Online Diet Journal

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.

Online Diet Journal

I'm currently starting a nutrition consulting business and I would like to know if there is a specific site that allows you to see a client's food intake. Something similar to fitday.com or AM diet tracker where clients input all their meals, but I would like to see them vs them sending me reports or emails on a daily basis. Is there such a thing? Thank you!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  269 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FINEMNT View Post
    I'm currently starting a nutrition consulting business and I would like to know if there is a specific site that allows you to see a client's food intake. Something similar to fitday.com or AM diet tracker where clients input all their meals, but I would like to see them vs them sending me reports or emails on a daily basis. Is there such a thing? Thank you!
    Yea I am probably going to sound like a di**, but whatever its cool. You seem like a very nice guy, but from my reviews of all your posts I believe that you starting a "nutrition consulting business," would be like me starting a business promoting the Greek victory over the Persians at say Marathon, i.e. it doesn't make sense, just look at my user name.

Why do I say this?

Just several months ago you were asking for nutritional/supplement advice when you were 25% body fat, as evidenced per your posts. What has changed since then, what is b/f% now, what is your understanding of even the most basic principles of nutrition and exercise? There are specific mathematical equations that one should know before starting a "business" to promote the ideas that you are disseminating; disseminating for presumably a monetary charge as well.

You said: "Something similar to fitday.com or AM diet tracker where clients input all their meals, but I would like to see them vs them sending me reports or emails on a daily basis. Is there such a thing? Thank you! "

IMO if you cannot calculate these equations by yourself, you have no "business" (pun intended) starting a business, that by its very definition would charge money/a fee for computing this information yourself. This is all very basic information.

Why have I made these seemingly ridiculous, and yes slightly aggressive and offensive comments?

I find it despicable and foolhardy that someone who doesn't possess even the slightest or most basic nutritional/supplemental information would even attempt to consult, and presumably charge a fee, for a task that one was in-adept at. In fact I am horrified, but not surprised, that people would be willing to send you information, for a charge, that you are not qualified to compute. If you cannot create a program by your own devices to calculate this very basic dietary information, you have no business charging a fee for this information, and thus no business staring a "business".
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    Yea I am probably going to sound like a di**, but whatever its cool. You seem like a very nice guy, but from my reviews of all your posts I believe that you starting a "nutrition consulting business," would be like me starting a business promoting the Greek victory over the Persians at say Marathon, i.e. it doesn't make sense, just look at my user name.

Why do I say this?

Just several months ago you were asking for nutritional/supplement advice when you were 25% body fat, as evidenced per your posts. What has changed since then, what is b/f% now, what is your understanding of even the most basic principles of nutrition and exercise? There are specific mathematical equations that one should know before starting a "business" to promote the ideas that you are disseminating; disseminating for presumably a monetary charge as well.

You said: "Something similar to fitday.com or AM diet tracker where clients input all their meals, but I would like to see them vs them sending me reports or emails on a daily basis. Is there such a thing? Thank you! "

IMO if you cannot calculate these equations by yourself, you have no "business" (pun intended) starting a business, that by its very definition would charge money/a fee for computing this information yourself. This is all very basic information.

Why have I made these seemingly ridiculous, and yes slightly aggressive and offensive comments?

I find it despicable and foolhardy that someone who doesn't possess even the slightest or most basic nutritional/supplemental information would even attempt to consult, and presumably charge a fee, for a task that one was in-adept at. In fact I am horrified, but not surprised, that people would be willing to send you information, for a charge, that you are not qualified to compute. If you cannot create a program by your own devices to calculate this very basic dietary information, you have no business charging a fee for this information, and thus no business staring a "business".
    I totally understand where you are coming from, as I am not "expert for sports nutrition". I should have been more specific of what I was trying to do. I educate patients for gastric bypass surgery on pre and post surgery diet. Something a lil different. I am by no means trying to give advice and make profit out of on areas I don't know. Our surgeon asked me if there was a way to monitor meal intake so patients did not have to be present in the facility, considering it is hard for them to commute at times, ie. 500lb patients. So I thought, why not contract my services to other surgeons. Some of these patients are obviously so non-compliant, that there are complications due to their eating post surgery. I thought this was the best forum to ask, considering there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here. I'm not trying to sell, consult, in areas I'm not aware or an expert of. Sad to say, that considering I am in the nutrition profession, I have lost focus on myself, but I'm working on that! Hey, who wants a fat, out of shape dietitian! I can't make excuses, it's my own fault.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Online Diet Journal
    By FINEMNT in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 12:34 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 08:06 AM
  4. My Mohn online journal
    By John Smeton in forum Anabolics