fruit for blood sugar levels

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
So I have always had a bit of a low bood sugar problem. Obviously it can be a pretty miserable feeling, and is even more of a problem on a calorie restricted diet.

Recently I've started adding 10-15g of sugar from fruits to most of my meals and it has been MARVELOUS at keeping my blood sugar from dropping in between meals.

I stick to the fruits that have a better glucose/fructose ratio. Namely bananas and raisins.

I also obviiously build these cals AND carbs into my overall intake for the day as well.

But as fruit while cutting is generally frowned upon, I'm just wondering how much damage, if any I'm doing to my fat loss goals by doing this?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I have always had a bit of a low bood sugar problem. Obviously it can be a pretty miserable feeling, and is even more of a problem on a calorie restricted diet.

Recently I've started adding 10-15g of sugar from fruits to most of my meals and it has been MARVELOUS at keeping my blood sugar from dropping in between meals.

I stick to the fruits that have a better glucose/fructose ratio. Namely bananas and raisins.

I also obviiously build these cals AND carbs into my overall intake for the day as well.

But as fruit while cutting is generally frowned upon, I'm just wondering how much damage, if any I'm doing to my fat loss goals by doing this?
You're NOT hurting yourself or causing any damage by consuming fruit if your goal is fat loss! As long as your nutrition is targeted at fat loss re caloric intake, etc., then you can effectively and successfully lose bodyfat whilst including fruit in your diet. Carbohydrates - and natural ones at that - are NOT the enemy (I'd be more concerned if you were starving yourself than if you ate fruit)! Don't believe everything you read or hear!

~Rosie~