front load cals, or evenly distributed?

1. Registered User
    Answers

front load cals, or evenly distributed?

Generally speaking I've always liked to keep all of my meals within 50 cals total of eachother. However sometimes obviously towards the morning, and around my workout I feel I need more for a bit more energy, and then end up trying to make it up later on in the day.

So I'm just curious what everyone else does. Do you load your cals around the times when you are most active (for me that's morning and day) and then eat less per meal later on in the day to make the total cal intake for the day balance out?

Or do you all as well try and keep it pretty evenly balanced?

We wont go into macro distributing, that's somewhat of a whole other beast, lol. I'm just specifically curious about overall cal intake of different meals and different times of the day.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

During the week, I work out in the evenings after work. I typically split my cals up close to evenly throughout my 6-8 meals. However, I do front-load carbs to the first portion of the day and in my pre-workout meal. I try to taper off and keep them lower after my workouts since it's 6-7 PM when I take those in. I do carb-cycle most of the time, though, so one or two nights a week I'll take in maybe 50g carbs with a post shake and then another 50-75 with a whole food meal an hour after.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  3. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Generally speaking I've always liked to keep all of my meals within 50 cals total of eachother. However sometimes obviously towards the morning, and around my workout I feel I need more for a bit more energy, and then end up trying to make it up later on in the day.

So I'm just curious what everyone else does. Do you load your cals around the times when you are most active (for me that's morning and day) and then eat less per meal later on in the day to make the total cal intake for the day balance out?

Or do you all as well try and keep it pretty evenly balanced?

We wont go into macro distributing, that's somewhat of a whole other beast, lol. I'm just specifically curious about overall cal intake of different meals and different times of the day.
    I don't load my calories around the times I am most active, nor do I balance my calories out over the course of a day - I just make sure that I get the calories that I need in a day consumed. Most often I have my highest caloric intake meal within 2-3 hours of going to bed, but that's not deliberate and just happens to fall that way. DO note that I do NOT recommend my nutritional habits for anyone else, either, LOL.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I don't load my calories around the times I am most active, nor do I balance my calories out over the course of a day - I just make sure that I get the calories that I need in a day consumed. Most often I have my highest caloric intake meal within 2-3 hours of going to bed, but that's not deliberate and just happens to fall that way. DO note that I do NOT recommend my nutritional habits for anyone else, either, LOL.

~Rosie~
    it does feel great to go to bed on a full stomach.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.
    Answers

ill agree with rosie, there is no rule that says everything needs to be evened out....im slowly cutting back at night, but since sept, cals were high at night too (postwo torrent then a meal, then pre-bed shake...1000cals+ in a 3hr span)

go by feel, your tummy will tell you what is too much, and if not, the mirror will for sure
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I too have started to load cals at night. I eat much less during the day. I started this about 3 weeks ago and I feel a lot more energy throughout the day. I also crash pretty hard at night after my big meal and sleep pretty solid. I thought strength and body comp would suffer a little but they havent. I just got sick of 6 feedings a day.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I prefer to cut the carbs after 6 pm.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Front load
    By Juicaholic in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM
  2. Front Load SD?