post workout carbs

hli1022

Awards
what kind of carbs have you guys tried post workout that allows for good recovery with minimal fat gain. i tried 50 grams of dextrose coming from gatorade powder, but im really carb sensitive, it yield good recovery, but also fat gain.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If your gaining too much fat eat less calories through out the day. I personally save about 100-200 carbs for my pwo meal. Pancakes, oatmeal, cereal ect. Haven't noticed any extra fat gains as long as my days macros are on. Oh I have alot of chocolate milk as well.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
what kind of carbs have you guys tried post workout that allows for good recovery with minimal fat gain. i tried 50 grams of dextrose coming from gatorade powder, but im really carb sensitive, it yield good recovery, but also fat gain.
The best carbohydrates for recovery post-training are simple carbohydrates, because they get into your blood stream the fastest. However, it doesn't really matter what kind of carbohydrates you have post-training, since you should be having complex carbohydrates in your post-training meal within an hour of finishing training, even if you have simple carbohydrates in a post-training shake/snack.

As far as fat gain, your post-training meal is the most important meal you have on that day, IMO, and as long as the rest of your day's nutrition is fine, there is no reason for you to gain fat.

~Rosie~

hli1022

Awards
If your gaining too much fat eat less calories through out the day. I personally save about 100-200 carbs for my pwo meal. Pancakes, oatmeal, cereal ect. Haven't noticed any extra fat gains as long as my days macros are on. Oh I have alot of chocolate milk as well.
i think i should change my workout to mornings i usually workout at 8pm at night.

hli1022

Awards
The best carbohydrates for recovery post-training are simple carbohydrates, because they get into your blood stream the fastest. However, it doesn't really matter what kind of carbohydrates you have post-training, since you should be having complex carbohydrates in your post-training meal within an hour of finishing training, even if you have simple carbohydrates in a post-training shake/snack.

As far as fat gain, your post-training meal is the most important meal you have on that day, IMO, and as long as the rest of your day's nutrition is fine, there is no reason for you to gain fat.

~Rosie~
do you recommend the usual 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein for pwo?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
do you recommend the usual 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein for pwo?
~50 grams of carbohydrates and ~30 grams of protein immediately post-training, and then a meal 30-60 minutes after that.

It's really dependent on the individual though what they have, and you just need to experiment and see how you feel after what and what is the most effective re recovery for you, etc.

~Rosie~