Magic Bullet Blender

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
Finally purchased one when on sale a month ago...little guy is great. Love it for shakes on the go with all the cups it comes with.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah dude! Totally. Having those four cups just makes shakes easy. Just gotta make sure I do a load in the dishwasher every four days. Although I actually sometimes use that one that's the same shape as a cup but with no handle.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
That's good news! I had one a few years ago but my ex stole it from me. It worked for a few months though before that happened. I just bought a new one. I had forgotten how incredibly awesome it was.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
I've been using the Bullet for the last 6-7 years. Mixes shakes, grinds coffee and oats. I can't live without one

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I think I got mine on amazon for like 50 bucks or something. There's some kind of platinum one on there for 80 too. I don't know what the difference is though.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, you guys that have one. How well does it blend up oats into something drinkable?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just curious, you guys that have one. How well does it blend up oats into something drinkable?
Outstanding. I use it daily to grind 1 cup of oats for pre-workout. Done in a minute with a little tapping/shaking with the small cup.

I really like the Magic Bullet, works great for shakes but can get clogged if you use too much PB and too many scoops proteing without enough liquid. That goes for any blender though, but if you like a 64oz shake, it's not for you...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Outstanding. I use it daily to grind 1 cup of oats for pre-workout. Done in a minute with a little tapping/shaking with the small cup.

I really like the Magic Bullet, works great for shakes but can get clogged if you use too much PB and too many scoops proteing without enough liquid. That goes for any blender though, but if you like a 64oz shake, it's not for you...

Thanks brotha, I am specifically looking for something that is gonna work well for oats, and my standard 15 dollar blender ain't cuttin it, haha. So I took the plunge a few min ago and bought a bullet from amazon :)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brotha, I am specifically looking for something that is gonna work well for oats, and my standard 15 dollar blender ain't cuttin it, haha. So I took the plunge a few min ago and bought a bullet from amazon :)
I think you'll like it. It's easy to clean too, just rinse and dry 2 pieces for oats.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
You won't regret it man. I grind oats in mine sometimes too. I also put wheat germ in there a lot. Grinds it up pretty well.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Good call on this one guys. I've been using mine on various concoctions lately, with bananas, and peanut butter and what have you. Tried it today with an entire cup of oats in it, and it blended up great!

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
One of my buddies has one ive used it a couple times and its amazing! i always forget to get on when i go out to the store but im looking to pick one up this weekend.

princevince

Awards
  • Established

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking about buying 1,i was wondering if they blend frozen bananna's??

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I have the huge set, with all the attachments and everything, and have never used it in over three years. It just sits in my cabinet, I WANT to use it, but never reach for it. I have 6 or 7 of those Tornadoes from the main supplement website online, and they work pretty well.

So, using a magic bullet for protein shakes is a good idea? I can imagine when mixing in some peanut butter, blueberries, or a banana it would be, but just for some powder and milk I wonder if it would be overkill to actually plug something in and then have to wash it all out?

You know what, I'm going to use it no matter what this week, I've had it for way too long and it's collected dust! I need to look through the book that came with it, if I still have it, to get some ideas. I also have a Jack Lalane Juicer, never use that either.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I ALMOST bought one at the QVC outlet at the Myrtle beach tanger outlets Sunday...now I saw this post and I am pissed I didn't...it was a set for like 50.00 ...I was figuring I can likely get it at Target or somewhere like that...might check out Amazon like ya'll said. Looking to get one primarily for grinding oats myself. Need to up my cals somehow and that seems like a great way by adding the oats into a shake.

Last edited:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I ALMOST bought one at the QVC outlet at the Myrtle beach tanger outlets Sunday...now I saw this post and I am pissed I didn't...it was a set for like 50.00 ...I was figuring I can likely get it at Target or somewhere like that...might check out Amazon like ya'll said. Looking to get one primarily for grinding oats myself. Need to up my cals somehow and that seems like a great way by adding the oats into a shake.
I haven't added oats to my shakes in over a year, thanks for the reminder! Sounds delicious. I might have some vanilla protein with some milk, blueberries, peanut butter, and oats later!

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I haven't added oats to my shakes in over a year, thanks for the reminder! Sounds delicious. I might have some vanilla protein with some milk, blueberries, peanut butter, and oats later!
Sounds OUTSTANDING (pun intended kind of)! What kind of PB you puttin in there?

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Well i got the package deal for $44 at walmart.I used it for my post shake and it didn't do bad.I wasn't overly impressed but i might read on how to use it today lol .I don't ever see me using all the pieces,there's like 20pieces with it!And some nasty sounding recipes to make.

purebred

The imitation versions of the Magic Bullet work just as well as the "real" version for roughly half the cost. Mine grinds oats and everything else just as well + comes with additional cups. Hit up your local wholesaler, Walmart, etc.

Overall, its a very convenient tool especially for people living the fitness lifestyle.

adnscmplx

Awards
Anyone use it to chop up veggies? I'm looking for a lazy man's alternative to doing all that cutting.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
Anyone use it to chop up veggies? I'm looking for a lazy man's alternative to doing all that cutting.
Not so sure on the MB...def dont get a slap chop...I got one and tried it and it def does NOT work like they show it on TV...truth in advertising HA!

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Not yet but i know it tears up pumpkin seeds in like 5sec.Only thing i think with the veggies is it might turn them into a paste mybe.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use it for onions, garlic, and other stuff. It works well.

Actually, it's one of the heavily advertised aspects of it. You can make fresh salsa in 30 seconds, just put the ingredients in the container and pop it on. Watch the infomercial to see the possibilities ;)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Mine actually struggles with flax seeds for some reason, go figure. It completely destroys anything else you throw in it.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
I've had my bullet for 4 years now, only problem I had was the plastic/ rubber gear on the bottom of the blade broke off- easy fix with super glue though! And they do have a cordless version http://www.bullettogo.com/

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
These things are beast.. all there is to it.. they will take anything you can fit into the little cup..well.. perhaps not rocks.. but anything edible :D

Not so sure on the MB...def dont get a slap chop...I got one and tried it and it def does NOT work like they show it on TV...truth in advertising HA!
I have an imitation slapchop and it does.. hmm.. sad?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
VITAMIX > magic bullet

Its pretty much the blender you see smoothie king , starbucks, etc use to make their smoothies and coffees. You know as well as i do, that you have at least once in your life said this after drinking a smoothie/coffee from one of those places...."man, if i could make one of these at home, then i would drink these all the time"

well, the vitamix can do that and more. How about putting a whole bag of spinach, cup of grapes, kale, bluberries, pears, greek yogurt, etc...etc.....blend it up and drink it. Not a single clump....all smooth as water.

Yea, they cost a lot, but are worth it IMO

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
VITAMIX > magic bullet

Its pretty much the blender you see smoothie king , starbucks, etc use to make their smoothies and coffees. You know as well as i do, that you have at least once in your life said this after drinking a smoothie/coffee from one of those places...."man, if i could make one of these at home, then i would drink these all the time"

well, the vitamix can do that and more. How about putting a whole bag of spinach, cup of grapes, kale, bluberries, pears, greek yogurt, etc...etc.....blend it up and drink it. Not a single clump....all smooth as water.

Yea, they cost a lot, but are worth it IMO
Interesting, where can one find said Vitamix?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the Vitamix has always intrigued me... but for now, until I have well over $1,000 to buy one, I'll keep using Jack Lalane's Juicer.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I checked out their website, the reasonable ones are actually only 500, haha.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I checked out their website, the reasonable ones are actually only 500, haha.
What's the difference between models? I wonder if the 'cheaper' $500 model can still take the abuse and years of usage? Eh, what am I saying, I'm not going to spend $1,000 or $500 haha!

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
actually, right now on their website, you can get a refurbished one (its basically a new one) with a 5 yr warranty for 359 + free shipping. Its the new model , 5200. The thing is an absolute beast, and i will probably order mine tomorrow.

To answer some questions on how durable they are...umm...they last forever. Its a 2hp motor. It will cook/boil soup in the container...boil water in a few minutes. People have had their original vitamix blenders for over 20yrs. So, yea, they are well made. Take a look.

https://secure.vitamix.com/acb/stores/4/Spring-Sale-Factory-Reconditioned-5-Year-Warranty-P2346C0.aspx?Coupon=

YouTube - Affiliate Marketing Bought Me a Vita-Mix 5200...this thing is AWESOME!

YouTube - Vitamix5200 CostcoDemo

comparing 2 top blenders.....blendtec vs vitamix.

YouTube - Green Smoothies - VitaMix vs. Blendtec

What's the difference between models? I wonder if the 'cheaper' $500 model can still take the abuse and years of usage? Eh, what am I saying, I'm not going to spend $1,000 or $500 haha!

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I've had my bullet for 4 years now, only problem I had was the plastic/ rubber gear on the bottom of the blade broke off- easy fix with super glue though! And they do have a cordless version http://www.bullettogo.com/
Now you tell me after i already got one!Oh well i still like it.Except for grinding nuts,but could make p/b with it!

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the Vitamix has always intrigued me... but for now, until I have well over $1,000 to buy one, I'll keep using Jack Lalane's Juicer.
Holy monkeyballs!!!$1000 for that much i'll just chew really,really fast!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
actually, right now on their website, you can get a refurbished one (its basically a new one) with a 5 yr warranty for 359 + free shipping. Its the new model , 5200. The thing is an absolute beast, and i will probably order mine tomorrow.

To answer some questions on how durable they are...umm...they last forever. Its a 2hp motor. It will cook/boil soup in the container...boil water in a few minutes. People have had their original vitamix blenders for over 20yrs. So, yea, they are well made. Take a look.

https://secure.vitamix.com/acb/stores/4/Spring-Sale-Factory-Reconditioned-5-Year-Warranty-P2346C0.aspx?Coupon=

YouTube - Affiliate Marketing Bought Me a Vita-Mix 5200...this thing is AWESOME!

YouTube - Vitamix5200 CostcoDemo

comparing 2 top blenders.....blendtec vs vitamix.

YouTube - Green Smoothies - VitaMix vs. Blendtec
Thanks so much, reps - great post. I am not doubting in any way the amazing power of these machines, I'm just saying right now I'd rather buy another couple hundred grams of testoser.... um, I mean, make a car payment, then buy a juicer ;)

I will say however, I REALLY want one... I just wonder if I'd use it, since I already have a Lalane Juicer and it sits in the cupboard.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
The vitamix certainly is intriguing. I know this sounds stupid, but the deal breaker for me, unless it comes other size containers is that the blender cup itself is humongous, you would have to pour what you mix up into another cup to drink/eat it. I like the small size of the mix cup on my bullet, I can just drink/eat whatever I mix up straight out of the container itself. And I think we all know less dishes to wash = win.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
I tried mixing about 12 ounces of V8 and 4 whole hard boiled eggs in my bullet just the other day... I blended for about 60 seconds and it came out chunky but it wasn't too bad for a breakfast that goes from start to down the hatch in under 5 minutes.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
My most awesome GF got me a MB this weekend. Ground up some oats for my post workout shake...I think I needed to grind it a little longer it was gritty...looking forward to trying some other idea's.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
My most awesome GF got me a MB this weekend. Ground up some oats for my post workout shake...I think I needed to grind it a little longer it was gritty...looking forward to trying some other idea's.
try a banana in there WITH the oats, for some reason it holds the oats and makes the whole mix smooth and drinkable as opposed to either them all sinking to the bottom or being gritty.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
try a banana in there WITH the oats, for some reason it holds the oats and makes the whole mix smooth and drinkable as opposed to either them all sinking to the bottom or being gritty.
Will give it a shot + reps for you!