Flu like symptoms after exercise

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I'm just getting back into the gym I've been out since last June with a back injury and I've noticed that after a hard HIIT session on the eliptical that I begin to feel fatigue and eventually develop flu like symptoms, sore throat runny nose and a little cough Thursday I did my hardest HIIT session yet after a massage on Wednesday and immediately felt like I was getting sick and by Thursday night it was full blown but it doesn't last long like um feeling better today. Anyone else experience anything like this?

sac811

Awards
I had the same thing happen to me when I first started working out again. For me it took about a month of this happening off and on before I haven't had an issue again. I'm sure it had to do with hormonal fluctuation from working out, but don't know the specifics.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
It is flu season im recovering from the flu about 2 weeks so far. And have noticed its most intense right after i workout or run for whatever reason the symptoms are more pronounced specifically fatigue, cough, sore throat its almost unbearable but then it eventually subsides a bit. Id deffinately go to the doc if you do have the flu get some antibiotics or it could be 2+ weeks like me. I opted for no doc and it didnt go to well.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Yea I here you but it's like I'll be fine untill I workout then as tge day goes on I start feeling like death

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Exactly i know what your going through usually i wake around 9 feel great in the morning a little cough here and there but exercising just makes it 100x worse my advice rest take a couple days of and just rest.