fruit for blood sugar levels

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

fruit for blood sugar levels

So I have always had a bit of a low bood sugar problem. Obviously it can be a pretty miserable feeling, and is even more of a problem on a calorie restricted diet.

Recently I've started adding 10-15g of sugar from fruits to most of my meals and it has been MARVELOUS at keeping my blood sugar from dropping in between meals.

I stick to the fruits that have a better glucose/fructose ratio. Namely bananas and raisins.

I also obviiously build these cals AND carbs into my overall intake for the day as well.

But as fruit while cutting is generally frowned upon, I'm just wondering how much damage, if any I'm doing to my fat loss goals by doing this?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    So I have always had a bit of a low bood sugar problem. Obviously it can be a pretty miserable feeling, and is even more of a problem on a calorie restricted diet.

Recently I've started adding 10-15g of sugar from fruits to most of my meals and it has been MARVELOUS at keeping my blood sugar from dropping in between meals.

I stick to the fruits that have a better glucose/fructose ratio. Namely bananas and raisins.

I also obviiously build these cals AND carbs into my overall intake for the day as well.

But as fruit while cutting is generally frowned upon, I'm just wondering how much damage, if any I'm doing to my fat loss goals by doing this?
    You're NOT hurting yourself or causing any damage by consuming fruit if your goal is fat loss! As long as your nutrition is targeted at fat loss re caloric intake, etc., then you can effectively and successfully lose bodyfat whilst including fruit in your diet. Carbohydrates - and natural ones at that - are NOT the enemy (I'd be more concerned if you were starving yourself than if you ate fruit)! Don't believe everything you read or hear!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. anabolic pumps effect on blood sugar levels
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
  2. coffee and blood sugar levels
    By cessna in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
  3. How does this effect blood/sugar levels?
    By JDF in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
  4. 4-ad effect on blood sugar levels?
    By SeaHawk22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:37 PM