I just can't lose the last 5%

drvinnybombat

Awards
I'm basically down to chicken or steak with peas and brocolli 4 times a day, eggs and whole wheat toast in the morning, and some fruit throughout the day. I'm 6'1'' and 190 lbs at about 16%, maybe 18%. I've been running 1-2 miles in the morning 3 times a week, but only for 3 weeks. Otherwise I follow CrossFit more or less few years.

Maybe I'm eating too much fruit? But I haven't lost an ounce, and I don't think I've lost any fat...I don't know what else I can do. I mean, my ideal weight/fat % is less than 10 lbs away.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm basically down to chicken or steak with peas and brocolli 4 times a day, eggs and whole wheat toast in the morning, and some fruit throughout the day. I'm 6'1'' and 190 lbs at about 16%, maybe 18%. I've been running 1-2 miles in the morning 3 times a week, but only for 3 weeks. Otherwise I follow CrossFit more or less for years.

Maybe I'm eating too much fruit? But I haven't lost an ounce, and I don't think I've lost any fat...I don't know what else I can do. I mean, my ideal weight/fat % is less than 10 lbs away.
If you can't lose bodyfat, you're doing something wrong, period - look at your nutrition and training.

Eating fruit is not going to prevent fat loss.

Stop concentrating on scale weight as well - BODY COMPOSITION is what's important. For example, if you're new to training, your scale weight may not change at all or even increase slightly, since beginners are more prone to gains, especially int he first few weeks of starting training.

I recommend that you review The 3 Keys to Fat Loss and apply the principles in it - it comprehensively covers nutrition and training for effective and successful fat loss.

~Rosie~

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I'm basically down to chicken or steak with peas and brocolli 4 times a day, eggs and whole wheat toast in the morning, and some fruit throughout the day. I'm 6'1'' and 190 lbs at about 16%, maybe 18%. I've been running 1-2 miles in the morning 3 times a week, but only for 3 weeks. Otherwise I follow CrossFit more or less few years.

Eat more veggies, replace steak with white fish, and cut out the toast.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
First off how many cals are you taking in?Then get your maint cals and start to drop them by 200a day for a week and see how that works.It could be to low or to high.if to low your body will start to hold on to fat.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
At 18% your diet seems more than clean enough to continue fat loss. What is your calorie intake? it's gotta be either too high or too low

are you still losing weight but just not fat? If your not losing weight it's a calorie issue... if your losing weight but your body fat is staying the same, then it could be a metabolic issue or training problem

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SHREDDO

Awards
What is your water intake? Try laying off the fruit and replacing it with fat free cottage cheese. Sugars and carbs wont get you lean! No red meat! Your not low enough to just eat fish so chicken is fine until you get to 10%. My diet consists of: 1) oatmeal and multivitamin 2)whey protein shake with distilled water 3) 6 egg whites and a handful of spinach 4) tuna steak and brown rice 5) protein shake 6) salmon and cottage cheese. Lots of water!!!! I would step up the cardio as well. Try running 2 miles and then riding a spin bike for 20 min. Personally, I would run 35- 45 min a day 4-5 times a week adding spin bike to 2 of those sessions.. Some probably think you would burn too much muscle, but it all depends on your metabolism? Takes JACKD 3D by USP LABS!!! This stuff will get you through those tough workouts both physically and mentally.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Introduce High Intensity bursts into your cardio. Balls to the wall. Make your body scramble for any energy it can get and it will pull from those stubborn fat stores. I struggled with those last 5% as well, ended up upping my cals and doing the HIIT and it came off. (still have a tiny bit more to get to sub 8% though)

snuggy

Awards
Eating fruits will not harm your body and will help detoxifying your body. It is good to see that you are following a perfect diet and exercise regimen; however I would recommend few changes in your diet. Protein foods are hard to digest. So it will help in burning more calories while digestion.
Adding high protein vegetables to your diet will balance your nutrient value. Foods like beans, grains, nuts, seeds, spinach, turnips, lettuce, carrots, radishes, cabbage, onions, beetroots, cucumbers and all green leaves, quinoa and soy are rich in proteins. Proteins contain essential amino acids. Fruits such as pomegranates, melons, oranges, apples, pineapple, papaya, grapes, raspberries and plums are all rich sources of amino acids. Some food garnishes such as mint, garlic, ginger and almonds also contain high percentages of amino acids.

drvinnybombat

Awards
Update

So now I'm using egg whites only and eating mostly peas for a vegetable(mainly because they're easy to cook). Not really any significant change, but now I'm leaning out. Also some people told me that they think I was more like 15% just looking at me.

Anyway, I guess it just took another week to kick in or something.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nate321 Weight Loss 11
Qonix Weight Loss 9
Weight Loss 7
Weight Loss 19
Weight Loss 20