Tired after eating..

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Is anybody else getting tired after eating?Im getting tired almost every time now.It doesn't matter what i eat carbs no carbs protein and carbs ect..i eat and about 15min later i need to lay down.All my meals are clean as of chicken or fish brown rice ,yams,whole gain,oatmeal,ect.. no sugar at all no fruit just veggies that have min. sugar.Any idea???

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is anybody else getting tired after eating?Im getting tired almost every time now.It doesn't matter what i eat carbs no carbs protein and carbs ect..i eat and about 15min later i need to lay down.All my meals are clean as of chicken or fish brown rice ,yams,whole gain,oatmeal,ect.. no sugar at all no fruit just veggies that have min. sugar.Any idea???
It could be that you are VERY sensitive to ANY change of insulin in your body - trust me, I used to be like this, and still get like this depending on how my nutrition and training have been. Or, there could be another issue, which you would have to find the root cause of and deal with.

~Rosie~

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I suffer through the same issues. It's all insulin dependent if I had to take a guess. My endo diagnosed me with metabolic syndrome, aka insulin resistance. You are most likely sensitive to insulin changes as Rosie alluded to in her post. I've found that incorporating certain stims into my daily routine has really helped me fight through some of those issues related to insulin changes in the body, such as extreme feelings of exhaustion or lethargy. My diet is key, as I've found what works well for me - a high protein (lean sources) diet, coupled with high amounts of fat (fish oil). I feel great on that type of diet and it's been sustainable for me throughout the past year.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Thats about the same diet that im on very high lean protein and as for the carbs i eat them in the morning about 50grams and im not to bad then but my mid-morning gets me and lunch which usally has about 10-15carbs from veggies.Around 2-3 i feel alright.

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
drop the rice, whole grains and oatmeal ... its most likely those foods that are sucking all your energy

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, why no sugar at all? Some simple sugars can be useful and especially for certain activity levels and lifestyles. Throw a banana or 2 into your day and see if you feel any different. 1 at breakfast or a 10am snack and 1 about and before working out certainly won't do any harm unless you are doing some sort of crazy contest prep.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, why no sugar at all? Some simple sugars can be useful and especially for certain activity levels and lifestyles. Throw a banana or 2 into your day and see if you feel any different. 1 at breakfast or a 10am snack and 1 about and before working out certainly won't do any harm unless you are doing some sort of crazy contest prep.
Thyroid and adrenal gland problems (im a mess).Don't drink coffee just use green tea extact.Sugar,potassium,caffine, refined carbs all stess adrenals more so i try to cut out as much as i can.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
drop the rice, whole grains and oatmeal ... its most likely those foods that are sucking all your energy
As i said it doesn't matter what i eat it can be just protein whole food,whey(not as bad)so its not the carbs.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thyroid and adrenal gland problems (im a mess).Don't drink coffee just use green tea extact.Sugar,potassium,caffine, refined carbs all stess adrenals more so i try to cut out as much as i can.
How long have you been using the Green Tea extract? I ask because I use to get the same issues after eating and I found that when I substituted the extract for brewed Green Tea the problem went away. I also experimented with this actually being the issue by adding back the extract and sure enough the issue arose again.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
I too get tired after eating a big meal. I just thought it was normal. It doesn't bother me.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
exactly

you blood sugar might be going up and down too much from those carbs, so all day your energy levels are different

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed 100%. What works for me is an extremely low carb diet. I upped my fat (fish/olive) intake to compensate for the lack of carbs. I feel much better on this type of diet.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Agreed 100%. What works for me is an extremely low carb diet. I upped my fat (fish/olive) intake to compensate for the lack of carbs. I feel much better on this type of diet.
:goodpost:

also add more eggs and steak, man food

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
My carb intake for the day is 140 or less.I can eat a jar of pb and still be tired.Like to night im going to have 10oz round steak and a cup of broccoli and i'll have to force myself to stay up.Never been carb sens. So its not carbs theres a guy namred matrix on the site and he's saying its part of adrenal fatigue.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ohhh adrenal fatigue that was my next guess. ever abuse stims like caffeine etc?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My carb intake for the day is 140 or less.I can eat a jar of pb and still be tired.Like to night im going to have 10oz round steak and a cup of broccoli and i'll have to force myself to stay up.Never been carb sens. So its not carbs theres a guy namred matrix on the site and he's saying its part of adrenal fatigue.
PB has natural sugars that remain in the bloodstream for to long, which leads to lethargy, this is a biproduct of being insulin resistant. Up the protein, fat and raw fiber -- something like Fiberteq from VPX, an awesome fiber product.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahah you ever play with caffeine in dirty NSFW ways?
What do you think I'm doing right now at work? I like to keep two browsers open at the same time. One related to work and the other related to people who enjoy dressing up as Pandas and playing chess, don't judge me...I'm into it.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
ohhh adrenal fatigue that was my next guess. ever abuse stims like caffeine etc?
i've cut off all stims except for occ. pre w/o.But no caffine,green tea ect.now today is the first day with no greentea which i took for fasted cardio didn't really make a diff so i have no idea.It sucks cuz i just got my order which was green tea and i ordered a 4pk of celsius and they sent me a case (for price of 4pk)anybody what a celsius?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
well how much caffeine were you consuming before this? your adrenals could be shot to $hit. ever try adaptogen herbs?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Man, about a month ago i would wake up take 2erase 2alpha and 1or2oxylites go do cardio for 45min drink some coffee during day then take 2-3scoops jacked and workout.Does that anwer your ? Now im losing fat way more by my diet,doing cardio every morning fasted and lifting 6-7days not losing any muscle im taking measurements gained 1/4in on arms and legs last week only lost 3/4lb but lost almost 1%body fat.Week before that like 8lbs and 2.4%body fat weigh and measure at same time.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i dont know what your bodyfat % has to do with this, but it does seem like you were consuming quite a bit of caffeine. try a full detox from anything caffeine related..sometimes it takes a while to get out of your system.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I was taking them to lose fat.Now im using my diet.I have cut out all caffeine.