*. I was eattin out of the can just to get the protien but I would rather eat the can tuna. sorry but Im not sure if it healthy or not.
:usa: :usa: :USA: :usa:
:usa:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I just bought $186 worth of tuna a couple days ago... it was 97 cents a can, so I can't do the math, haha! It should last for a while, I only use it when I haven't prepared the meals/meat for the day, so it's portable and convenient.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just bought $186 worth of tuna a couple days ago... it was 97 cents a can, so I can't do the math, haha! It should last for a while, I only use it when I haven't prepared the meals/meat for the day, so it's portable and convenient.

Thats the most i bought at once lol

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
What's $186 divided by 97 cents per can? That's how many cans I bought... and I accept your challenge! HAHA ;)
Assuming 7% tax rate, that would be 178 cans, also known as a F*CK LOAD OF CANNED MEAT.

mikeshark00

mikeshark00

Awards

Thats the most i bought at once lol
Wow this fourm is the greatest, the only place where i'm not a freak....i eat canned chicken/tuna all day long...at the gym, home, work, in may car! people don't get it, WE have to have our 200+ grms of protien a day or we FLIP OUT! LOL.

i'm still new to the fourm thing, and i love it here.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Wow this fourm is the greatest, the only place where i'm not a freak....i eat canned chicken/tuna all day long...at the gym, home, work, in may car! people don't get it, WE have to have our 200+ grms of protien a day or we FLIP OUT! LOL.

i'm still new to the fourm thing, and i love it here.
It's out version of Anabolics Anonymous. Haha ;)

Today alone, BEFORE 5pm, I already had 6 cans of Albacore Tuna.

Also, I don't want to derail the thread, but I put a lot of credence into Layne's labratory research work, and he really doesn't advocate eating more, more, and more protein to achieve our goals. I remember I tried doing 400 and even 500 grams of protein per day over the years to see how I liked it, and I felt horrible.

From here on out, I'm going to eat every 4 hours, larger meals, and supplement with BCAAs between, and Liver Tabs.