Protein bar without sugar and sugar alcohols?

kyleintheknow

Awards
Does anyone know of any protein bars without sugar or sugar alcohols?? I only know of Quest bars...they're great, but they only have 2 flavors and I'm getting kind of bored with just 2 flavors after a couple months. Thanks! :afro:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why are you worried about sugar alcohols? Just wondering.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was gonna suggest Quest bars. I just did a online chat with a rep from Quest and asked him two questions. New flavors, and why avoid sugar alcohols?. Here are the answers,

Chris: Hi. Sugar alcohols have 3 main negative attributes.
Chris: 1) They can couse cravings for sweets.
Chris: 2) They cause gastrointestinal distress in many people.
Chris: 3) They still contain calories. Some of them, like glycerine/glycerol have even MORE calories than regular sugar.

you: are you gonna make any new flavors.?

Chris: We are developing new flavors right now, we should be having a chocolate and chocolate peanut butter flavors coming out shortly.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
oh man, ANYTHING peanut butter is golden, u feel me!? You seriously can't mess up PB

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You seriously can't mess up PB
I disagree lol. Sadly, I've had a lot of products with peanut butter flavoring somehow tied to them and they're awful. But, hopefully the bars will be just fine :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These bars are spot on when it comes to flavor. I mean the peanut butter ones are made from peanuts and peanut butter, so you really can't mess that up!.

On the other hand I have never had a Chocolate Peanut Butter, or Peanut Butter protein drink that actually tastes like Peanut Butter!.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
These bars are spot on when it comes to flavor. I mean the peanut butter ones are made from peanuts and peanut butter, so you really can't mess that up!.

On the other hand I have never had a Chocolate Peanut Butter, or Peanut Butter protein drink that actually tastes like Peanut Butter!.

The premium peanut butter flavor from trueprotein is pretty good. The premium "chocolate peanut butter cup" is the absolute best tasting protein powder I've ever had in my life! It's seriously like heaven in a shaker bottle

bigbob21

bigbob21

Awards
I've recently received 2 free bars from Quest...
Both current flavors were EXCELLENT.

Take this review from a guy who HATES CHOCOLATE/PEANUT BUTTER/MOCHA, etc... protein powders.

I ONLY drink/eat strawberry, vanilla, cinnimon flavored protein supplements.

So for me to say those bars were good, WOW!
just wish they weren't so expensive...Powders still cheaper :(

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anyone know of any protein bars without sugar or sugar alcohols?? I only know of Quest bars...they're great, but they only have 2 flavors and I'm getting kind of bored with just 2 flavors after a couple months. Thanks! :afro:
They are coming out with more flavors soon.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've recently received 2 free bars from Quest...
Both current flavors were EXCELLENT.

Take this review from a guy who HATES CHOCOLATE/PEANUT BUTTER/MOCHA, etc... protein powders.

I ONLY drink/eat strawberry, vanilla, cinnimon flavored protein supplements.

So for me to say those bars were good, WOW!
just wish they weren't so expensive...Powders still cheaper :(

Just eat less of them. I mean they have 15 grams of fiber per bar!. If you eat 2 you have all you fiber for that day. That's not counting whatever else you eat. Yeah these are great tasting bars. The best I think, no crap whatsoever in them. All natural, low carb...No fake low-carb bs with sugar alcohols either. If only Nutraplanet would start carrying these bars.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they are great but too pricey for me.