Back (kidney) cramps/pain?

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Been lifting off and on for a few years now.

Recently just started getting back into the gym (about 6-7 weeks ago)

I've been taking some Creatine Mono at around 5grams per day, a multi vitamin(oneaday?) and thats it.

My diet has only gotten better(compared to 7 weeks ago)

Water intake has only increased (compared to 7 weeks ago) around 1 gallon/day.

I am starting to put on some muscle mass, nothing durastic though.

For the last couple of days I have been getting random cramps/pains in my left kidney area. Not really a sharp pain/but not dull either.

I get up walk around, massage it a little and it goes away. Only happens a couple times a day, and normally around the the same time 1-4pm.

I exercise at night (7-8pm)

What do you think?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Like to know too i've been getting something like that too.Do you eat alot of protein?I thought mybe i was getting cause of my pro intake.Hope we find out its not a bad pain but its a pain!

bboyflash

Awards
Hard to say it could be a few things, certain exercises may provoke it, if you've been taking creating for more than 5 months creatine crystal can form, or it could be w.e. your eating...I'm not an expert but just keep reseRching but seeing your doctor will work best

OVERHAUL

Awards
I've always felt high protein intake causes this.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Try increasing your water intake even further.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i get the same pain when i take creatine...

noakail

Awards
I've had this pain also. But I thought it was due to carrying my gear (Army) but it happened recently out of the blue. I guess no one really knows.

xxjoker122

Awards
Been lifting off and on for a few years now.

Recently just started getting back into the gym (about 6-7 weeks ago)

I've been taking some Creatine Mono at around 5grams per day, a multi vitamin(oneaday?) and thats it.

My diet has only gotten better(compared to 7 weeks ago)

Water intake has only increased (compared to 7 weeks ago) around 1 gallon/day.

I am starting to put on some muscle mass, nothing durastic though.

For the last couple of days I have been getting random cramps/pains in my left kidney area. Not really a sharp pain/but not dull either.

I get up walk around, massage it a little and it goes away. Only happens a couple times a day, and normally around the the same time 1-4pm.

I exercise at night (7-8pm)

What do you think?
if you are doing deadlifts which i dont know if you are but if you are that is the reason you are getting the pain..im not a doctor but i had the same pain you had and found out it was from not using a belt and i was dead lifting close to 500

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
^
Yah I do deads once a week.

It hasn't happened for a while so I'm chalking it up to random growing pains i guess.

If anyone is constantly/frequently getting pains in thier kidney area I advise to go see a doc.