BAD CRAMPS AFTER LIFTING

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.52%

BAD CRAMPS AFTER LIFTING

recently i have been getting really bad muscle cramps right after my workouts.. the other day i did arms when i was done later that night i couldnt bend both arms without getting a really bad cramp in both my forearms..just today i did chest and back when i went to fasten my seat belt my left peck cramped up..this isnt only painful but its starting to worry me..am i not drinking enough water and staying hydrated or is it because of something else.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

drink more water, eat some banannas
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.93%

Quote Originally Posted by no reason View Post
    recently i have been getting really bad muscle cramps right after my workouts.. the other day i did arms when i was done later that night i couldnt bend both arms without getting a really bad cramp in both my forearms..just today i did chest and back when i went to fasten my seat belt my left peck cramped up..this isnt only painful but its starting to worry me..am i not drinking enough water and staying hydrated or is it because of something else.
    Bare minimum water for active people = multiply your body weight x .55. In your case 230 x .55 = 126.5. So, drink 126.5oz or more, especially on training days. Increase this to x .75 or more if you are taking creatine, drinking a lot of coffee or alcohol, or using any supplements that have diuretic properties.

As noted above, eat some bananas and other foods rich in potassium or take some supplemental potassium. You may also want to supplement with a bit of extra magnesium and taurine if the cramps are severe.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.16%

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    drink more water, eat some banannas
    YESSS! Water is by far ESSENTIAL for preventing cramps. The bananas are also a great source of potassium which will help your body hold onto the water you drink. Make sure you have around 3 liters a day while working out!

Similar Forum Threads

1. M1T Muscle Cramps
    By jayp83 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:42 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 11:20 AM
  3. TTA and muscle cramps
    By jaydesiel4651 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 12:11 PM
  4. T-3 and Cramps