raw eggs vs. egg beaters

linus420

Awards
Well I recently started eating raw eggs for breakfast and I couldn't find anything that said eggbeaters or pastuerized eggs are safe to eat I thought Bout trying them because of no cholesterol and hassle of buying cage free eggs

codered5

Awards
How many are you eating? There is numerous evidence out there that depending on body weight and how many eggs you are eating, there is either NO effect on serum levels of cholesterol or actually a positive effect from eating whole eggs. It would probably be a mistake to eliminate them completely, they offer so many benefits.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on your goals and your body. I love eggbeaters. The pricetag on them sucks, though.

BigBen89

BigBen89

Awards
has anybody tried ordering any of those gallons of egg whites with the pump handle I've always wanted to try them cause it just seems so much easier?

linus420

Awards
I eat 6-8 egglands best brand with 1 cup raw oatmeal and a few tbsp of pb

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
So, wait a second. The benefits that come from eggs (Arachinid or however thats spelled Acid and all the other muscle building stuff) will not come in egg beaters?

I have only been eating egg beaters for a while, bought a microwave friendly thing to make omelets and just made my life a lot easier, not to mention no cholesterol, but I could really use the other benefits from eggs, aside from cholesterol.

linus420

Awards
Alot easier to drink them imo ..2 at a time with a seperate cup of milk to chase it slides right down use to gag first few times but it is an acquired taste

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, wait a second. The benefits that come from eggs (Arachinid or however thats spelled Acid and all the other muscle building stuff) will not come in egg beaters?

I have only been eating egg beaters for a while, bought a microwave friendly thing to make omelets and just made my life a lot easier, not to mention no cholesterol, but I could really use the other benefits from eggs, aside from cholesterol.
still plenty of protein, but it being basically fat free means you lose all the good fats. I like the liquid whites becuase you can mix it into a shake. figure a shake done with a cup of the egg whites, a half cup of hood calorie countdown skim milk and 1 scoop of hydrowhey gives you 4 protein types with next to 0 carbs or fat.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Definitely a good alternative when you just don't have the time for the real thing. But it sure does get costly.

linus420

Awards
How many are you eating? There is numerous evidence out there that depending on body weight and how many eggs you are eating, there is either NO effect on serum levels of cholesterol or actually a positive effect from eating whole eggs. It would probably be a mistake to eliminate them completely, they offer so many benefits.
How many eggs did that study show could be eaten wit no cholesterol effect?

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine pours egg beaters into a glass, mixes hersheys chocolate syrup, stirs up and drinks it. I haven't tried it but it seems interesting.

Slightly off topic though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brocodeout69 Nutrition / Health 71
bell1986 Nutrition / Health 15
william247 Nutrition / Health 24
cory0475 Nutrition / Health 25
Weight Loss 11