bad dieting :(

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
well! ive been doing very vigorous weight training and 20-30min cardio (some days HIIT some days moderate) for the past 5 days. i also have been bulking. so ive been trying to eat alot since i workout hard, but ive eaten very poorly everyday this week at least one meal a day. during the course of last week ive had mcdonalds twice (cheeseburger, mchicken, fries, grilled chicken club and fries), a cheeseburger wedge with chilli cheese fries, garden catering (3/4 pound of fried chicken, and fries), outback steakhouse (fried mozerella, wings, potato skins jack daniels burger and fries.) this is terrible right? even when bulking? the dinner was because of an anniversary and all the other meals are due to being low on cash ~5$ and needed calories. should i clean this up?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
well! ive been doing very vigorous weight training and 20-30min cardio (some days HIIT some days moderate) for the past 5 days. i also have been bulking. so ive been trying to eat alot since i workout hard, but ive eaten very poorly everyday this week at least one meal a day. during the course of last week ive had mcdonalds twice (cheeseburger, mchicken, fries, grilled chicken club and fries), a cheeseburger wedge with chilli cheese fries, garden catering (3/4 pound of fried chicken, and fries), outback steakhouse (fried mozerella, wings, potato skins jack daniels burger and fries.) this is terrible right? even when bulking? the dinner was because of an anniversary and all the other meals are due to being low on cash ~5$ and needed calories. should i clean this up?
Well depends..what do you wanna look like?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Well, what I meant was that you're only going to look as good as your diet it is. So should you clean it up? I dunno, how good do you wanna look ya know, only you can decide that.

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
i get what yer sayin man. its just hard for me to eat so much man. so i look for calorie dense foods to get more calories in. i cant afford buyin 3 lbs of chicken a week. i go to school full time and broke most of the time. this is how my day usually looks

wake up - protein shake and 5g bcaa
breakfast - 3-4 eggs and bacon
snack - whey, oats, banana, pb, milk
lunch - 1-2 chicken patties (i grill them)
pre workout assault
intra xtend
post 2 scoops of whey and 40g waxy maize
dinner - chicken breast and rice or wheat bread
before bed 1.2 cup of cottage cheese and fruits

is this good?

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
i get what yer sayin man. its just hard for me to eat so much man. so i look for calorie dense foods to get more calories in. i cant afford buyin 3 lbs of chicken a week. i go to school full time and broke most of the time. this is how my day usually looks

wake up - protein shake and 5g bcaa
breakfast - 3-4 eggs and bacon
snack - whey, oats, banana, pb, milk
lunch - 1-2 chicken patties (i grill them)
pre workout assault
intra xtend
post 2 scoops of whey and 40g waxy maize
dinner - chicken breast and rice or wheat bread
before bed 1.2 cup of cottage cheese and fruits

is this good?
Didn't your last thread already cover much of this?

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Dave I think we are going to have to dive deep into your mind state to fix this problem. It seems to me like you really don't want it enough. Your motivation to succeed needs to be stepped up a few notches. No matter how many times you post about your failures you yourself are responsible. So tell me what really motivates you and why you think this is so hard? Binge eating seems like a compulsion to you, where as eating relatively healthy is a mainstay for most people on this board. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this problem and get you more motivated.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Dave I think we are going to have to dive deep into your mind state to fix this problem. It seems to me like you really don't want it enough. Your motivation to succeed needs to be stepped up a few notches. No matter how many times you post about your failures you yourself are responsible. So tell me what really motivates you and why you think this is so hard? Binge eating seems like a compulsion to you, where as eating relatively healthy is a mainstay for most people on this board. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this problem and get you more motivated.

LOL, basically what I was trying to point out. But you did it in a much more elaborate way. Bravo :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, what you do re nutrition is entirely up to you. I can turn around and say that my diet is far, far worse than yours, but I can still get results if I work at it hard enough and know what to do - you should learn this as well, what you can and cannot get away with, and how to "counteract" effects.

Remember that your results are generally going to be based on the QUALITY of the food you consume, not just your overall total caloric intake.

If you're low on cash, then going out and buying fast food is not exactly the best or most feasible option.

If you have no idea what you are doing, then, as I have said before, I recommend that you get a professional who WILL do this for you, and take the guess work out of everything. The only person you end up hurting in the long-term is you, Dave, if you don't do things right - you're the one who has to be happy with yourself and how you look and feel, your fitness and progress, etc. Ask yourself how much you want this and go from there.

~Rosie~

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would rather take steroids the rest of my life, than eat mcdonalds the rest of my life- yest mcdonalds is that bad

bruddah, if your trying to gain lean mass on a fast food diet- its possible, if you have the metabolism of a race horse. I have a friend who is probably 205 at about 9% HE Eats WHATEVER he wants, because his body allows him too.

its very complex keep trying

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
eat 3 times a day men! It's very important.

RedneckDB

Awards
eat 3 times a day men! It's very important.
scan reading your posts but you say you can't afford enough chicken yet seem to have a lot of supplements in your daily routine - I would cut out the bcaas and use that money for good food, same with your pre w/o and intra w/out drink. To me good quality food is priority then my krealkalyn and whey protein, anything else is just a bonus!

How much is mcdonalds anyway? I bet a GOMAD of full fat milk works out cheaper......

nonidentity

Awards
  • Established
I get a box of 50 eggs for around 3-5 US$
sweet potatoes are cheap, oatmeal is cheap, almonds are not expensive but not cheap.
there's your base foods and I don't think it'll be that much different in price than what ur doing. call up an asian supermarket, cause some times they have 50-100lbs bags of rice "not sure about brown rice but they might". I agree with food first then supplements and you only really need 3-4 foods and a multivitamin for the base of your bodybuilding food pyramid

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
i woke up today feelin like shieeeeeeeeeet and i did my BF % and it actually dropped .3% from a few days ago. so thats good! i really do want it. i came a long way losing 120 pounds and now i want to get ripped! i just have stupid habits, and my friends like to eat out after the gym i need to learn to say NO!!!!!!!!! i love food, thats why i cant seem to get away from that stuff. mcdonalds is gross, the only reason y i took that offer was cause my gfs mom offered and i was STARVING! but NO MORE! I GOT THIS!

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
i woke up today feelin like shieeeeeeeeeet and i did my BF % and it actually dropped .3% from a few days ago. so thats good! i really do want it. i came a long way losing 120 pounds and now i want to get ripped! i just have stupid habits, and my friends like to eat out after the gym i need to learn to say NO!!!!!!!!! i love food, thats why i cant seem to get away from that stuff. mcdonalds is gross, the only reason y i took that offer was cause my gfs mom offered and i was STARVING! but NO MORE! I GOT THIS!
I hope so Dave. Peanut Butter and Wheat Bread. You can snack on a sandwich whenever you get the urge. It's dirt cheap and convenient. Bring a sandwich with you and when your friends slob it up take out your sandwich. Do you want us to keep going with a list of cheap good foods?

Force your friends to change, show them how eating right is making you look better then them. Don't even tell them what your secret it, let them keep eating that crap and see how much different you will look compared to them. Competition breeds the best.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
f your friends, they aren't your friends if they are pressuring you into eating like a slob with them. They should be encouraging you.

In high school when me and my friends would go out to little caesars/mcdonalds and they would eat like crap I would bust out my package of albacore and throw some pepper on it and snack away with them. Who cares what THEY are doing, just worry about what YOU are doing.

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
yeah todays been a good day so far. i went with 15$ and got around 4 lbs of chicken breast tenderloins and going to be eating that for the next week. some seasoning and it tasted delishhhh! i need to find a way to up my protein intake though. ive had 4 eggs, 3 scoops of whey, 12oz of chicken so far. gettin a gallon in of eater too throughout the day so it keeps me full inbetween meels!

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
yeah todays been a good day so far. i went with 15$ and got around 4 lbs of chicken breast tenderloins and going to be eating that for the next week. some seasoning and it tasted delishhhh! i need to find a way to up my protein intake though. ive had 4 eggs, 3 scoops of whey, 12oz of chicken so far. gettin a gallon in of eater too throughout the day so it keeps me full inbetween meels!
If you have a BJ's, Costco, or similiar store near you then check our thier tuna selection. They usually have 16 cans for around 8 bucks. Also the chicken is a good idea. How about whole milk?

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
im not a big fan of fish to be honest. so i tend to stay away from that. whole milk yea i have alot of that. and im going to go buy tomorrow 2-3 jugs of natty pb. and stock up on more chicken. im on livestrong and im doing my plate for the day and came up with 2334 cals, 67g of fat, 210g of carbs, and 220g of protein. i think i did pretty good overall, im just going to try and cut back on the fats and carbs (fats came from pb, protein and eggs mostly and carbs came from oats and wheat bread mostly.) overall i think i had a successful day and really cleaned it up and felt alot better. im 21, 5'11 and 213 pds. i calculated that i need ~3600 a day to gain, and i am currently bulking up. its so hard and im sort like 1300 cals. its too late to get a big meal it too. ugh!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not a big fan of fish to be honest. so i tend to stay away from that. whole milk yea i have alot of that. and im going to go buy tomorrow 2-3 jugs of natty pb. and stock up on more chicken. im on livestrong and im doing my plate for the day and came up with 2334 cals, 67g of fat, 210g of carbs, and 220g of protein. i think i did pretty good overall, im just going to try and cut back on the fats and carbs (fats came from pb, protein and eggs mostly and carbs came from oats and wheat bread mostly.) overall i think i had a successful day and really cleaned it up and felt alot better. im 21, 5'11 and 213 pds. i calculated that i need ~3600 a day to gain, and i am currently bulking up. its so hard and im sort like 1300 cals. its too late to get a big meal it too. ugh!
What you did re day was fine. Remember that GOOD fats are ok, and carbohydrates are NOT your enemy. You can also eat when you want, too - I do :D

~Rosie~

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
One week wont kill you, clean it up for a while thats all. Besides if your counting macros you can fit occasional junkfood in there as long as it fits your macros. A grilled mc chicken isnt to bad on your own peace of wheat

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you want to get ripped, then bulking at all isn't necessarily the best idea until you are as ripped as you want to be.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OkAy diet looks way too low on carbs for a bulk. Carbs are pretty important. The whole clean eating allows for lean mass is bs. If your macros are decent what matters is calories in versus energy expenditure. So essentially what I'm getting at is how was your progress going? If you were gaining alot of fat than the over all calories need to come down mainly the binge calories more than likely. If you were having trouble gaining lbs than oviously cleaning up your diet is the worst move possible.
I'll say it again but this way. Say person A has a maintainance of 3000 calories and eats 2700 calories clean chicken breast rice olive oil ect. Person B hass the same 3000 calorie maintenance but adds in a double chese burger which brings him to 3200 calories a day. Only one is going to gain muscle, and it's person B.

So pick your total calories you need and than pick your macros based on that, 40/40/20 is a decent ratio but can be adjusted. Once you figure out te totals of each group get them in, in ways that taste good. I save 200 carbs pwo for pancakes personally. The point is as long as at the end of the day you get your 200g protein, 250 carbs, 70g fat (random numbers) you will grow nicely.

Having said that pwo meal is the most important meal and the only one I'd try to avoid using on fast food since I try to get high protein, super high carbs low fat.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You say your a college kid and tight on cash so can't afford to buy chicken breast, yet over the past week it looks like you just said you ate out 4 times?? Sounds to me like it is just an excuse, veggies are cheap, chicken can be bought at 1.99lb just look for sales, canned tuna is also cheap. You can live off tuna, almonds, and green beans if you money is that much if a issue.

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
thanks dudes/gals ive been doin really good recently. my progress is coming along really good, so i guess im not doing bad overall. i feel bigger, even tho im already 215 lbs i feel fuller u know? i had a couple of slices from dominos today since i was in a rush all day since 8am (school mostly.) hope it doesnt kill me. having a big meal around 9:30, 10 isnt bad? what about going to bed on a full stomach? i worked out today but didnt do any cardio so maybe i should just keep my eating less? idk!~

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
thanks dudes/gals ive been doin really good recently. my progress is coming along really good, so i guess im not doing bad overall. i feel bigger, even tho im already 215 lbs i feel fuller u know? i had a couple of slices from dominos today since i was in a rush all day since 8am (school mostly.) hope it doesnt kill me. having a big meal around 9:30, 10 isnt bad? what about going to bed on a full stomach? i worked out today but didnt do any cardio so maybe i should just keep my eating less? idk!~
Stop overthinking. A couple of slices isn't bad compared to your binge eating week. Also you wont get real progress in one week. It is going to take months. You need to stop worrying about small gains/losses until you have months invested. You need to be in this for the long haul.