Do you let yourself go hungry?

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Simple question really. Do you let yourself go extremely hungry until it's time for your next scheduled meal, or do you feed the beast?

Personally if I get hungry less than an hour before my next meal is anyways, I let myself go, but if I get hungry literally an hour or hour and a half after my last meal, I'll eat something real small to make it to my next meal.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't get extremely hungry on a 500 kilocalorie deficit so usually a non-issue.

If I want to push the envelope and do a couple of days at a 750-1000 deficit then I might pull some calories out of future meals to stop any serious cravings.

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I never go hungry longer than 30min or so. If im trying to slim down I wont stuff myself but eat just enough to ease the pains. If you snack sensibly I dont see it being an issue unless your on a strict diet. Pretty much depending on your goal and trying to accomplish.

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys use as a daily calorie calculator to figure out what your maintenance is?

I mean I can use 7 different ones and get 7 different answers, just wondering if there is a really great one, or great method that I somehow don't know about...?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What do you guys use as a daily calorie calculator to figure out what your maintenance is?

I mean I can use 7 different ones and get 7 different answers, just wondering if there is a really great one, or great method that I somehow don't know about...?
It's called the scale.

All those calorie calculators only provide estimates that you can use to choose a starting point. You then have to test drive the diet for 2-3 weeks and see how your weight changes and adjust from there.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's called the scale.

All those calorie calculators only provide estimates that you can use to choose a starting point. You then have to test drive the diet for 2-3 weeks and see how your weight changes and adjust from there.
Bingo

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I eat every 3 hours, so no :)

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I eat every 3 hours, so no :)

see that's what i'm saying. I eat 7 times a day, every 3 hours too. I try and portion every one of them out so that I end up just starting to get hungry again in 3 hours when it's time for my next meal. But if I get hungry literally an hour after my last meal, I don't let myself go starving for another 2 hours, I figure obviously that meal didn't have enough cals, and I eat something real small to make it til my next meal.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
see that's what i'm saying. I eat 7 times a day, every 3 hours too. I try and portion every one of them out so that I end up just starting to get hungry again in 3 hours when it's time for my next meal. But if I get hungry literally an hour after my last meal, I don't let myself go starving for another 2 hours, I figure obviously that meal didn't have enough cals, and I eat something real small to make it til my next meal.
Just depends on your goals. If you're bulking, I'd definitely say that's true. However, if you're cutting and you have all of your cals/macros mapped out for the day, I don't like to stray from that.

E

Exercise123

Awards
I've fasted for days earlier this month, just to try it. I've fasted for 1-3 days in the past. I've read fasting for a day or two can greatly increase overall insulin response.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've fasted for days earlier this month, just to try it. I've fasted for 1-3 days in the past. I've read fasting for a day or two can greatly increase overall insulin response.
Yeah for the duration of your fast but once you go back to your regular caloric intake, so will your insulin sensitivity.

Fasting is just a religious exercise and a great way to lose muscle.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I eat when im hungry simple enough obviously your body is in need of some sort of nutritents if it is hungry and its not good to go into starvation mode almost. Also when you start to get too hungry your body will burn muscle rather then fat from what ive heard. My reccomendation is eat when your hungry just adjust your meals for the rest of the day to meet your daily caloric totals.

T

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I found with my diet i get hungry sometimes about 30-45min before my next meal and there 3hrs apart so i drink a cup of green tea and it takes my hunger away long enough.