weekly grocery bill?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by tbarrows View Post
    steak every day!!! That sounds delicious, maybe that's my problem... I look at steak once a week as as 'treat' for myself. For some reason I under the impression of steak several times a week was bad? Probably the same person that said eggs were bad for me... funk that noise!
    do u live at home? why arent u spending more money on food brah
    BJJ = life

2. Quote Originally Posted by tbarrows View Post
    steak every day!!! That sounds delicious, maybe that's my problem... I look at steak once a week as as 'treat' for myself. For some reason I under the impression of steak several times a week was bad? Probably the same person that said eggs were bad for me... funk that noise!
    Steak has a lot of iron in it - having too much iron can be an issue (too much stored iron can become toxic), which is generally why it is recommended to have red meat ~3 times a week. However, if it's not causing you problems and you're not eating it in HUGE quantities, then you could be ok with it.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    do u live at home? why arent u spending more money on food brah
    haha nah, I dunno... I go and I buy chicken breasts, eggs, oats, some veggies, grape fruit usually, peanut butter. Some things last longer to use up than 1 week, things like going out to dinner with the gf happen so food is then shifted to another day and I've got some carry over come the next shopping day. But my bill compared to some of you guys is grossley skewed! I gotta get my eat on I guess

4. Food is over-rated

5. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    yeah meat and eggs for me. steak errrrryday brother
    Amen to that!

Well, maybe not every day, but most days.

I sacrafice other things to have lots of steak.

6. about $45-$50 per week for me not counting protein powder. I goto Box N Save. I have a pound steak once per week.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Harry Manback View Post
    I need to shop where you guys shop. I'm easily at $150 a week.
    I agree, I don't know where people are shopping for a weeks worth of food for 35 bucks. I've even gone to costco and priced diff of what I pay at publix and it didn't really save much and I'd have to drive pretty far to get to a costco. Their frozen chicken was not much less than publix. My chili recipe in one of my threads didn't have a lot of ingredients and ended up about 35 bucks alone just for that batch.

8. It's honestly cheaper to live off of protein powder and oats.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    a 45lb pail of crunchy all natural peanut butter!!!!!
    •   

10. I spend about $70 a week, and that's with supplementing 3 meals with protein shakes (plus 3 normal meals, bfast, lunch, and dinner). Gallon of milk about every 2-3 days, eggs are pretty expensive (3.29 for 18 omega 3 eggs at Sam's), which go FAST, etc. Salad items are usually what destroy the weekly bill. I dont eat out but maybe once or twice a week, though (always PWO pizza or Chipotle).

11. Easily $80 - 100. It's the salmon that really gets me everytime

12. Quote Originally Posted by GMaccow View Post
    Easily $80 - 100. It's the salmon that really gets me everytime
    Yeh fish gets pricey lol, and i don't like frozen fish in bags... gotta have the fresh fish = $$$$$ lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Injections: bi-weekly vs. weekly
    By TylerDurden7 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
  2. My cutting grocery bill!
    By Omen in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 01:43 PM
  3. grocery list $$$
    By snakebyte05 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12