lexapro and tamoxifen

lurker44

Awards
so i am planning on starting a cycle of halovar in a few weeks. unfortunately, i have recently developed a case of anxiety. i was prescribed a low dose of 5mg lexapro, and the doc gave me some xanax :)D) for those bad days. anyways, iv done some research and it seems the lexapro and halovar will be fine to run together, but i couldnt find any info on the lexapro and the tamoxifen which i was planning on running for the pct. anyone here run tamxofin/nolva for pct while on lexapro or something similar? sorry if this is the wrong place to post, wasnt sure where to put this

lurker44

Awards
one other thing, i was planning on running the halovar at 50/50/50/75/75 but it seems from reading around that people would recommend running a shorter burst of a cycle so it doesnt mess with the anxiety as much. would a 50/50/75/75 be better? or even a 50/50/75?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
certain antidepressants inhibit the same enzyme nolvadex uses....

i know lexapro and celexa are almost the same and i believe you would be fine using the nolva+lexapro .... but you will certainly have some anxiety and depression while on and off the hdrol....

messing with your hormones isnt gunna help your mental condition...

lurker44

Awards
yeah i might up the lexapro to 10 while on cycle. the anxiety is something that has recently begun, never had a problem with it before so idk. thats kinda why i was considering switching to a shorter cycle

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
yeah i might up the lexapro to 10 while on cycle. the anxiety is something that has recently begun, never had a problem with it before so idk. thats kinda why i was considering switching to a shorter cycle
id have to say dont run the cycle...

steroids and anti depressants are generally a no no..

deal with the issues in your life, your anxiety and then think about it later when you are 100% stable

spimp187

Awards
id have to say dont run the cycle...

steroids and anti depressants are generally a no no..

deal with the issues in your life, your anxiety and then think about it later when you are 100% stable
This advice is spot on. You really need to uncover the cause of your depression and fix that first. Your depression could be caused from an already existing hormonal imbalance and adding a PH into the mix could make things worse.

If I were you, I would get blood work done first whether or not you decide to run the cycle or not. That way, you at least establish a baseline for your hormone levels or you may discover an imbalance that can be corrected. If you encounter problems after PCT you will have a reference to look back to. Also, you may be suffering from low testosterone which could be contributing to your depression and anxiety. If that is the case, you need TRT and not a mild PH.

lurker44

Awards
well im not depressed. its just anxiety attacks that happen. i did actually get blood work done yesterday, should have the results of that soon. but i hear what you guys are sayin, ill hold off for a while on the cycle i guess. rather be safe than sorry

rflans43

Awards
Hey Lurker. I just ran my first cycle and it was halovar also. I had anxiety issues in the past myself. Going into week 4-5 i noticed my anxiety increased and I actually had a full blown panic attack a few days ago and it scared the **** out of me. I belive it was a direct cause of the Halovar and i just stopped it 2 days ago as a result and started my PCT. I would defineatly be careful. I'm new to this board and new to cycling so take this as you will. I just wanted to let you know what happened to me so you could maybe rethink what your about to get yourself into. I actually had to get some xanax from a friend the past week just as security and to stop the attacks when i felt them coming. On the other hand Halovar gave me all the results i was looking for in the gym. I gained 14lbs, my strenth went up and i gained some size but the anxiety side effects i've been experiencing may not have been worth it. Just my opinion. Anxiety sucks and panic attacks are even worse. Be careful dude. Your mental health is much more important then your looks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bill86 Anabolics 3
benj851 Supplements 13
Anabolics 11
OTC Drug 7
Anabolics 3