Frying with Oilve Oil, any different than room temp?

  1. Registered User
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Answers
    0

    Frying with Oilve Oil, any different than room temp?


    I'm currently recomping for a bb show. I eat lot of chicken and brown rice as my primary sources of calories. I generally cook my chicken in a frying pan on top of extra virgin olive oil.

    I'v heard that olive oil is good for your HDL, and because its a solubale fat at room temperature, its not unhealthy and will not cause weight gain issues when used at reasonable ammounts. Now, if it is used when frying will it turn into a bad fat?

  2. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    olive oil has a very high point of oxidizing so it doesnt turn into trans fat. best oil to use for your purposes is coconut oil. make sure its unrefined and organic. coconut oil has an even higher point of oxidizing and is made from medium chain triglycerides that very rapidly convert into energy. coconut oil can even increase your metabolic rate. look it up
    BJJ = life
  3. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    olive oil has a very high point of oxidizing so it doesnt turn into trans fat. best oil to use for your purposes is coconut oil. make sure its unrefined and organic. coconut oil has an even higher point of oxidizing and is made from medium chain triglycerides that very rapidly convert into energy. coconut oil can even increase your metabolic rate. look it up
    Never new this


    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    yeah coconut oil has tons and tons of health benefits
    BJJ = life
  5. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0


    Coconit oil is also an excellent mosturizer for callused hands and feet. I have petroleum dermatitis so I can't use OTC lotions.
  6. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    yeah i use it daily on my face as a moisturizer, also on my scalp when it gets dry in the winter months
    BJJ = life
  7. Registered User
    HondaV65's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    52
    Posts
    827
    Answers
    0


    I LOVE Co-Co-Nuts!

    But I've always stayed away from Coconut Oil ... I remember a news story once that said movie theaters pop their popcorn with it - and supposedly this made movie theater popcorn the most dangerous and lethal food on the planet.

    But I think that was bunk - I will have to try me some coconut oil here soon!
  8. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by HondaV65 View Post
    I LOVE Co-Co-Nuts!

    But I've always stayed away from Coconut Oil ... I remember a news story once that said movie theaters pop their popcorn with it - and supposedly this made movie theater popcorn the most dangerous and lethal food on the planet.

    But I think that was bunk - I will have to try me some coconut oil here soon!
    its all part of the anti saturated fat propaganda. coconut oil has a myriad of health benefits. there are some populations of people that eat a large amount of coconut in their diet and never experience any of Western diseases or illnesses.
    BJJ = life
  9. Registered User
    HondaV65's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    52
    Posts
    827
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    its all part of the anti saturated fat propaganda. coconut oil has a myriad of health benefits. there are some populations of people that eat a large amount of coconut in their diet and never experience any of Western diseases or illnesses.

    I think you are right man - the same kind of thinking that said that nuts were bad cuz they were too high in fat and stuff like that. I rebelled on that stuff long ago but for some reason I just kept staying away from Coconut Oil.

    Imma go get me some - because, like I said - I like Coconuts. Right now I am doing two 40 minute sessions of cardio a day because it's Girl Scout Cookie season and I LUVS ME those coconut cookies!! MMMMMM.
  10. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by HondaV65 View Post
    I think you are right man - the same kind of thinking that said that nuts were bad cuz they were too high in fat and stuff like that. I rebelled on that stuff long ago but for some reason I just kept staying away from Coconut Oil.

    Imma go get me some - because, like I said - I like Coconuts. Right now I am doing two 40 minute sessions of cardio a day because it's Girl Scout Cookie season and I LUVS ME those coconut cookies!! MMMMMM.
    when you go to buy coconut oil make sure its Unrefined Virgin and Organic, also make sure its cold pressed. vitamin shoppe's brand is very good, ive been using it for a few years.
    BJJ = life
  11. Registered User
    freefall365's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    770
    Answers
    0


    indeed coconut oil is awesome stuff! I take tablespoons of the stuff to the head. However when I try to fry with it I find it burns up pretty easily i typically fry with olive oil and have great results, but it's kind of expensive.
  12. Registered User
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    Answers
    0


    Can you find coconut oil in chain grocery stores or organic shops only?
  13. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    Can you find coconut oil in chain grocery stores or organic shops only?
    you can find it in some grocery stores, like Whole foods or something. I get mine from Vitamin Shoppe. they have a few brands but their brand is the cheapest and very high quality. im sure other health/supplement stores carry coconut as well.
    BJJ = life
  14. Registered User
    freefall365's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    770
    Answers
    0


    my local Giant grocery store even has organic coconut oil. it should be pretty easy to find, but i get mine online cheaper.
  15. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    again, make sure its Unrefined and cold pressed!! organic is also a plus
    BJJ = life
  16. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Can I pan fry white fish with coconut oil?

  17. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Can I pan fry white fish with coconut oil?
    Bump

  18. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Can I pan fry white fish with coconut oil?
    Most certainly, it's the best way to do it.
  19. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Most certainly, it's the best way to do it.
    Thanks!

    Just wanted to make sure didn't want to ruin my fish!!

  20. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0


    ....
  21. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Thanks!

    Just wanted to make sure didn't want to ruin my fish!!
    What kind of fish are you eating? All I eat at the moment is flounder. I'd like to try something else but I refuse to eat talopia. I here they are used to clean the tanks at fish farms.
  22. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    What kind of fish are you eating? All I eat at the moment is flounder. I'd like to try something else but I refuse to eat talopia. I here they are used to clean the tanks at fish farms.
    I eat Tilapia lol

  23. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I eat Tilapia lol
    Ha... I don't even know how to spell it. I won't eat that or catfish. Mud suckers.
  24. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Ha... I don't even know how to spell it. I won't eat that or catfish. Mud suckers.
    You have a link? I read everything on wiki and didn't see anything I should be worried about. I love it for the price but I def do not wanna feed my temple crap food lol

  25. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    You have a link? I read everything on wiki and didn't see anything I should be worried about. I love it for the price but I def do not wanna feed my temple crap food lol
    Most everything you'll find says they are grain fed.
    Evidently tilapia is not that good for you.

    Farm-raised tilapia, one of the most highly consumed fish in America, has very low levels of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids and, perhaps worse, very high levels of omega-6 fatty acids, according to new research from Wake Forest University School of Medicine.


    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...f004141f810772
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My new egg frying method
    By GOTSPEED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
  2. Ephedra and your receptors frying
    By PT3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 01:39 PM
  3. hygetropin in room temp need help!!
    By supermanstanley in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 04:13 AM
  4. Can u keep igf at room temp in AA?
    By SamuelAdams in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
  5. IGF-1 at room temp
    By acecombact1 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in