CARB DAYS

FRANKCASTLE

Awards
I never used to eat what i should , lately i have tried to get atleast my protein rq's everyday, with quality foods and supps, i initially started cutting all bad carbs, no bread etc, my goal is to stay the same weight but look harder and leaner, im 230, would it make sense to throw out the no carb rule (except quality ones) some days ?? like eat whatever i want on weekends?? perhaps this would help even? all opinions are welcome, and i have had ppl say things to me and notice since the last three months i have cleaned it up, no scale change thou, as i lift hard and heavy on the regular, i got stronger for a few reps on everythng also

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never used to eat what i should , lately i have tried to get atleast my protein rq's everyday, with quality foods and supps, i initially started cutting all bad carbs, no bread etc, my goal is to stay the same weight but look harder and leaner, im 230, would it make sense to throw out the no carb rule (except quality ones) some days ?? like eat whatever i want on weekends?? perhaps this would help even? all opinions are welcome, and i have had ppl say things to me and notice since the last three months i have cleaned it up, no scale change thou, as i lift hard and heavy on the regular, i got stronger for a few reps on everythng also
IMO you should NEVER do NO carbohydrates or carbohydrates less than 50-100g daily, but that's just me.

Yes, having 1-2 days a week where you eat whatever whenever is beneficial not just for the mind, but for progress. In saying that, everyone is different, and you may simply prefer to just have more calories, albeit from clean sources.

As I have reiterated multiple times throughout the board, scale weight is IRrelevant - it is BODY COMPOSITION that matters. You may stay the SAME scale weight, but your body composition may have changed, and that is what matters.

~Rosie~

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Rosie on this one. A good amount of low glycemic carbs is integral to a healthy energyfull diet. A steady intake of carbs is probably far better than going 4 days without any carbs and then binging on bad carb excess on the weekends. I try for 40-45% calories from carbohydrate sources and this provides for high energy workouts. Just keep monitoring your body with different carb levels and draw an appropriate conclusion.

Jacked.N.Tan

Jacked.N.Tan

Awards
stick with low gi carbs. and yes high calorie days are good for gylcogen restorage but they also keep your metabolism burning. a good cutting diet is a 40-30-30 approach never take 45% from carbs unless youre a hardgainer